Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats good about this game?

Sk8andgamesSk8andgames Member Posts: 270
aparently if NCsoft still runs l2, then theres got 2 b something people c in it. im tired of hearing all the bad, tell me whats good about the game and what makes people wanna buy it...xmas is coming so make it snappyimage

want to c my real stats? tell SoE to fix em

Comments

• daethevendaetheven Member Posts: 51

well here is some good for ya 1st nc will not ban asian ips but we are banned form there wich means that (i have nothing aginst asians) the asian who run adena inc wich sells adena on e bay, 2nd drop rates 1in27000 fora pair of gloves or 2 weeks worth of hunting to get the items needed to make.3rd nc soft will no higher and english understanding gms thus our problems are never fixed  for the second they do not understand what you are saying they promply shut down the petition and youre left stuck with out the item to finish a quest that the game goofed and never gave you.4th constant game down times, ncsoft is not a company you want to buy and play a game from. unless its CoH wich i heard they actualy have ppl who understand english and will work with you on youre problems and not sorry to bad go away because they do not understand english lineage 2 should be yanked from selfs as i was leaveing other where leaveing go to other games , now if all you desore is prety pictures and chars with g strings then sure l2 is for you but im sorry i am male i love g strings but on RL girls

• blastjuiceblastjuice Member Posts: 6
    I personally wouldn't recomend this game for you. You have probably heard all of the bad so I will spare you from that. The good things about this game is that the graphics are great, the sound and music do not get annoying and the style of play is different then other mmorpg's. In all honesty though the shining graphics and sound will keep you impressed for a week. good luck!

• Sk8andgamesSk8andgames Member Posts: 270

2 questions:

1. is there a trial out for the game yet

2. is there anyway to email a dev from the game...mayb talk to them about what can b done. i was waiting on L2 for awhile into the beta, so if its anything like PS, it might take awhile to iron out/ for the companie to c there flaws. the game overall looks awesome and im not to against pvp (obviously, i play PSimage) random pvp bothers me but its just another bump that must b fixed.

1. no there is no trail for L2

2. the NA branch of NCsoft can not do anything to L2 and will not due to the fact that the koreans haveing  full controll over the planing and game fixes and additions no one will have a say so except the koreans who play the korean servers, go get on them you say nay we can not all NA ips and proxies are band on korean servers, but they will not ban adeana inc who is based in korea form the NA servers , ppl who buy money are cheaters they are useing others who grief and pk ks and all the other goodies  that they do , just so someone can pay 20$ and get a mill adeana,And so the random pk no its not a bump in the road there is a major exploit they told us that in the start if u lost to many lvls you would lose skills, since open beta this is not true, the fact is they have done nothing to stop those who hit lvl 50 and have lvl 50 skills to drop to lvl 4( wont drop items) with lvl 50 skills. now at lvl 4 you can wear non grade armor (basic starter gear >20) and weapons, now one would think well there lvl 4 what can they do they dont have life to pk, true they dont but they have attacks that will kill anyone under 800 hit points (26 average,dwarf and orc have higher hit points) so now u have someone who dosent care if they die they wont lose anything and has the power to drop most noobs in a single shot. even more so since the top ng weapons can use non grade soul shot ( allows for a double damage hit cost lots of money). for most you say well that s part of the game and ya know what thats not what bothered me what bothered me was the fact that in order to replace what i droped i had to buy another. down side you can lose main weapon and guess what with out that youre screwed you cant hunt non grades can cost up to 300k and d grades can be up to 4 mill it took me from open beta to this month to get half of the 4 mill for top d grade weapon i lvled from 20-36 with the lowest d grade weapon i killed up to 20 things at a time( was a mage aoe) and never got a weapon drop never got a armor drop nothing nothing of use to me nothing to make me a mill or so to get a upgrade, i and alot of other strugled and those who bought adena from ebay where able to lvl faster being tinked with top grade weapons total game unbalance the GM's dont care NCsoft support will not respond unless threatend by boycot then they will do something they do not care and i think that this fact NCsoft whould be let know by us and those who haev site such as this to find out why find out what they are doing to fix and why they done have a team to fix it and deliver the type of product they had said it was bait and switch is a tactic for car salesmen not mmorpgs

lengthy response, read it all though.image

darn, well thats a bummer...for a game that looks so great and was so anticipated....it sux.image guess i wont b buying it. sad since it has alot of potential but NCsoft, or the people who cause these problems, are just as happy with a small amount of players knowing people will spend the money on the disc and monthly fee. o well... sad to hear...and i really was excited about l2 the day it came outimage

sorry to burt the bubble i was just like you when open beta came out l2 was all i could talk about they would promise us with fixes and drop rate increases but they never came empty pormises and customer service that is far froma a service more a dis service well glad to hear you wont waste youre self on this game, imageimageimageimageimage

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

Originally posted by blastjuice
    I personally wouldn't recomend this game for you. You have probably heard all of the bad so I will spare you from that. The good things about this game is that the graphics are great, the sound and music do not get annoying and the style of play is different then other mmorpg's. In all honesty though the shining graphics and sound will keep you impressed for a week. good luck!

