Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC Expansion?

2»

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Aw, come on. AO is still one of the best sci-fi MMOs released, even today. It's just too old and unfortunately I don't foresee the addition of the graphics engine revamp any time soon.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

What is sad is that the art direction in AoC was almost flawless. The look and feel of the game is one of the best ever in a mmo. The worst part of Age of Conan is the PR sucked.

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Krewel

Well, Crashloop, if you can read between the lines, you'd know that they kind of "forgot" about the whole expansion, since they are intelligent enough to realize the current game needs lots of fixing, so they rather focus their PR on Trial and 1.5 right now. But at the beginning they were quite happily announcing the Khitai expansion at Leipzig, even showing some samurai poster and giving some far-fetched ideas about what the expansion will contain.

You would say they "forgot" I would say they did it on purpose. They realised how much hate and flames even just mentioning the expansion or the fact they were working on one caused. And yeah funcom did market the expansion on Leipzig, but is it really that bad of them to give the community a idea about what the expansion will be about? It would imo be worse if they didn't do anything to keep the mmo players up to date on what to expect from the expansion, because everyone expects it to come.

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Draccan

It is obvious to me, that Funcom has decided to put their old games on the backburner.
    They would have fixed the issues with AoC a long time ago if they had wanted to. It doesn't require as much as creating the whole game originally. Now most of Funcom is working on The Secret World.
    According to latest financial report they still have a pretty big amount of developers working on AoC, it's less then what it was pre launch which is quite normal for a MMO. So if you sit on any other information to back this up with I'll say your lying. ;)
    Funcom realized with AoC that they can make a LOT of money on box sales by over-hyping their games. I expect them to do the exact same thing with TSW.
    There will be no major improvements to AoC (nor AO). They will direct the company towards TSW.
    Also I would question their funding. My feeling is that they will run out of money with TSW also and hype it and release it in exactly the same way as AoC.
     TSW mmight just get hyped up,  it will most likely be released early too. Not one MMO lately has been released when it was finished. The reason for releasing AoC early wasn't that funcom wanted to make money, because they know just as well as any company that isn't the way to make money. Specially not since you are a company that people can sell and buy stocks in. From what I have heard from people working in the game publishing industry Eidos was quite involved with being a larger part of the reason for the game being released early.
    What is sad is that the art direction in AoC was almost flawless. The look and feel of the game is one of the best ever in a mmo. The worst part of Age of Conan is the company itself. The PR sucked. All those lies and manipulations... and the constant... "this is a lush and brutal game... this is a lush and brutal game..." blah..

So NO to an expansion. Expect TSW to launch next year under pressure instead... and it will be the beginning of the end for Funcom...
     people have said funcom will end for soon a year now, I guess one day or year it might be true :P

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom