Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Website too heavy on flash animations.

DaedrickDaedrick Member Posts: 168

I dont know if Im alone, but I get really bad performance on your website and your website only. I believe its because of the flash animations which are EVERYWHERE, and constantly running. It seriusly slow down my computer. Thing is, I can run CRYSIS and STALKER: shadow of chernobyl at medium-high. But your website.... completly slow me down. Im not sure if its that, but I find it logical.

Halp?

-------------------------------------

Before: developers loved games and made money.

Now: developers love money and make games.

Comments

• DemordeDemorde Member Posts: 3

Seconded indeed. Not that it'll change, revenue wins all in the end. 

• DaedrickDaedrick Member Posts: 168

Oh cool, so Im not alone. Well, they dont need their adds animated, seriusly. But yeah, kinda sad that actions wont be taken.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

i remember trying to load this site on Dialup...it was horrible.

Yeah i think they need to tone down on the flash animations just a bit.  This site easily trumps every other site i go to in bandwidth use and flash animations.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• DaedrickDaedrick Member Posts: 168

Its retarded because, they can still advert even if their adverts are not animated. There is no need for that many animations everywhere...

You know, we will get the message anyway even if your advertising is static.

sigh

• madjakemadjake Member UncommonPosts: 233

I'm not arguing against your performance issues, however, this is a business for them and they can probably assume a lot about the majority of their users; fast internet connections and decent to good hardware.

Something to keep in mind with the flash plugin, performance varies depending on browser and browser version. You may already be up to date on all of these but it may help to ensure the flash plugin is up-to-date as well as your browser.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

You probably should be looking into an upgrade if this website is bogging you down.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

I had similar problems with this site last year.  If you use Firefox I suggest using Flashblock. 

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

I found the thread of my problem http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1582086#1582086

That was in 07