Your just a low level noob that quit you probably didnt try hard enough to get money and do things in the game TO MAKE IT GO YOUR WAY. I did things the right way and the game has been more fun then not even though all the problems you guys talk about like farming. I know that in EvE online you can make way more real money selling EvE online money online and i heard alot of people do it and even online is the #1 mmorg on this site ? So please dont talk about farming its done in all games.

Signaturen-Creator

Originally posted by Datcyde

Originally posted by blastjuice

Your just a low level noob that quit you probably didnt try hard enough to get money and do things in the game TO MAKE IT GO YOUR WAY. I did things the right way and the game has been more fun then not even though all the problems you guys talk about like farming. I know that in EvE online you can make way more real money selling EvE online money online and i heard alot of people do it and even online is the #1 mmorg on this site ? So please dont talk about farming its done in all games.

Signaturen-Creator

well mate  the grind isnt the problem its ncsoft itself there customer support is laughable the game lacks devesity, only way to tell each other apart is the name and tag above youre head and they decide to add more faces later why would you support a game that has no concern about want you want for youre monthly fee, oh i wasnt a noob, i played stupified to the game to many prety pistures to amuse the child within but the adventure fighter wanted something it lacks, a pvp game with a penalty hmm odd , ive played alot of pvp games and few ive found that not 1 has such a strange way of saying sure you can kill but you cant use towns?????? and you get a new red name tag witch is stupid i think only way to tell if some one is a pker or not is if they kill you or not thats the fun part, oh and the lvl 4 exploit in game that has not been fixed since open beta( i.e. a caped char can de lvl to 4 with out loseing the powerfull caped skills) wich has cuased alot of nonsense, im all for well if u have what i want and i can kill you so give it, but im not for someone have the ability to one shot me due to some flaw in game and have customer support tell me " I do not understand youre problem petition closed" you now have 3 of 5 petitions left. and the game was not fun for me to get as high as i did in the game no good quests no good drop rates nothing about that game is as it should be the koreans should release NA control and give it to us and maybe just maybe they can turn it around for the good of the company, but alas they do not care and i think youre an adena buyer or had lots and lots of gifts either way good for you nice way to skate youre way through what almost all of us have been through a game that has no rewards for endless hours of play

no reason to start flame wars guys...just wanted to know some stuff

• spiritk9spiritk9 Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by daetheven
    well mate the grind isnt the problem its ncsoft itself there customer support is laughable the game lacks devesity, only way to tell each other apart is the name and tag above youre head and they decide to add more faces later why would you support a game that has no concern about want you want for youre monthly fee, oh i wasnt a noob, i played stupified to the game to many prety pistures to amuse the child within but the adventure fighter wanted something it lacks, a pvp game with a penalty hmm odd , ive played alot of pvp games and few ive found that not 1 has such a strange way of saying sure you can kill but you cant use towns?????? and you get a new red name tag witch is stupid i think only way to tell if some one is a pker or not is if they kill you or not thats the fun part, oh and the lvl 4 exploit in game that has not been fixed since open beta( i.e. a caped char can de lvl to 4 with out loseing the powerfull caped skills) wich has cuased alot of nonsense, im all for well if u have what i want and i can kill you so give it, but im not for someone have the ability to one shot me due to some flaw in game and have customer support tell me " I do not understand youre problem petition closed" you now have 3 of 5 petitions left. and the game was not fun for me to get as high as i did in the game no good quests no good drop rates nothing about that game is as it should be the koreans should release NA control and give it to us and maybe just maybe they can turn it around for the good of the company, but alas they do not care and i think youre an adena buyer or had lots and lots of gifts either way good for you nice way to skate youre way through what almost all of us have been through a game that has no rewards for endless hours of play

MY god man....learn to use paragraphs! Puctuation! Proper spelling! Please tell me you're only 11 or 12, that's what it reads like.

Anyway, I played L2 for about 2 months, got my DE to level 34, had fancy banana suit and demon fangs +3 woop woop, and unsubscribed from the game, then deleted it from my hard drive. Why you ask....

Many reasons. Farming bots and the fact (IMO) that either the GMs are doing the botting and selling or they know who is and let them do it out of friendship, relationships, whatever. In any case, they do nothing about it.

