Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spell Animations

britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

Hey guys..I love spells that have beautiful animations and effects.  Could anyone list some fo the games with the best spell animations. I like to be entertained when casting spells.

Comments

• AshGUTZAshGUTZ Member Posts: 339

Chances are that if you are looking for a game that has "beautiful spell animations" then the caster you are playing is probably going to be required to cast said spells quite often. I'm talking about the fact that most games with casters are the ones where spells are your only attacks and so no matter how "pretty" you're basically going to get bored of the "pretty" fast.

EQII does have some beautiful spell animations.

You might actually be desiring something "flashy" and glowy. You may be confusing the desire for beautiful animations with just flashy crap all over the place - suggestion from another player, a game with "combos".

• PiquedramPiquedram Member Posts: 127

Ryzom has some gorgeous animations.

Ryzom is a classless, sandbox game, which means u could master everything if u have a lot of time, (and i mean A LOT of time) and by no means easy. Steep learning curve (good tutorial island though, read through the quests there, they give good explanations of quite a few features).

The game also contains its own scenario builder, character customisation is awesome, and you create your own skills/spells, made from "stanza's" you buy with skillpoints earned through levelling a certain skill...

for extra info read: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/katriell

or go to the ryzom main page: http://www.ryzom.com/

Give it a try mate, free trial of 3 weeks, no other limits but the time. I've personally played Ryzom since open beta almost 5 years ago now, and never regretted it.

• LedZep89LedZep89 Member Posts: 30

Wizard 101 has some cool ones, it's cartoony though.