Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9 year old boy gets shot by a shotgun after fight over video games.

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

kotaku.com/5285481/video-game-argument-ends-in-accidental-death

A brother argument over video games has ended in death when an 11-year-old Mississippi boy accidentally shot his 9-year-old brother in the chest with a shotgun.

According to Marshall County Sheriff Kenny Dickerson, "The younger brother allegedly got mad because he got beat at some video games and got the gun." The father was outside mowing the lawn at the time.

The older brother, De-Andre Finley, admitted the weapon automatically went off when the two tussled over it. The story coincides with police investigations which have stated the weapon was too long and too heavy for the young boy to fire. "That version we can live with because it's consistent with the evidence," the police added.

It is unlikely that De-Andre will be charged, stated police. He is under 13-years-old, and the entire incident "appeared to be an accident anyway".

Comments

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

What's the bet that everyone will blame videogames and not the dumbass parents who can't keep their firearms locked away properly?

Also isn't it kind of weird for a child to grab a gun during an argument, I mean what did he think he was going to do with it?

O_o o_O

• utamaruutamaru Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

What's the bet that everyone will blame videogames and not the dumbass parents who can't keep their firearms locked away properly?

I absolutely have the same thoughts. Why are guns so accessible to children? The stupid thing is, sometimes people (especially the older ones) tend to blame the games for the executed violent acts that they forget that it's the parents responsibility to keep their kids' thoughts at the right track, and it's their responsibility to store the firearms in a safe location.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Look, after the time of picking up / pulling out and AIMING a big shogtun by the hands of an 11 year old, I wouldn't call it accident. Blame the parents for having a Shotgun laying around.

EDIT

Not only that I'm watching Tyler Perry's House of Payne and they are talking about this type of situation. "Having a gun is not a video game, you just can't "Start Over" boy. You could have killed someone or yourself!"

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

I wonder if the father will continue to keep firearms around the house now after this tragedy.

He kept it so no one would harm his family, but apparently he was his own worst enemy in this tragic irony.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by popinjay

I wonder if the father will continue to keep firearms around the house now after this tragedy.

I would think (hope) that his license to have weapons is revoked after this.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Waterlily
    Originally posted by popinjay I wonder if the father will continue to keep firearms around the house now after this tragedy.

I would think (hope) that his license to have weapons is revoked after this.

Assuming he had a license in the first place. He could have had one of the many illegal ones that slip through the cracks due to widespread availability and gun thefts from "legit" owners.

And further assuming he's not a "gun enthusiast" who just can't live without his God given right to shoot plates and empty beer cans.

Some idiots can go through something this tragic, and still not change their dangerous habits.

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

lol, you guys say it is the parents fault for not properly securing the weapon. Lets say there was no shotgun in this household. He would have still gone for a weapon like a knife. Also everyone knows that if there is a will there is a way. It is just stupidity in children.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

Tragic story.

I'm curious why 9 and 11 year olds were playing video games while the father mowed the lawn. That doesn't sound like my house growing up.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Shitty parents for leaving guns out where kid's can get them.

• eight675309eight675309 Member Posts: 246

Some of you guys need to learn how to read. The 11 year old did not get the gun, the 9 year old did.

And I knew how to shoot and even had my own .410(small shotgun) at 12 years old. But ya, a 9 year old should not have easy access to a firearm.