Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF F2P mmo that 70+% of people here would love

2»

Comments

• uhjpaeuhjpae Member Posts: 165

Runes of Magic is quite popular in the forums. I haven't played it yet but I think it's good. I want to try it soon after it's released in our country.

• hopdoghopdog Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by Flex1

Originally posted by Signore

"World of Warcraft: this is not F2P but my standard game, has all the options only WOTLK has become easy, wich is a real pity, but i seek my own challenges by doing things i shouldn't be able to do all alone"

Where were you when Burning Crusade came out? o.o

I also hate All and Every MMO to Date but unfortunetly I am a Addict so I do whatever to try supress that, currently I'm playing a newly released game called Warrior Epic which follow a simular platform to Diablo 2.

Is warrior epic any good? Itoo have been looking for a game with hundreds of skills and f2p. Gonna have to check it out.

Warrior Epic has a lot of potential as far as it try's really hard to clone Guild War's.  If it wasnt for the unstable server's and unexpected lag spikes that can randomly drop people from groups i would say it's number 1 in my book. that how ever is not the case >< the official release is more like a public beta bugs/glitch's all over the place and the number 1 fact is if you get droped or die more then twice on a map you will have completly wasted your time because you loose all your xp at that point.

When/ IF they stablize the servers then you wont see so meny complainers bad stuff over WE offers a novel simi permadeath feater with the spirit system that alows you to use your fallen warriors in battle.  it does support like most F2P games a Item mall but its not really needed to play though as long as you join a group with a healer or make a healer yourself.

even with the lag/unstable servers i would still suggest you check it out . 

• kallion86kallion86 Member Posts: 50

I personally am liking the prospect of Warrior Epic. (mainly because my personality since back in the day was Warrior, Warrior, and more Warrior. :P)

Honestly though to the O.P, if you're looking for a free to play game that 70% of us would love. You'll have to try everything. Because everyone is different, we all love different MMO's, it's all based on what you're into.

Who knows, maybe you like cute graphics with competitive PvP tide turning, maybe Tales Runner is for you, (Items / obstacles make it turn tides often)

Maybe you're not into that, just a casual Relative to WoW? Maybe Perfect World or Runes of Magic could be to your liking.

Honestly just try all the games suggested and more, never stop until you find a game that YOU like, not just the rest of us. When you land on a game that you actually keep coming back to day after day, you'll have found the game you're looking for.

MMO Addict :D

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

Someone posted earlier and I am just going to second his vote for Runes of magic and Atlantica Online for F2P. Both are good, if you like turn-based rpg then go with AO, if you like 3S then go Runes, but don't get sucked into the cashshop. But your going to need storage so buying some daimonds to open a bank slot or two is a good idea.

Good luck.

~Ink

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

RoM is fun until about 25/25 where it gets grindy. You also never have the feeling of  being really in control of your char,  feels like constant Serverlag.  There is no balance what so ever,  and frequent "balance" patches tend to completly screw up everything. And don't try to PvP if you aren't willing to spend $$.

Requiem is pretty ok, but depending on your location you might have 5k+ms lag at all times.

• clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625
    Originally posted by Signore

"World of Warcraft: this is not F2P but my standard game, has all the options only WOTLK has become easy, wich is a real pity, but i seek my own challenges by doing things i shouldn't be able to do all alone"

Where were you when Burning Crusade came out? o.o

I also hate All and Every MMO to Date but unfortunetly I am a Addict so I do whatever to try supress that, currently I'm playing a newly released game called Warrior Epic which follow a simular platform to Diablo 2.

WoW still had some difficulty when BC first released.  Kara was pretty tough the first few times.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Originally posted by 43%burnt

RoM is fun until about 25/25 where it gets grindy. You also never have the feeling of  being really in control of your char,  feels like constant Serverlag.  There is no balance what so ever,  and frequent "balance" patches tend to completly screw up everything. And don't try to PvP if you aren't willing to spend $$.
    Requiem is pretty ok, but depending on your location you might have 5k+ms lag at all times.

I'm playing requiem now, I'm on hammerine. Ive got a 43 rogue, lately Ive been doing nothing but grinding. At least rom has those daily repeatable's, that's what got my PRIEST to 50.

• coendoucoendou Member Posts: 7

thx for all the posts i been slacky on my own forum i know

i looked up all the games mentioned here though and as i encountered

requiem: grindfest

ys online:same thing

atlantica: ok i admit only game i didn't look into so far

most of the other games are grindfest to, wich i hate, hours of grinding just smashing button 1-2 and ocassionally 3 is not having a good time in game, it's just boring as hell

runes of magic: simply stated: to simple, instances there have bosses that generally have 2 skills, AoE and add summoning, wich makes each boss a standard fight (not to mention the grindfest you even have at end level for skills O_o)

i guess there's nothing left then getting back to GW, it's a whole lot of money, but damn i was good there

for all those wondering, guild wars is ok to me cause you have to choose what to take with you, and yes you have standard builds but i always take my own self-made built with me :p

being a minion master for example requires a fair amount of skill

only to bad the aggro system sucks, if everybody can even explain how it works, i'd be happy to know ;)

(played a tank before and tanking was like: run in first, hit first, hope they keep hitting you and don't hit mages)

thx for all the comments

• pigandforkspigandforks Member Posts: 17

Yeah, don't play Requiem it is a horrible grindfest, so is Atlantica...and Atlantica has very few skills.  I don't think you will find a good f2p MMO, a few of them are entertaining for a little while, but none of them (that I have played) have any real substance.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op your best bet is rune of magic 

and they just got an update

but since we re coming to summer it doesnt mather all game are dead 

but come september the best game is rune of magic they ll get better music etc for the mood of the game ,new area lvl cap will be raised to 55 

some say its a wow clone 

nope been playing wow

and rom is way more evolved 

you build keep

will make war on a server vs server ,it got arena etc 

this game is very new so not a lot of info on it

and in the rom site the description doesnt do the game justice

• DarthrebornDarthreborn Member Posts: 4

rom is no way more evolved than wow, you are comparing a way older and experienced mmor with a new one.

Rom arena is not used by anyone due to major flaws in skills. There are classes that can put you in sleep/lasso way forever that's why noone does it.

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698
    Originally posted by gnlLucid

Originally posted by rensta

FAIL
    More then 40% of this "poeple here" hate mmo's.
    other 10% are trolls that hate evrything expet what they play.

The rest ( 50% ) hate people that butcher the English language.

agreed. signed.  quote buy print.