Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newcomer.. err well used to play

love4thedrinlove4thedrin Member Posts: 4

Hey guys, I bought this game on day 1 (thought it was going to be really good, but the grind killed me plus some of the nagging features and no one to play it with made me stop).  I see that it now is free to play with a shop... what else has changed?  I know there is now a super weapon (from reading on the forums here), but is that the only difference since then?   Can anyone recommend a server that I could play on new and sitll have people to play with (as an Accretian)?   Thanks for the help!

Comments

• waruigaijinwaruigaijin Member Posts: 5

Well any server is fine. Alot of small things have changed. I would jsay the first thing to do is try joining a strong guild and going from there. Unguilded players in rf are allways pked. Remember rf is the game ppl can be godly  truly untouchable sooo, you weill get ganked a few time leveling.

• cutiecheskacutiecheska Member Posts: 8

But when you get the hanged of it. You will playing this one. I love the pvp system here. and in this game when you call for back up it will definitely come. ^_^

• catfudcatfud Member Posts: 135

I love the PVP in this game, probably the best PVP I've played in any MMO. It can be a little frustrating getting ganked when you are trying to lvl but you get to return the favour once you have a few levels behind you. I once had five coras chase me down, I was running for my life until I realised I was much stronger than them. I turned around and chopped them all up in a few hits each. It was very satisfying.

------------------------------------------------
    Founder of The Divine Council of Pyr
    MMO: Ryzom - RF Online
    Ryzom FREE Trial: PLAY NOW!!! - The must play MMO!

• havok527havok527 Member Posts: 80

I only played the beta, and the repetitive grind and bland gameplay turned me off. Has the game changed since then?

• catfudcatfud Member Posts: 135

It really depends on what level you got to, the gameplay changes dramatically from 40 - 45 upwards. There has been loads of changes and updates since beta to make the gameplay less annoying (auto potting, thank god!). Also in this version you get Returnee weapons from the word go. The only requirement is to be lvl 1 and they basically have the stats of a lvl 40 weapon. This helps you quickly get through the first 40 lvls or so which are well... a pretty bland part of the game. Id suggest giving the game another spin and see how you like. Its free to play so you wont be wasting any dime if its still not the game for you.

Founder of The Divine Council of Pyr
    MMO: Ryzom - RF Online
    Ryzom FREE Trial: PLAY NOW!!! - The must play MMO!