Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huxley goes free to play

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

[quote]Looks like the first microtransaction supported title for hardcore gamers[/quote]

I do not understand that... 

I see nothing hardcore about this game, it seemslike a quakefest mmo at this point.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

The game looks great, it will be interesting to see how it turns out with the microtransactions.  As long as it doesn't get out of control and players can't buy themselves a BFG-9000, I think it could be good.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I think an ijji microtransaction model ontop of a game like Huxley will kill its gameplay.  Although a monthly fee model would hurt an FPS based multiplayer game, its alot better then the service ijji will give it.  I think we will see one of the worst massacres of a great game with Huxley by the support of ijji.  Probably worse then the services K2 has offered.

Its a bit sad to see nhn/ijji host this game.  They won't respect the title.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by Cleffy

I think an ijji microtransaction model ontop of a game like Huxley will kill its gameplay.  Although a monthly fee model would hurt an FPS based multiplayer game, its alot better then the service ijji will give it.  I think we will see one of the worst massacres of a great game with Huxley by the support of ijji.  Probably worse then the services K2 has offered.

Isn't ijji the ones in charge of Voyage Century? If so, i agree with you.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

ugh...

I was hoping it was going to be like guild wars...

buy the game, pay it for free kinda thing...

this is just disappointing.

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

Welp, there went my interest.

• socrates656socrates656 Member Posts: 142

Man, this game sucks fucking donkey sweaty nuttsack just like the rest of the shitty games ive beta tested this year. It amazes me how gamers now a days are so comfortable with such simplistic MMO's now. I don't know weather it's the developers or the gamers themselfs that are completly ignorant/blind to this.

Flame Away FanBois

• Echelon78Echelon78 Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Your thinking of IGG

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by Echelon78

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Your thinking of IGG

Ah, so I was. Thank you.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by socrates656

Man, this game sucks fucking donkey sweaty nuttsack just like the rest of the shitty games ive beta tested this year. It amazes me how gamers now a days are so comfortable with such simplistic MMO's now. I don't know weather it's the developers or the gamers themselfs that are completly ignorant/blind to this.

Flame Away FanBois

This game doesn't have fanbois; go rage in the Darkfall forums if you want to start an argument. Though I'd suggest you improve your spelling/grammar before heading over there...they'll pick you apart before your rage can even be read.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

This will most likely be the best free to play shooter out there. I played the korean beta and it was more then capable of commanding a monthly subscription, so making it free to play is a great thing. Ill definatly download it and play it every now and then.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Same here :)

Im in Huxley beta atm and i will definitly keep this game. Its fun.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363

It's a FPS with added lobby which you can walk around in

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Plus the RPG elements ;) Some ppl dont care but if i dont have that its plain boring to me. Shooting stuff just for the heck of it gets boring realy fast. But when i get loot, xp, some pve fun with friends and pve lobby. Thats a difrent story. Hey this game is even for free ! You cant have more than that ;)

Anyway. All i want this i want that aside. Game feels fun for me and im certian it will be fun for good deal of ppl put there that where looking for game like this. All the other ppl can stick to the UT3, TF2, CS COD4 and more. None of thouse titles attracts any of my attention after im done with solo part + a few fights in multi.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Khebeln

Plus the RPG elements ;) Some ppl dont care but if i dont have that its plain boring to me. Shooting stuff just for the heck of it gets boring realy fast. But when i get loot, xp, some pve fun with friends and pve lobby. Thats a difrent story. Hey this game is even for free ! You cant have more than that ;)
    Anyway. All i want this i want that aside. Game feels fun for me and im certian it will be fun for good deal of ppl put there that where looking for game like this. All the other ppl can stick to the UT3, TF2, CS COD4 and more. None of thouse titles attracts any of my attention after im done with solo part + a few fights in multi.

I have been reading a few threads and I have to agree with all of Khebeln post. This will be a good game. Right now its buggy as hell and unstable but once they fix all this and I hope they do I see this game being one of the best FTP choices out there. Its not a real MMO but its a FPS with RPG / MMO elements  and thats something thats makes it unique. I cant wait to see how the game is when they fully open of the entire game.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I may have to agree with you on this.Huxley has been messed around with for quite some time,and never really took off.I guess the problem for Asian MMO's is they are too much geared to just good looking weapons,good looking armor,and a kill kill kill theme.I think MOST NA's want more in the way of content and at least a few new ideas to warrant anyone playing the game.

