Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flight 447 vanished without warning

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

They keep saying the plane hit thunderstorms over the Atlantic. That does not make any sense. They divert around heavy storms, which they see on those fancy radar gizmos all large planes are outfitted with.

Air control of the flight had not been passed to Africa yet, and it would be known, and reported by now if there had been heading and altitude changes made prior to losing contact, (this is assumed because other information is available, like the automated report of an electrical fault...and the exact time the plane 'vanished'...since those pieces of information are available, so would reports of course corrections).

My wild-assed-guess is terror first, then turbulence second that caused a catastrophic platform failure that simply ripped the ship apart.

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by outfctrl

They keep saying the plane hit thunderstorms over the Atlantic. That does not make any sense. They divert around heavy storms, which they see on those fancy radar gizmos all large planes are outfitted with.
    Air control of the flight had not been passed to Africa yet, and it would be known, and reported by now if there had been heading and altitude changes made prior to losing contact, (this is assumed because other information is available, like the automated report of an electrical fault...and the exact time the plane 'vanished'...since those pieces of information are available, so would reports of course corrections).
    My wild-assed-guess is terror first, then turbulence second that caused a catastrophic platform failure that simply ripped the ship apart.

OMG...wait until the facts come out before you start making shit up.    That is how all the 9/11 conspiracies started.   Next thing you know someone will blame Al Quida for this.    ::sigh::   Just wait until we get some facts.   If anything a plane traveling at over 500mph slamming into thunderstorms with winds upwards of 100mph would surely cause it to suffer catastrophic failure.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

You cant dismiss terrorism.  I am waiting for someone to blame it on Bush.  ;-)

• SargothSargoth Member Posts: 558

I watched this neat little documentary on a c-130 or some other kind of large cargo plane.  The locks on the back door did not hold the door shut and the door came off.  When it did, it took the tail with it and the plane practically nose dived into the ground.  Same kind of things could have happened with the Air France plane.  If there was a storm in the area, the seas could have been so high that any kind of landing in water would have ripped the plane apart on impact. 

When a piscating wizard floods every thread I can understand why people leave.

• clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

You cant dismiss terrorism.  I am waiting for someone to blame it on Bush.  ;-)

I blame Bush.

He's obviously staging a terror attack to increase his approval ratings and to alter the way history will judge his performance as president.

Originally posted by Teala

OMG...wait until the facts come out before you start making shit up.    That is how all the 9/11 conspiracies started.   Next thing you know someone will blame Al Quida for this.    ::sigh::   Just wait until we get some facts.   If anything a plane traveling at over 500mph slamming into thunderstorms with winds upwards of 100mph would surely cause it to suffer catastrophic failure.

Air France said on Wednesday that it received a bomb threat regarding a plane leaving Buenos Aires for Paris on May 27. Security officials checked the plane and no explosive devices were uncovered. So probably it wasn't terrorism, but you never know.

Militant groups have long focused on attacking aircraft due to their symbolic nature

• bmdevinebmdevine Member Posts: 429

Just wait until we get some facts.

The facts are whatever the OP wants them to be.  If real facts meant anything to him, he'd probably have to change his nickname.  Seriously, haven't you read any of his thousands of posts before?

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Tinfoil + hat = your friend

Please stop spouting your rampant, unfounded paranoia of everything being a terrorist threat.  It wouldn't surprise me if you believed terrorists were hiding under your bed or something. 

<whispers> Have you checked recently?  

Originally posted by bmdevine

Just wait until we get some facts.

The facts are whatever the OP wants them to be.  If real facts meant anything to him, he'd probably have to change his nickname.  Seriously, haven't you read any of his thousands of posts before?

and what exactly is wrong with my posts?  I guess they are not liberal enough for you.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Well i can tell you all what happened...you see...the clouds formed a tunnel around  the plane and somehow transported them back in time for a few moments, you see once this temporary time travel happened they phased back into reality and freaked out causing them to barrel roll and the pilot became the fresh prince of Bel-Air.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930
    Originally posted by Scalebane

Well i can tell you all what happened...you see...the clouds formed a tunnel around  the plane and somehow transported them back in time for a few moments, you see once this temporary time travel happened they phased back into reality and freaked out causing them to barrel roll and the pilot became the fresh prince of Bel-Air.

And, according to the OP... it was all due to TERRORISTS!   <whispers>  They're out there.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

Of course its the US's fault.  We're the cause of every bad incident in history.   Our horrible envornmental policies causing the polar icecaps to melt proabably altered the weather a bit which changed the headwinds in the area FLight 447 was, which caused it to crash.  BANG...its those darn americans again.  Well, its what Europe is probably saying on the news..or "BUSH did it".  Thats always a good standby=) 

I can't imagine what goes through the minds of the people in an incident like that.  I really hope the cabin lost pressure and everyone blacked out WELL before it actually hit the water.  Really sad.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Well, you did explain it first so that's fair enough.

Remember the movie "Millennium"  with Chris Christofferson?

An investigator seeking the cause of an airline disaster discovers the involvement of an organisation of time travellers from a future Earth irreparably polluted who seek to rejuvenate the human race from those about to die in the past.

GLOBAL WARMING!!!  I knew it.

• bmdevinebmdevine Member Posts: 429

An investigator seeking the cause of an airline disaster discovers the involvement of an organisation of time travellers from a future Earth irreparably polluted who seek to rejuvenate the human race from those about to die in the past.

Did you know that Kris Kristofferson's initials are actually KK?  What about the fact that those are the first two letters of KKK?  It's just my wild-assed guess, but that organization in the movie must have been the KKK going back in time to try to rejuvenate the human race by creating a superior one.

Just for the record, I've never seen the movie, so my guesses have about as much support as most of these threads.

• snipergsniperg Member Posts: 863

Did the officials dismissed the idea that Cthulhu stole the flight?

A friend is not him who provides support during your failures.A friend is the one that cheers you during your successes.

I was kidding in my "I blame Bush" post(obviously) but in all honesty, aliens are always my first guess when something weird happens.  Time travel, at least from the future to the past, is impossible.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

So...it's the Langoliers?

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Well I heard it was because the flight numbers added up to 815.   4+4 = 8   8+7=15   thus the actual flight number was 815.  

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by clwoods

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

So...it's the Langoliers?

That is a very real possibility :)

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098

It's all about finding the CVR and flight data recorder now. 

Remember when you post in a thread like this someone reading might  have had a loved one on the plane.

Anyone here have first hand knowledge of how good the pingers are on those boxes? Anyone know of a case where a black box has been recovered from that depth?

My heart goes out to the families and friends.. lack of information about what happened adds a great deal to the grief.

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Originally posted by Triggger

I would expect nothing less from you,blame it all on a terror attack not a freak accident.

You are so predictable,it's actually funny reading your posts.

Haha, first thing I thought, how can outfctrl put a right wing spin on this.

I've got one even better, our fighter jets shot it down. France what more of a reason do we need?

Originally posted by protoroc

France what more of a reason do we need?

I lol'd.

I also lol everytime people forget we wouldn't be a country iof it wasn't for France.