Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who else is having fun in DFO tonight?

IzureIzure Member Posts: 518

WW2 COMING, lets do this.

Cotc and dusk getting pushed into a corner. The server got fed up with their 3000+ nutcup, and are about to face the true power of this fully operational server.

Hopefully it wont crash, I love the smell of fire magic smoke in the morning.

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

i have unsuccessfully been trying to not post anything related to the game anymore.

At least i stopped doing it on the darkfall site.

But I come here to read something competely different and get sucked in again.

I really have a dislike for the gaming comunity in general and forums just fuel it.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• IzureIzure Member Posts: 518

Wtf are you talking about now sean?

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by Izure

Yeah, I'm completely lost, too.

I thought this was a PVP game, and they were just conversing like players who kill and loot eachother. /shrug.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Synthetick

I thought this was a PVP game, and they were just conversing like players who kill and loot eachother. /shrug.

Actually they were at least rather entertaining. Most people in PvP game is more like I Will PWN U NOOB. I dont mind having people like this in the same community like me. People talking like they are 6 years old, cursing or crying for someone don't like the same game as they, no but these guys at least have some humor.

Maybe a bit too much WWF online but still, entertaining.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Pfft. Love taps. These guys haven't even starting rolling out the insults yet. That's what gives the PvP community a bad rep - the foul mouthed, temper tantrum 10 year-olds. These two sound like they're sitting at a table, facing each other, sipping cups of tea while playfully taunting each other.

Well, I'm sure not all the members of either alliance are as...well-mannered...as these two.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

NO! Darkfall online is not and was never intended to be a PvP mostly focused game.

In the FAQ's it actually states that in slightly, but still as clearly, words.

The community went ape when someone (maybe AV) used the word "hard core pvp" which is when things got completely and totally out of control.

If this game is "mostly" anything its mostly empire building which is not realistically possible without a PvP system to have ORGANIZED warfare.

In short, this is NOT nor was it meant to Guild Wars 2.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Cotc and dusk getting pushed into a corner. The server got fed up with their 3000+ nutcup, and are about to face the true power of this fully operational server.

Darkfall is like an old internet warboard... where adolecent kids just talk "smack" to each other until highschool testosterone and nerd rage boils over...  and they have to prove how badass and correct they are. By getting their classmates, co workers, friends to prove the other guy wrong by owning them inside a video game.  (pew pew)

90% of Darkfall takes place outside of Darkfall...  the game sucks, but the physiological need is strong.  You children have so a strong need to be heard and to be correct, it's laughable!

That^^ is why Darkfall has flopped so badly, because most adults have passed this stage of their life and don't have the need to show everyone they are'nt a child. It's the same reason there is still 7k emotional enraged and disturbed people still playing Darkfall, which is clearly one of the worst MMORPG to ever be developed.

Yet, they are still trying to prove something. (IE: The OP)

It's absolutly humorous to witness... specially Xipher's posts about schoolground arguements, which he likes to label "politics".

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by Phelcher

Darkfall is like an old internet warboard... where adolecent kids just talk "smack" to each other until highschool testosterone and nerd rage boils over...  and they have to prove how badass and correct they are. By getting their classmates, co workers, friends to prove the other guy wrong by owning them inside a video game.  (pew pew)

90% of Darkfall takes place outside of Darkfall...  the game sucks, but the physiological need is strong.  You children have so a strong need to be heard and to be correct, it's laughable!

That^^ is why Darkfall has flopped so badly, because most adults have passed this stage of their life and don't have the need to show everyone they are'nt a child. It's the same reason there is still 7k emotional enraged and disturbed people still playing Darkfall, which is clearly one of the worst MMORPG to ever be developed.

It's absolutly humorous to witness... specially Xipher's posts about schoolground arguements, which he likes to label "politics".

The game is heavily built upon in-game politics, regardless of how they are handled. I see no problem with the OP, at all. Your reply was pretty redundant. It's a heavily focused PVP game, with PVP being the main core right now, and you aren't supposed to talk about the ingame events between the clans going on?

