Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My time in AoC.

2»

Comments

• croemarcroemar Member Posts: 53
    I believe AoC has 500k subscribers. It's just that they haven't subscribed yet. I believe AoC is a big world. It's just that only a fraction has been coded so far. I believe Funcom has great costumer support. It's just that they haven't hired the good ones yet.
  • GurtelroseGurtelrose Member Posts: 191

I remember the first quest when you wake up on the beach is to free a slave girl chained to some stonework. She's glowing like a saint because that was one of the dumb things Funcom did. Much of the time NPCs in the sun would glow all to hell so you could hardly see them if you clicked on them to talk.

Also most of the male quest NPCS were huge, like eight feet tall or more and broad as a barn. It was just idiotic like the rest.

Spoils of War - The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.

• ackmhedackmhed Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Unfinished

Even buggy and broken everyone loved the begining.
    it was 30, 60, 90 days latter that everyone got bored / frustrated and left. Even the people who crawled to the level cap at a snail's pace are now leaving as well.
    Enjoy it while it's fresh and fun. And do yourself a huge favor and shop around when buying the retail box, you can find it for $5 in a lot of places (and the supposedly sold out limited issue Collector's Edition can still be found for $10), also Game Time Cards can be found for 50% of their face value and lower.

Very few loved the begining. In fact, for experienced MMO players, the bugs and poor performance were not even an issue. The biggest issue with AoC is that it's heart it is simply not a very good game. The combat system has more flaws than virtues, the game is extremely over-instanced, the crafting system is rubbish, the huge siege battles are a joke, the end-game is very limited, and the list could go on.

If a game is good, unfinished content and a few bugs will not lead to the mass exodus of players that AoC had in the first 3 months.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by Gurtelrose

I remember the first quest when you wake up on the beach is to free a slave girl chained to some stonework. She's glowing like a saint because that was one of the dumb things Funcom did. Much of the time NPCs in the sun would glow all to hell so you could hardly see them if you clicked on them to talk.
    Also most of the male quest NPCS were huge, like eight feet tall or more and broad as a barn. It was just idiotic like the rest.

Ever read any of the Conan stories?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Oh yeah the game is definitly a 10 of 10, that is probably why Funcom is redesigning core game play with patch 1.05. I guess the Devs all got together and  said to each other  " darn the game is too good  and that is why most people never get past their first month so we better make it worse so they will play longer".

I miss DAoC

• krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

The trial isn't enough time to rate the game a 10.  If you want to rate the trial a ten or level 1-10 that's fine, but if you buy the game and play for a good 30-60 days you'll lower your score.

No doubt the game has some of the most amazing graphics to date, but many companies could ramp up the graphics if they used as much zoning as AoC does.  Zones allow them to cluster each map seperatly giving them the needed space to load the detailed textures.

Get higher in level and you'll see a very lacking crafting system, extremly week dungeon PvE content, and an overall lack of things to do at higher levels.  This is a game that can draw you in very easy at first with a neat combat system, but what seems to be a unique and cool approach to combat becomes annoying later on.

I give the game a 7.4, and Funcom needs to be careful because they may drive their current player base away with drastic changes like SoE did to SWG.

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

• Zandora2018Zandora2018 Member Posts: 240

I have played AoC for well over a year. The game looks great. The fighting is great. No 1 mouse clicking and getting a kill. You really do need to think. The endgame is ok. Been done with Wing 1 and 2 before i gave it up. What got me feed up was all the changes to the classes for PvP. I rolled on a PvE server and had 3 toons to lvl 80 , Guard, PoM, ToS . all have been changed JUST for PVP !!! What would have kept me in the game is if they did these changes on a PVP server !! not my PvE !! . So will i come back after patch 1.05 ? I will dap in it for a week or so and see what other chages they made. Like all Fighter classes being able to wear full plate =(. See how bad the gem nerf is ...... ect. One can only hope. And no am not a hardcore PVP player thats why i rolled on a PvE server. PVP go play DFO or EVE .

Played Aoc/DDO/FFXI/WAR / LoTRo / CO / Aion
    Playing Rift

Waiting for FFXIV to be the game it should. so sad =(

• krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

Yeah I failed to metion that it annoyed the heck out of me when the play style and skills of my class would majorly change every two weeks it seemed.  It made it so annoying to gear my character and play style . . . only to be changed in the near future.

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

AoC has shaped up alot over the year. Now I dont think that it is a game so much for old launch players to return to, but probley truly a good mmo for new players that like pvp/pve mixed games.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."