Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Bill Roper Q&A

2»

Comments

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914
    Originally posted by ArcAngel3
    Yeah Bill, I want to play something that's polished and that's fun.  I also like how you said you want to focus on customer service and placing value on player feedback.  The fact that you delayed release in response to your beta testers tells me you're on the right track.  Way to go guys.  I'll probably try this out when it releases, and I wish you success.

Commenting on the part in green. EQ2, AoC, WAR, PotBS, Vanguard, Shadowbane, and many more games have had their release dates pushed back. Each time the community manager cites "beta tester feedback" as the reason.

The problem is that the majority of the time they eventually stop listening to the beta tester's recommendation of not releasing yet and push the game out anyway.

Why this happens? It's usually only known by the development studio themselves but running out of money/time is usually the reason given.

My point is just because they listened to the beta testers and pushed the release back doesn't mean it still won't be a buggy or broken game when it does finally get released.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."