The grind was absolutely horrible. BORING. It took 3 days or hard plaing to get from lvl 32 to 33, then a week to get from 33 to 34. Not my idea of fun at all. Forget it all together if you get Pk'ed. You get punished for getting killed by a moron set out to ruin your game. Way to go NCsoft.

Every time I leveled by 5, (as in level 25, 30, 35, etc) and could get new items I'd go grind for them then buy em. Wow. Fun lasts as long as it takes to get used to new armor. woop woop

Graphics were OK, that's what initially got me into L2 to begin with, but they got stale after 2 months. Too much damn gray.

The PK system (Note, I didn't say PvP did I) completely sucks. PvP is nice when both parties are into it, but some aren't, and some are but aren't at the moment....like when they are busy GRINDING. There is barely any RPing at all ont heir servers, so PKing is just friggin stupid in that game. They made arenas, conducted seiges for the castles, but didn't limit the PvP outside those places/times. Stupid.

Customer support sucked.

All their wafting on and on about C2 amounted to nothing. They are currently slobering over MINOR changes to the game.....how lame. Meanwhile, the zillion suggestions and complaints about the game to devs and mods were ALL ignored. Devs that are so egotistical that they can't recognize any idea outside their own heads as being good shouldn't be in the business in the first place.

My reccomendation would be to play the game if they ever offered a free trial, for the length of the free trial only. It'll only take that long to get bored with it anyway....2 weeks, maybe 1 month at the outside.

They are offering one month free, but you have to buy the software. Not worth the expenditure IMO. If you CAN get the software, it's worth at least one months play, after that you'll be bored sick.

How can anyone get addicted to grinding anyway? BLEH.

K-Mart merging with Sears?
    ----=== ROFL ===----

• nutButter123nutButter123 Member Posts: 105

LINEAGE 2

This game got very boring encreidibly quickley.
    Nothing but agoing around killing monsters with people who look like you in every aspect because of the charecter creation is really bad, the most choice you have is the race.
    I got to level 16 and wsa bored silly ::::06:: Nothing but going behind a cave or parting in a ruin and dieing::::15::.
    For leveling up to level 16 it was a monster, not only was it too hard too but i had to put in spare time, i had to quit my job at the chinese shop (well i was fired) but thats because of the game taking so long for me to get to that level 6 weeks i spent to only get an extra half on my levels 24 and no where to go but to kill noobs.::::21:: By this time i was sick of th game crashing. I made friends and annoyed some people but i was not influenced enough i felt as if i had no driving force in the game to do anything you had to choose what to do and get off a forsaken humen island.

I got too bored way to fast. I have a life that got shattered because of how many hours i would spend on this game. I recomend it to people who have no life or want to reck their life. CASUAL PLAYING WONT HELP!!!
    You have to be a boring ace player at all games to get into this games flow.

ty

ps this game has good graphic but it chrashes

::::27::
    pps this game has ALOT of traveling in it
    pps uhhhhhhh....... When people say i havent tried hard enough i laugh and say you spend 5 hours a day for 12 months (this does include the beta) and never get anywhere .

out.::::40::

Ballistic!

• saximsaxim Member Posts: 14
    Well i think that l2 doesn't have a such great background like WoW but it's still very funny to play because it does have some great mobs and unique monsters but sure every game has there own mobs but well how should i put it. It's a very challenging game.

//saxim

Originally posted by spiritk9

MY god man....learn to use paragraphs! Puctuation! Proper spelling! Please tell me you're only 11 or 12, that's what it reads like.

no i just suck at spelling and writeing to many head injureys anyway my point was made and you jsut proved my point ty

• spiritk9spiritk9 Member Posts: 11

MY god man....learn to use paragraphs! Puctuation! Proper spelling! Please tell me you're only 11 or 12, that's what it reads like.no i just suck at spelling and writeing to many head injureys anyway my point was made and you jsut proved my point ty

I agree with your assessment of your own writing skills, but what point was that you are talking about? Honestly, I couldn't make it through what you wrote. It's like my mind got out of breath reading that one run-on sentence.

Please be merciful with your longer posts and use some puctuation and paragraphs. Forget the bad spelling, I'll trade that for paragraphs any day. No brain injury I ever heard of causes you to write in run-on sentences Lol!

Boycott NCSoft products!
    ....and I don't shop at K-Mart either ;)

K-Mart merging with Sears?
    ----=== ROFL ===----

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

I were a big fan of L2, played the korean beta almost 24/7 and the korean retail for about 1-2 months until I got bored by the lack of any diversity at all.

Then when NA OB launched I said to myself, "This is it, Im going to stop playing Horizons and start powergaming Lineage 2", just because I stupidly fell into Horizons and it's lack of PvP.
    And why did I even start playing Horizons?
    Because my pre-love for it during development even though I discovered in Beta that the game had lost all expectations.

