Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Mythic Care About This Game Anymore?

porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516

Have they given up on Camelot?  I really hope not.  But it seems that way.  No new expansions.  No really huge updates.  Nothing really meaningful added much at all.

It's almost like they've invested everything into just letting this bring in what it can for a while until it falls over.

I love this game.  I think if they do another graphic update like they've done in the past and put in another expansion, this game could have much new life breathed back into it.  Well, that and update some of the dungeon experiences when leveling.

-----------------------
</OBAMA>

Comments

• Kaelaan21Kaelaan21 Member UncommonPosts: 349

Personally, I wish they would consolidate their server hardware and upgrade to allow up to a 5k player cap and have 1 RvR cluster, 1 classic cluster and 1 pve server. There are still a few hundred left around that play on the PvE server, but Mordred needs to be shut down. It's wasted resources leeching off of the existing player base.

As for the expansions, I wouldn't see the need for any more. They are coming out with new patches that include both time limited PvE encounters and class overhaul changes about every few weeks to a month now. I would rather see updates on a frequent basis than 2 large updates a year.

No life will return to the game until the population problems are solved. The population problems are not just the age of the game, but also the fact that the population was torn apart by splitting it apart with all these different rulesets. I think that the classic servers had a huge role in creating the current population problem. They should have just put all their effort into fixing what they had (which they eventually did anyway) instead of creating the classic server ruleset. This is also the other reason why I am against the proposed origin ruleset. People will re-sub for a few months, but leave again eventually anyway. Leaving the remaining players yet again, split across more clusters and even more thinned out.

I guess what I am saying is that the devs still do give attention to the game, but the company itself isn't allocating the resources. I could definately see DAoC's numbers pick up and possibly be more than it is now if they solved the population problem first.

New players don't enjoy the game because as a single player game (the first 50 levels) - it's very dull.

It's almost like DAoC should drop the concept of clusters and create one game world. Kind of like EvE. At the moment, there are never more than 5k players on concurrently between all of the clusters anyway.

• kimmarkimmar Member Posts: 446

DAoC was my first MMO.  So I have a very special place in my heart for it.

But I don't think they're doing anything to bring people back anymore.  They can do whatever they want to the servers as far as merging them or whatever, but people want something new.  And even if Mythic has been adding new stuff into the game, I haven't heard about it.  And I frequent game sites on a probably average time scale.  So anyone from me to people who don't regularly follow games would never know.

I kind of think they've given up on DAoC and focused squarely on Warhammer.  I don't get why they can't have two excellent games that they work equally on, and even put in a special pricing plan for people who want to subscribe to both of them. 

But honestly, in the state that DAoC is in now, I'm not sure I would get the dual subscription special even if they had one.  I just haven't seen anything new to get excited about.

=============================
    It all seems so stupid
    It makes me want to give up
    But why should I give up
    When it all seems so stupid

• DoonyaDoonya Member Posts: 18

Did any of you see this post from Lori Hyrup a couple of days ago, nothing set in stone it seems but they are looking at how to solve server problems

www.camelotherald.com/devblog/news_article.php

Originally posted by Doonya

Did any of you see this post from Lori Hyrup a couple of days ago, nothing set in stone it seems but they are looking at how to solve server problems
    www.camelotherald.com/devblog/news_article.php

Yes, I saw it soon after I wrote my post. In fact, several people have compiled additional answers to questions that were asked on Facebook. You can read several of them here. vnboards.ign.com/devon_cluster/b22958/111067773/p1