I don't have anything to prove. And I don't play with anybody I know. I enjoy the PVP aspect of MMOs very much, but it's not because I have anything to prove. I enjoy griefing (in some games), or just to see who is better. It has nothing to do with anyone feeling correct or anything, I mean really, the majority of your reply was just rambling, there was no substance to it at all.

Adults can enjoy a full-out PVP game as much as the next person. But making a reply dedicated to solely speaking to someone in a condescending fashion doesn't make you look very much more mature than the people you're complaining about. Which is another thing, what exactly was that reply even directed at? It's a PVP event, sieges, you're looting and destroying what another clan has been building up, are they supposed to be friendly about it and best friends? No, it's in the spirit of the game.

I mean hell, the OP wasn't trying to prove anything, how could you even get that? He was basically asking if anyone else was excited about the massive PVP about to go down. Then he stated what clans/alliances were going to be attacked, the fact that they were pushed in the corner, and the fact that they were/are about to get attacked by a massive force. I mean, that is the entire OP in a nutshell, and you think he's trying to prove something?

What you said isn't the reason Darkfall is in the situation it's in, and the fact that you think that is pretty boggling considering the major issues that obviously put Darkfall where it's at. Go spew your nonsense elsewhere and quit generalizing and stereotyping an entire playerbase because you don't like killing other players. 

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563

This is the internetz, I can sound like either a retard or a nerd.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by Phelcher

The game is heavily built upon in-game politics, regardless of how they are handled. I see no problem with the OP, at all. Your reply was pretty redundant. It's a heavily focused PVP game, with PVP being the main core right now, and you aren't supposed to talk about the ingame events between the clans going on?

I don't have anything to prove. And I don't play with anybody I know. I enjoy the PVP aspect of MMOs very much, but it's not because I have anything to prove. I enjoy griefing (in some games), or just to see who is better. It has nothing to do with anyone feeling correct or anything, I mean really, the majority of your reply was just rambling, there was no substance to it at all.

Adults can enjoy a full-out PVP game as much as the next person. But making a reply dedicated to solely speaking to someone in a condescending fashion doesn't make you look very much more mature than the people you're complaining about. Which is another thing, what exactly was that reply even directed at? It's a PVP event, sieges, you're looting and destroying what another clan has been building up, are they supposed to be friendly about it and best friends? No, it's in the spirit of the game.

I mean hell, the OP wasn't trying to prove anything, how could you even get that? He was basically asking if anyone else was excited about the massive PVP about to go down. Then he stated what clans/alliances were going to be attacked, the fact that they were pushed in the corner, and the fact that they were/are about to get attacked by a massive force. I mean, that is the entire OP in a nutshell, and you think he's trying to prove something?

What you said isn't the reason Darkfall is in the situation it's in, and the fact that you think that is pretty boggling considering the major issues that obviously put Darkfall where it's at. Go spew your nonsense elsewhere and quit generalizing and stereotyping an entire playerbase because you don't like killing other players. 

LOL..

The game wasn't built upon in-game politics. (Rotflmao)  It's just that the game is so pointless you people had to make up a reason to keep attacking each other. So you started all this jaw jacking and fuel your fights with emotion...  so there is satifaction in what you are doing. The game is secondary to the actual fun you receive from the game...   as it is the smack-talk and argueing that you guys like. Darkfall is just a vessel.

That is why you overlook the boring and repetitive combat and the vast amount of flaws...  because you could of easily of been playing any game, just as long as it has 7k like-individuals that are all 14~21 and who TALK smack..!

As for the OP getting excited about the "massive PvP thats about to go down" just proves my point. The battles are meaningless... so you have to hype, bolster, entice, boast and spew bravado beforehand, so that it DOES have meaning.

Without the hype, what value would the 3 hour battle have to any of you..?  What does your character gain afterwards? You continue to play Darkfall, because it fill an emotional need! 

Lord of the Flies <----

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• SholShol Member Posts: 361

Its a damn pvp game and luckily the battles are meaningless. I think the OP was perfectly fine with his post. 

Not sure if adults would lol and rotflmao...

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346

call Keanu Reeves to help u...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by Shol

Its a damn pvp game and luckily the battles are meaningless.

There is more meaning in DF's pvp then in most of MMORPGs on the market.

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

It has more meaning than that LoTRO monster pvp bull.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

/Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.