Back to Lineage 2. :D
    Or a :/ is more suiting in this case.

Well, there I was playing non-stop thru OB and continued playing retail until I hit lvl 43 (plainswalker) and slowly the game started to decay, the GM's never actually gave ANY support at all and often many of the GM's did not even know how communicate in English, they totaly ignored the farmers/botters that I reported and said that as long as they are subscribing to the game they can play and totaly denied the fact that their were farmers and botters.

So seeing that the game economy collapsed and the GM's were corrupted and NCsoft did not even do anything to cease this from further evolving I quitted.

Don't take me wrong, Lineage 2 is a great game despite the grinding and lack of diversity it has a "hardcore" feel PvP/PK style and the grinding makes it even more compelling and competative for a true powergamer.

But NCsoft should did very wrong when introducing it to the international market with their current state of incompetence.

I CREATED MYSELF!

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

no i just suck at spelling and writeing to many head injureys anyway my point was made and you jsut proved my point ty

I agree with your assessment of your own writing skills, but what point was that you are talking about? Honestly, I couldn't make it through what you wrote. It's like my mind got out of breath reading that one run-on sentence.

Please be merciful with your longer posts and use some puctuation and paragraphs. Forget the bad spelling, I'll trade that for paragraphs any day. No brain injury I ever heard of causes you to write in run-on sentences Lol!

Boycott NCSoft products!
    ....and I don't shop at K-Mart either ;)

here make it easy fer ya BOYCOT NCSOFT!!!!!!!imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by Sk8andgames
    lengthy response, read it all though.image
    darn, well thats a bummer...for a game that looks so great and was so anticipated....it sux.image guess i wont b buying it. sad since it has alot of potential but NCsoft, or the people who cause these problems, are just as happy with a small amount of players knowing people will spend the money on the disc and monthly fee. o well... sad to hear...and i really was excited about l2 the day it came outimagewant to c my real stats? tell SoE to fix em

i can tell you this game is fun, it is something you wont see in other games. It is the freedom, you can do whatever you want, unlike others game, your actions are restricted , in L2, it is Free for AL. dont trust too much on review.

• diablito123diablito123 Member Posts: 15
    LINEAGE 2 is one of the best game out there !    thats all i can say  Thank You !image

• nutButter123nutButter123 Member Posts: 105

Does MMORPG know about chronicle 2 :Age of splendor??

I checked the news page for it and there was nothing.
    Or even Chronicle 3:Rise of Darkness

I also Bashed the game about. Looking back at the piece, i was probably annoyed about how easy I got bored.

It has strengths but being in the mood i was in well.....::::12::

Ballistic!

• diablito123diablito123 Member Posts: 15
    true lol

• aleczapkaaleczapka Member Posts: 15

Well... I've been playing for 3 months this game.. and I can say I love it and hate it...

It's masterpiece when it comes to graphics, sounds, music, effects, models, mobs, gear, spells, landscapes.. etc.. all combined together creates very beautiful and detailed enviroment... this is something I like about it... but.. there is a big downside.

Lag, crushes, farmers, pkers, bots, + NCsoft which gives a shit, grid, redundancy (boredom) makes this game a real sucker...
    This game is everything about gear and money.

If you have money, you can get good gear which does make more difference that your skills.

The only way to get money is to farm - kill fast lots of low level mobs - e.g. to get 2,000,000 ardena you'd need to kill like 20.000 mobs.. thats freaking insane... Quests are unbalanced, not rewarding enough.. and give you no money to make a difference anyways.. not to mension morons who pk you just for fun and destroy last few hours (or days) of your hard work to lvl up.

I would quit this game after 1 month when I relized what is it about: beauty graphics with no depth inside. To summarize: the game is about killing mobs to get new skills, after which you can go and kill even more mobs.

In  3 months I made lvl35 cleric, lvl25 archer, lvl23 dark wizard and lvl10 dwarf... and its only because I got lucky and recived money from people who were quiting: in together it was 1.2 mil - otherwise I would never be able to get some descent (not top) gear.

Not to mension that to craft something takes weeks, if not months, to gather the materials for it and lots of money. On some servers prices for materials are so high (cause of rare drops) that is cheaper to buy a gear in the shop than to craft it!

The only reason I'm still playing this game is that WoW Europe has not been released yet.. so I just wait till the begginng of next year and I quit...

My advice: forget this game, it's 90% hard work (which means redundantly killing mobs all over again) and 10% fun. Not worth your money, your time and your life.

Get WoW its 10% hard work, 90% fun.  True - WoW looks like crap compared to L2 but you'll forget the graphics after first lvl... gameplay is simply awesome.

Something apparently L2 will never have.