Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whoah.. Chronicle 2 looks great.

jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

Looks like they're really doing alot to try and get this game on track.. I may come back and see how things are after this chronicle.. was going to wait for Chronicle 3, but this update looks fantastic. SoE would charge $50 extra for this update heh.

http://www.lineage2.com/news/chronicle2_01.html

Comments

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

ya it actually got me considering renewing my L2 account T_T...

Swim animations

Mini games

Under water exploration

New character customization options

New Weapons/Armor and new meshes for existing ones

Tons of new places to explore

Striders...

... image

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - City of Heroes.
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^

I also answer to "Peeler", "BigPeeler-RMX", "BiggerPeeler", BiggiePeels", "BP" and "Snake". Yes, I rather like "Snake"...

By the way. For future Reference, i do NOT have stairs in my house.

"Leave me here in my stark, raving, sick, sad little world!"

--------------------------------------

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

Not going to resubscribe for this one since the bots still seem to a big issue, but at least it's good to see a company that's actually doing something about their game.. rather than a company just saying they will do something about their game like I saw in SWG.

• archonfuryarchonfury Member Posts: 139

Too bad the shit they said was suppose to come out in C1 didn't. I'm talking about buying C/B grade stuff in the stores. Buying the brigandine helmet in stores. Too bad they nerfed teh damn bows. Too bad they made SS take up weight. Those were the simple reasons I and my 2 friends quit.

Good times and bad times on that game. Will surely remember them for a long time.

>B=()
    >8()

>B=()
    >8()

• OudoksujaOudoksuja Member Posts: 106

So.. In a game with no content, they add more meshes, effects? Considering the game is nothing but a repetitive xp grind, they add new monsters to kill?

Well, they certainly know how to reduce their scope and vision to match their audience.

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

Originally posted by Oudoksuja

So.. In a game with no content, they add more meshes, effects? Considering the game is nothing but a repetitive xp grind, they add new monsters to kill?
    Well, they certainly know how to reduce their scope and vision to match their audience.

maybe you should read the patch-notes before posting... C2 is bassically an update catered to the casual gamers with things like mini-games and such... bassically a large part of C2 is trying to lighten the grind...

god i love when people talk about something they know nothing about...

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - City of Heroes.
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^

I also answer to "Peeler", "BigPeeler-RMX", "BiggerPeeler", BiggiePeels", "BP" and "Snake". Yes, I rather like "Snake"...

By the way. For future Reference, i do NOT have stairs in my house.

"Leave me here in my stark, raving, sick, sad little world!"

--------------------------------------

Originally posted by Oudoksuja
    So.. In a game with no content, they add more meshes, effects? Considering the game is nothing but a repetitive xp grind, they add new monsters to kill?Well, they certainly know how to reduce their scope and vision to match their audience.

*shrug* read about the chronicle on the site.. they're adding quite a few new zones, monsters, quests etc. in addition to more meshes and effects. Not saying it will turn the game into ThE L33tEsT MmOrPg ever, but they are at least trying.

• VanchauVanchau Member UncommonPosts: 19

And trying is all it takes to get new members. I am currently playing L2, and its pretty fun, I think Chronicle 2 will be a very good add on.

::Game Played::
    Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Lineage 2, Ragnarok Online, Maple Story, Mabinogi, & Final Fantasy 11.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

aye, I would probably consider coming back also..

but I maxed out karma on my main before i left

so nevermind

lolimage

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

I would play again, but im getting my new computer in December so I will play EQ2 instead.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by jd269
    Not going to resubscribe for this one since the bots still seem to a big issue, but at least it's good to see a company that's actually doing something about their game.. rather than a company just saying they will do something about their game like I saw in SWG.

you got no idea what you are talking about. You got no idea the reason for C1 and c12. Bots?? SWG got most bots for good sake, but bots are allow in SWG.

• silentlinesilentline Member Posts: 13

chronicle 2 almost made me play lineage 2 again

but then i remember all the botters and cheaters

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by silentline
    chronicle 2 almost made me play lineage 2 again
    but then i remember all the botters and cheaters

which game does not have cheater? even wow is so new already got cheaters.

Actually the SWG devs had actually made a plan to remove recursive macros, then removed it from test due to complaints, and away from keyboard macroing is actually against their EULA. Doc bots, Dancer bots, crafter bots aren't a big deal, it's the combat farming bots that suck. Not many of those in SWG.

Also, saying "this game has less bots than SWG" isn't much of a positive.

PS. Blizzard also banned 300+ accounts for botting already.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by jd269

Actually the SWG devs had actually made a plan to remove recursive macros, then removed it from test due to complaints, and away from keyboard macroing is actually against their EULA. Doc bots, Dancer bots, crafter bots aren't a big deal, it's the combat farming bots that suck. Not many of those in SWG.
    Also, saying "this game has less bots than SWG" isn't much of a positive.
    PS. Blizzard also banned 300+ accounts for botting already.

Uh-huh, yeah your wrong about the combat bot thing.  I play SWG or should I say Jedi Galaxie, since everyone can be a Jedi now, off and on since it was released.  It has steadily gotten worse.  I see afk Jedi bots alot, at least as much as I have seen bots in L2 (recently, when first released it was horrible).  And if SWG did ban 300 acounts for bottiing (which I highly doupt) they need to ban about 900 more to make a difference.  And they can start with the AFk lag producing morons hawking their wares in Coronet.  I know it is leagal, but they should ban em any way.

Also, chron 2 did add alot of content for the casual gamer.  Like someone said, it may not be a whole lot, buty it is a start.  If nothing esle NC soft LISTENS to their player base, and at least makes an attempt to make people happy.  Not perfect, but making strides.

As far as looks go, L2 blows anything I have seen to date out of the water.  completely.  The new skins look awesome.

Any way, my couple cent.

-Hate

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• HurtmeplentyHurtmeplenty Member Posts: 26

you forget one thing not everyone in swg is jedi/darkjedi. I am not a jedi and I do not plan on becoming one either.image

Anyways back on L2 topic ive hear the new chapter renders my hint book over chapter 1 useless is this true?image