Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling

Is ant out there on Level 30 or higher, and if so how long did it take you to get to level.

Kujata
San d'Oria
Level 8 Warrior
Level 8 Red Mage

Brena (Alexander)
San d'Oria

Level 52 Red Mage
Level 44 Dragoon
Level 40 Samurai

Comments

• stsestse Member Posts: 34

It really depends on how often you play. I can gain around 2-3 levels per day. This also depends on the party that you are in. I personally like to stick with the same people I play with usually. But I would say around 3 weeks would be a good bet on an average time to get to lvl 30 or higher. But please note that after lvl 30, things slow down even more for experience gaining. There isn't any change in max exp you can get per fight, but it just that you have more and more exp that you have to gain in order to level.

Be patient. That is my advice. It maybe frsutrating at times, but you will get there.

It's not a bug in the software, it's a feature =).

• TaruboyTaruboy Member Posts: 84

Im have a few over 40 now and i still can get 2-3 lvls a day but im hurt or sick most of the time

---------------------------------------
    Sylph
    48mnk 43sam 40thf 35war 34whm
    30rdm 30blm 25bst

---------------------------------------

• Cyris_LordCyris_Lord Member Posts: 101
    I was wondering, cause i've been playing for a couple of weeks and i have two level 8 class and was wondering if leveling that slow was normal.

Kujata
    San d'Oria
    Level 8 Warrior
    Level 8 Red Mage

Brena (Alexander)
    San d'Oria

Level 52 Red Mage
    Level 44 Dragoon
    Level 40 Samurai

• stsestse Member Posts: 34

If you are playing two difference classes (jobs), then that seems normal. Depends on the amount of hours that you are spending per day. Recently, I have only played 2 hours a day, and I still manage to get around 1 level a day. You may be finding it slow because you are soloing right now. Soloing is really slow as you need to fight once, rest 3 minutes before you can fight again. Therefore, the leveling seems slower. Mind you, this also occurs on higher levels when you have parties as well. If the mages can coordinate well and know how to conserve MP, there will be a lot of down time.

The best is to try to minize the downtime. Use Meat Mithkabobs when you level solo. They really help with Melee classes as it increases your strength by a lot. They aren't too expensive for a stack as well. If you do that, you should be able to kill faster and have shorter downtimes. You maybe quite happy with the results.

Also, slow is one thing FFXI is known for. The leveling overall compared to other MMORPG's in the beginning are slower. So give it some time. What you might want to do is some quests that you can do around the city or do some conquest related quests too. That may be able to fill some of the time when leveling.

• Cyris_LordCyris_Lord Member Posts: 101
    I thought maybe it was how i was playing, thanks for your answers.  everyone complained how it was boring because it took to long to level up and play.  i am also soloing a lot more than i am in a party with people, and we tend to only have a white mage for support with we have a couple of warriors and monks to help out, but the exp distabution <sorry if i spelled that wrong> is really bad since if i am in a party with another person, onely one person, then i get 12 exp and he gets 12 exp when i can get 50 exp when i kill the same monster alone.

Kujata
    San d'Oria
    Level 8 Warrior
    Level 8 Red Mage

Brena (Alexander)
    San d'Oria

Level 52 Red Mage
    Level 44 Dragoon
    Level 40 Samurai