Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diplomacy/politics?

tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

someone told me that when you declare war on a clan, you cannot attack them unless they declare war back ..... is this true? If it is, it makes no sense whatsover, and it gives alot of room for a clan to never go to war just because they dont want to war dec a bigger clan back ...... This feels like a big hole in what could be a great game.

Playing: EVE Online
Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

Comments

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

You can attack a clan without declaring war on them, the same way you can attack a clan if you declare war on them but they dont declare back, the system is the same as Lineage 2, which is to prevent a clan declaring war on every single clan because they can and just go on a rampage without any consequence, if you just kill someone without any reason (in game mechanic that allows it) then you get a murder count (PK) , if you declare war on a clan and they dont declare back then I believe (and i read this somehwere on the MO forums)  you will get a "half way" penalty, so you might get a murder count but it wont be a so harsh penalty, if both clans are at war then its free game no downside for each side killing.

This may seem restrictive but I actually agree, its the same as scheduled sieges they need to happen otherwise the game just turns into a gankfest with only a handfull of peopel able to stand up and use the game mechanics, there should be mechanics so people think of the consequences of just killing people.

Situation: "Player A encounters Player B while travelling in the wilderness"

No muder count or consequences:

Player A just looks at his armor and thinks he has the upper hand and simply starts running and bashing against player B just for a chance of getting whatever items he has on him, there is no consequence and player A doesnt really care or know about player B.

With muder consequence:

Player A looks at player B, would this guy be really worth a muder count, Player A thinks he has the upper hand and would easily kill him, which would pose no challenge , but he probably isnt carrying anything of value for him, nor does Player A has any grudge against player B, player A goes on his way and greets player B as he goes past him.

Obviously these are general situations, ofc player A could be just a thieve waiting for someone to rob and muder, but in general people wont just randomly kill when there is some sort of consequence to it, unless ofc there is a strong reason beyond, "i just found this guy on the road".

This is a bit beyond te scope of this thread but I just thought I would elaborate a litle bit. Ofc I dunno how much of this system will actually be in game but this is the sort of system I would liek to be part of and what I have been able to understand from the scattered information on the MO forums.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by rav3n2

You can attack a clan without declaring war on them, the same way you can attack a clan if you declare war on them but they dont declare back, the system is the same as Lineage 2, which is to prevent a clan declaring war on every single clan because they can and just go on a rampage without any consequence, if you just kill someone without any reason (in game mechanic that allows it) then you get a murder count (PK) , if you declare war on a clan and they dont declare back then I believe (and i read this somehwere on the MO forums)  you will get a "half way" penalty, so you might get a murder count but it wont be a so harsh penalty, if both clans are at war then its free game no downside for each side killing.
    This may seem restrictive but I actually agree, its the same as scheduled sieges they need to happen otherwise the game just turns into a gankfest with only a handfull of peopel able to stand up and use the game mechanics, there should be mechanics so people think of the consequences of just killing people.

that is a shame to hear. TBH i would have went the EVE route of declaring war to stopping guilds from declaring war on everyone. And i already know of the consequences and murder system, i was just curious about clans declaring war on each other. It is really discouraging to hear they are taking such a unrealistic look at war decs like this.

No one is really stopping you from going there and kill the other clan even without a war declaration.

TBF if this turns out to be like Darkfall and everyone is just running around in groups killing everything that moves on sight I will simply not play it, im all for FFA PVP, but I dont want counter strike, I want to play a good medieval world simulation, where ppl wont just slaughter eachother randomly, for this to happen there needs to be mechanics to not encourage this unless there is a greater reason.

Without any consequences or any restrictions, then trading wont develop between cities becuase they will always be at war, and constantly under siege, just because well they can, people wont build cities and cities wont expand because there will always be someone at war with everyone because they can. This is not the type of game I want to play.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

No one is really stopping you from going there and kill the other clan even without a war declaration.
    TBF if this turns out to be like Darkfall and everyone is just running around in groups killing everything that moves on sight I will simply not play it, im all for FFA PVP, but I dont want counter strike, I want to play a good medieval world simulation, where ppl wont just slaughter eachother randomly, for this to happen there needs to be mechanics to not encourage this unless there is a greater reason.
    Without any consequences or any restrictions, then trading wont develop between cities becuase they will always be at war, and constantly under siege, just because well they can, people wont build cities and cities wont expand because there will always be someone at war with everyone because they can. This is not the type of game I want to play.

/agree. /thread

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

tbh being broke with no money is a much harsher consequence then being red. It also helps stabilize the economy for if/when there is too much gold in the game.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Situation: "Player A encounters Player B while travelling in the wilderness"

No muder count or consequences:
    Player A just looks at his armor and thinks he has the upper hand and simply starts running and bashing against player B just for a chance of getting whatever items he has on him, there is no consequence and player A doesnt really care or know about player B.

With muder consequence:
    Player A looks at player B, would this guy be really worth a muder count, Player A thinks he has the upper hand and would easily kill him, which would pose no challenge , but he probably isnt carrying anything of value for him, nor does Player A has any grudge against player B, player A goes on his way and greets player B as he goes past him.

Obviously these are general situations, ofc player A could be just a thieve waiting for someone to rob and muder, but in general people wont just randomly kill when there is some sort of consequence to it, unless ofc there is a strong reason beyond, "i just found this guy on the road".
    This is a bit beyond te scope of this thread but I just thought I would elaborate a litle bit. Ofc I dunno how much of this system will actually be in game but this is the sort of system I would liek to be part of and what I have been able to understand from the scattered information on the MO forums.

Nicely written. Really gives a great impression on how the devs intended the system to be.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    Originally posted by DarkPony

With muder consequence:

Nicely written. Really gives a great impression on how the devs intended the system to be.

that is stupid because most of farmers can go half naked and stay "safer" because dont worth killing them

BestSigEver :P

Originally posted by cosy

With muder consequence:

that is stupid because most of farmers can go half naked and stay "safer" because dont worth killing them

LOL what are you on about? Did you even read my post?

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

With muder consequence:

So, imagine you are a rogue knight roaming the country side. Would you find it worth your while to kill a naked farmer you'd stumble upon then? I think you might spit on the unlucky peasant but it's not something worth climbing of your horse for.

edit: oops, removed half a sentence

With muder consequence:

So, imagine you are a rogue knight roaming the country side. Would you find it worth your while to kill a naked farmer you'd stumble upon then? I think you might spit on the unlucky peasant but it's not something worth climbing of your horse for.

edit: oops, removed half a sentence

Exactly my point, there needs to be a system in place that will discourage people from "killing with no reason", like I said im all about FFA PVP, but mindless killing is not my thing , i leave that to when I play TF2 and Battlefield, for the world to develop in other aspects not just raw PVP we need these mechanics.

Wether its a farmer or just a normal player, doesnt matter, but killing other players should have some reason other than "ITS FFA PVP!", if your a murderer or a thieve thats a good enough reason but you will have to live as a criminal, and be hunted down and possibly be killed by guards when you enter cities and outposts.

• XnxaxXnxax Member Posts: 73

I think this is excellent =)

Of course you will get a mindless group of reds now and then, but I think the system will work like a charm. After all, flagging systems have been used very successfully in other games, UO for example.

<===== Mindless RED

Tried: EvE, DnD Online, LotRO, WAR, AoC,
    Played: UO, SWG(pre-cu), GuildWars, FFXI, WoW
    Liked: UO, SWG, GuildWars
    Disliked: WoW, FFXI

Originally posted by Xnxax

Of course you will get a mindless group of reds now and then, but I think the system will work like a charm. After all, flagging systems have been used very successfully in other games, UO for example.
    <===== Mindless RED

Ofc the same way when you play CS or any other FPS with FF on there is usually one a-hole once in a while just team killing, but the bottom line is, it wont be EVERYONE running around mindlessly. If i get attacked in the wild, I expect the player to have a grudge against me or to be a thieve/criminal not just some random player that took a shot because ohh well, thats how the game is kill everything on sight.

• XnxaxXnxax Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by Xnxax

<===== Mindless RED

Ofc the same way when you play CS or any other FPS with FF on there is usually one a-hole once in a while just team killing, but the bottom line is, it wont be EVERYONE running around mindlessly. If i get attacked in the wild, I expect the player to have a grudge against me or to be a thieve/criminal not just some random player that took a shot because ohh well, thats how the game is kill everything on sight.

Excactly =)

Tried: EvE, DnD Online, LotRO, WAR, AoC,
    Played: UO, SWG(pre-cu), GuildWars, FFXI, WoW
    Liked: UO, SWG, GuildWars
    Disliked: WoW, FFXI