Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are gonna buy the game(betappl only)

RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

So the aionweekend has started. Now for the great question: you play the event; will you buy the game?

Comments

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

I voted yes because i've already pre-ordered

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

I'm hoping to have seen enough to make that decision by the end of the weekend.  I'm leaning towards Yes, but we'll have to see.

• catsaadcatsaad Member Posts: 176

not at all .i am getting a feeling that thsi game will fail in west to attract a huge amount of subscribers.just a speculation .it might be just me . i will wait for longer time till the result .in the mean time i am planning on playing this game on chinese server as china is my neighbouring conutry .and its cheap too .so no chances from my part.:PPPPPP

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Yep I am. It will do fine in the west. Alot of people are talking about it, and how good it is.

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Definitely not. Just another WOW-clone if you ask me. Played China servers (with English patch) for a month or so before making this decision.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• HoobleyHoobley Member Posts: 421

Option 4 should be standard on all polls. Thanks.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by fldash

Definitely not. Just another WOW-clone if you ask me. Played China servers (with English patch) for a month or so before making this decision.

you guys and your damn WoW clone comments...

i played the chinese version as well, and i will defidently be buying the collectors edition after my awesome experience!

• MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by Rdlaban

So the aionweekend has started. Now for the great question: you play the event; will you buy the game?

Ummm,  so like the beta weekend has not started yet. It starts at 12 noon pst. I didn't think it started yet but after reading your post I had to go try, sure 'nuff I can't get in yet. So I'm not sure how you can expect people to answer this just yet. I'm assuming you put it up now so people can vote after trying it later.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Katilla

i played the chinese version as well, and i will defidently be buying the collectors edition after my awesome experience!

I am pretty sure I should trademark WoW clone and demand a dollar every time it is said.  Most nonsensical term I have every heard . . .

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand

Would you be happier if I called it an EQ-clone? It's really just a 'clone'... The only neat features are flying and rifts. You can't do rifts until you are around halfway to the level cap, so that leaves flying. Combat is nothing special. The graphics, however, are great. It's not to say you and many others won't own it. But I'm entitled to my opinion, and to me, it's a clone of basically every other game save a few things.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

Would you be happier if I called it an EQ-clone? It's really just a 'clone'... The only neat features are flying and rifts. You can't do rifts until you are around halfway to the level cap, so that leaves flying. Combat is nothing special. The graphics, however, are great. It's not to say you and many others won't own it. But I'm entitled to my opinion, and to me, it's a clone of basically every other game save a few things.

All mmos are clones of prior mmos, all fps are clones of prior fps, all rpgs are clones of prior rpgs.  Do you get where I am going with this?  The term "clone of" has become a derogatory term that people throw around quite freely this day in age when truthfully it means absolutly nothing.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134

ill buy game ofc

• velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134

dude does EQ has licence for feature that only they can use,like skills hotbar,or game meny or inventory?

they dont and theres no game who keep all rights about it,its part of all games and u cant call game a clone of any other game.

but some ppl are soo stupid like wow fanboiz,and trolls like you.

Originally posted by Locklain
    All mmos are clones of prior mmos, all fps are clones of prior fps, all rpgs are clones of prior rpgs.  Do you get where I am going with this?  The term "clone of" has become a derogatory term that people throw around quite freely this day in age when truthfully it means absolutly nothing.

I can't disagree with that statement, as its more true now than ever. That said, you are thinking about it wrong. There should be some evolution in the games. Instead, they are more like siblings of the same generation, that's why the term -clone- gets used. I gave AION it's props, mainly in the flying, graphics, and rifts idea. But other than those 2 features, and updated graphics, it doesn't really do anything for me and it feels more like the brother or sister or the current MMOs, not an evolutionary descendant.

This is my opinion, I have no doubt many will love it and play it, mainly for the graphics and the few unique features. However, I don't like it. This is a poll and so I posted my opinion. I'm sure there are others that feel like me as well.