The feeling i got was a Quake/unreal Tourny type game ,but  i feel it may be even less in depth than that as far as an MMO is concerned.It seems this will be nothing more than a PVP game that will truly be ruined by microtranactions that will make some players far better than others.

I am of course just guessing,but i expect Microtransactions to offer

damage increase

defense increase

auto raise on death

speed increase

healing pots

max health and magic items

special gear that offers increased stats

probably a few more like  transportation/mounts,they may even break it down further into melee dmg boosts and ranged dmg boosts,melee def boosts and magic defense boosts.Soooooooooooo in other words,you could easily spend more than a regular subscription,witch is what these type of games bank on.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Ugh I would rather pay a monthly fee than to have Microtransactions :P.well we will just have to see what happens.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Depends how they handle the microtransactions and whether you can compete without paying them.  If  not paying them just turns you into cannon fodder for those who do then I'll lose interest fast but right now I've enjoyed the game a lot and it's probably going to stay on my PC once it goes live unless something drastic changes at release.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

OMG, Fail. 

• SlayblazeSlayblaze Member UncommonPosts: 24

Excellent that Huxley will be Free to Play now as this will mean many benefits that a retail release would not have. One thing will be a lot more people will at least try it out, meaning full servers with more people to play with/against than yet another retail game where you can't find a match after a couple weeks because everyone goes back to TF2 or COD4. Whether or not Huxley will be able to retain players is in the hands of the developer - if it's good it will, if it's not it won't. But being free there is nothing at all to lose with at least trying it out right?

And it seems like it could fill a niche that  could turn out to be pretty interesting, a persistant shooter with levelling and armor upgrades and so on inside an UE3 shooter? A lot of people will be going in for a look that would NOT have if they would have had to purchase it.

• BaffaBaffa Member Posts: 37

Shame, this game could have been great but "free" is really more expensive than a subscription.

• ElGuappoElGuappo Member Posts: 94

Never played an MMO with micro-transactions. Always been subs based. I know it's an open-ended question, but how much do micro-transactions games cost roughly per month? Any examples anyone can give?

The ruptured capillaries in your nose belie the clarity of your wisdom.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

was lopoking forward to this game, now i am not cause its going FtP.  FTP games always lack dev support, and the game world really suffers because noone is getting paid enough to care about it.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Originally posted by Katilla

was lopoking forward to this game, now i am not cause its going FtP.  FTP games always lack dev support, and the game world really suffers because noone is getting paid enough to care about it.

Thats not allways the case. I know of a few good free mmos

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• cdnJynxcdnJynx Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Slayblaze

Excellent that Huxley will be Free to Play now as this will mean many benefits that a retail release would not have. One thing will be a lot more people will at least try it out, meaning full servers with more people to play with/against than yet another retail game where you can't find a match after a couple weeks because everyone goes back to TF2 or COD4. Whether or not Huxley will be able to retain players is in the hands of the developer - if it's good it will, if it's not it won't. But being free there is nothing at all to lose with at least trying it out right?
    And it seems like it could fill a niche that  could turn out to be pretty interesting, a persistant shooter with levelling and armor upgrades and so on inside an UE3 shooter? A lot of people will be going in for a look that would NOT have if they would have had to purchase it.

F2P will ruin this game,  its going to turn out like fury and thats ........... what you never heard of fury, thats cause it dont exsist anymore.

Huxley has great terrain and landscaping graphics that look appealing. but deep down its not going to appeal to the mmo genre i think personally didnt, and the leveling system my turn away the fps people but who knows

Might get a push at the start but dont count on it lasting long, soon as more people join and  get tossed around by higher level ppl they just going to leave, theres places for ppl and games can be level restricted but  to me this game is just a fancy game lobby with a few perks of being higher level better weapons and skills

the PvE aspect is lite right now but decent,  PvP on the other hand is everyone with rockets and splash damage weapons shooting the ground and walls

this isnt a one sided opinion either i have all classes leveled to 15 so ive dealt it aswell and dealth with it 

Just my opinion on a game  ( havent posted much so prolly get laughed at and get no credibility but whatever )

overall I give this game 2 out of 5