Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: TOR TRAILER! Watch it NOW!

1234568»

Comments

• andmillerandmiller Member Posts: 374

OMFG.......that was..........unbelievably awesome.......

Just ignore the haters, nothing in this world can please them except crappy, scrubby niche games.  Amazing, can't friggen wait for this one.

A trailer a game does not make, but wow, that was sweet!

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by andmiller

Just ignore the haters, nothing in this world can please them except crappy, scrubby niche games. 

That's exactly why I don't bother posting in all the threads about 'oh it's fail already' and bs like that and just skip right over those threads.  I'm STILL finding myself wanting to watch the trailer over again!  I hope all the in game cinematics will be that sweet...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Awesome pre-render. I am looking forward to giving this game a go, even though i know if doesn't klook anything like this realistic looking movie.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Just ignore the haters, nothing in this world can please them except crappy, scrubby niche games. 

That's exactly why I don't bother posting in all the threads about 'oh it's fail already' and bs like that and just skip right over those threads.  I'm STILL finding myself wanting to watch the trailer over again!  I hope all the in game cinematics will be that sweet...

So true. Why have some ppl such a hard time just to enjoy the good times for now? Sheesh, I dont like spoilsports.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Elikal

So true. Why have some ppl such a hard time just to enjoy the good times for now? Sheesh, I dont like spoilsports.

I just don't like ignorance, which it all boils down to :/ ah well...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

Not hating here.  I have been following the game for some time.  It has a more stylized art style.  Think closer to the Cartoon Network than what was in the trailer.   To get a better idea of the art style, peep this.

http://www.swtor.com/news/article/20090529_001

Never the less, that was an awesome traielr and I am still looking forward to the game.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by Elikal

While I'm against shouting a game's failure to come, I just think the general population is tired of waiting 2-3 years after a game shows the most bad arse trailer for a game that turns out to be disappointing. Heck doing this 3 times, 6 or more years can pass waiting on the next big thing comes out. It can only happen so many times before you get the the mentalily...crud time adds up. Dont knock em...well heck, dont knock US... for not wanting to fall for the same over and over and over again. Give us the real deal.

Now I'm not going to preach it's fail, but from past experiences in this genre, I 'm sure as hell not going to crown it either.

Originally posted by bossalinie

While I'm against shouting a game's failure to come, I just think the general population is tired of waiting 2-3 years after a game shows the most bad arse trailer for a game that turns out to be disappointing. Heck doing this 3 times, 6 or more years can pass waiting on the next big thing comes out. It can only happen so many times before you get the the mentalily...crud time adds up. Dont knock em...well heck, dont knock US... for not wanting to fall for the same over and over and over again. Give us the real deal.
    Now I'm not going to preach it's fail, but from past experiences in this genre, I 'm sure as hell not going to crown it either.

See that I can understand.... and the only thing I have to really say about that is... This one's being made by BioWare ;).

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

See that I can understand.... and the only thing I have to really say about that is... This one's being made by BioWare ;).

Putting faith into a company name has burned a lot of people lately. Sigil had a lot going for them and together with SOE they rushed a POS game out that now 2 years after launch has 4 sparsely populated servers.

Mythic developed an awesome MMO (DAoC). Then working with EA they rushed an unpolished turd out the door that was such a let down they had to shutdown 63 servers in the first 6 months.

Now those same EA folks are working with Bioware(with some old SWG devs that everyone hates). I have no doubt that TOR will be successful but I have learned that putting too much faith into a company for their past success just leads to broken expectations.

• _rch_rch Member UncommonPosts: 34

god damn that's hot, i know what im gonna play..

• ScoutMastrScoutMastr Member Posts: 140

I'm not going to hype this game, trash it, or defend it...not my job, I don't get paid for it, nor will I get a discount when it comes out. I do however wonder why people keep saying "it's bioware"...like that's supposed to reassure anyone. Bioware is a company that has made games that were good, and some that are "so so", maybe even a few stinkers...they're just a company. Sounds like brand loyalty to me, which I guess is how some people roll.

I look at it like the music industry, someone comes out with their debut album and it's great--puts them in the lime light--then their next album comes out and it might only have one good song...ok, hey it happens, not a big deal. If this game is a huge success, so what? The people that don't like it for whatever reason will still not like it. If it's a failure, so what? People stop subscribing and move on. Some of the posts around here act like it really matters to them if this game fails or succeeds...that should only matter to Bioware/LucasArts, not ANY of us.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Distaste

The whole announcement was MEH for me. Whoopie! Voice overs for the D students that got pushed through high school. Unlike them I can read!
    MMO's are either good or bad based on the systems behind them, not their sound effects. I generally turn off most of the sound ingame to talk on vent, listen to music, listen/half watch TV.
    The trailer was awesome though but you CANNOT judge a game on a cinematic. Give me gameplay footage and systems explanations and then we are talking.

Yeah!...personally, for me, I would like it to be done in the style of "Zork" from the 80's. All text ftw.

• Timberwolf0Timberwolf0 Member Posts: 424

Beautiful. Precisely what I'd expect from Bioware.

• slythsslyths Member UncommonPosts: 208

Yeah really cool, we are all waiting for you to come out Star Wars, so  hurry up and come out neat and bugless(or with some pety bubs).

• geistvattergeistvatter Member Posts: 5

trailer looks fantastic i whis the game could play like that