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

I'll be buying the game. Since playing the COB, I was starting to have withdrawls. I didn't want to subscribe, because I knew I wasn't going to be staying on the chinese servers, and didn't want to get a character high level only to start over again. I'll be getting the CE of it, and have fun with my little extra's that will come with it, and then go through the arduous process of deciding what in the blue bunny hell I am going to be.

• gr8txngr8txn Member Posts: 9

I can't disagree with that statement, as its more true now than ever. That said, you are thinking about it wrong. There should be some evolution in the games. Instead, they are more like siblings of the same generation, that's why the term -clone- gets used. I gave AION it's props, mainly in the flying, graphics, and rifts idea. But other than those 2 features, and updated graphics, it doesn't really do anything for me and it feels more like the brother or sister or the current MMOs, not an evolutionary descendant.

This is my opinion, I have no doubt many will love it and play it, mainly for the graphics and the few unique features. However, I don't like it. This is a poll and so I posted my opinion. I'm sure there are others that feel like me as well.

Fldash is correct in saying there is nothing revolutionary with the game and if it is not for him thats fine as far as i'm concerned thats one less person to get in the way of my enjoyment :) . For me every new game doesn't have to have something revolutionary or something new and shiney I like the fact that Aion has taken some of the best elements of other games and polished them and put them in a nice new fantastic looking world. To each thier own on if you like the game or not I think alot of folks are just tired of hearing the "clone" term. I'm starting to become one of them and just wish folks would say what they think don't compare to anything else just say hey I like the game or nah it's not really for me.

• OrtzillaOrtzilla Member Posts: 11

If after playing this weekend I can see this game being something I look forward to playing to for a long time I will definetly be pre-ordering, after hearing all the positive comments about the game so far im excited to get it and give it a whirl.

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372

Definitely NOT buying this.I am tired of these auto target click and sit back games. I will be trying it this weekend though but thats it.

• FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357

Chances are good that I will, but I won't know for sure until after this weekend.

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Thing is, if you've played WoW and you've played Aion, you can't tell me they play the same, maybe the leveling proccess is pretty similar (you know, quests and what not) but the endgame is completely different, and trust me when I say that endgame is the thing you'll be playing the most in games like these.

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

I see little of "dissappointments post" on the front page; considering its a mmo I thought it would be packed.... I assume the "omg love the game" will come after the event is done dogh. If not; this game is gonna be another bah(might attract players dogh)

• LogothXLogothX Member Posts: 245

Im not sure at this point. Really, the game runs and looks wonderful. Combat is visceral, responsive, and fast paced; which is more than what I can say for LOTRO and Warhammer Online. The movement in combat system is also interesting... HOWEVER, it's generic. Highly generic. Whether or not the end game is actually good remains to be seen, and frankly, Im not sure if I have the patience to go through yet another game with tedious task quests. "Go kill things, OK now go kill slightly stronger things from the CAMP YOU JUST FUCKING LEFT".

The Abyss sounds like a lot of fun, and the combat system is well made for a standard MMO; I just dont understand why these guys HAVE to hide their game behind this atrocius early game. Maybe I'll cancel my pre-order and just wait.

You get to create a very customizable character, you look at nice character sprites in the select screen, then you're dropped into a field for no reason and are expected to kill local wild life.

We'll see, I guess. The weekend has just started; after all.

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

I voted undecided at this point as i still am dl'ing it, I am at 51% RAWR...

playing eq2 and two worlds

• Jinru919Jinru919 Member Posts: 27

I'm up in the air about Aion, most likely I'll wait a month of so before making any decisions to see how improvements go in NA. Only thing that interested me is the end game pvp and siege which strongly reminds me of games like Lineage 2 and Perfect World.

Speaking of Perfect World, has anyone here played that game before? Similar to Aion, it has nearly limitless customization on your character and flying doesn't have a time limit.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I will get getting the Collectors Edition. Cya in game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!