Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Closed Beta Key Giveaway!

Comments

• NoidraugNoidraug Member Posts: 10

Nice, it will be great to get a peak view of Aion.

Getting the "The Install information could not be downloaded. Please try again in a few minutes." message too thou

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341
    Originally posted by TacBoy

I was getting the download error and then I turned on "submit anonymous statistics" in the settings and it worked. I don't know if it was related or a coincidence, but there you have it.

I don't think it's related.  I have my "submit anonymous stats" box toggled "on" like you and I am still getting the "try again later" message.  Oh well, I imagine I'll get it d/l'ed between now and this weekend.

• coorsman66coorsman66 Member UncommonPosts: 87

Got my key and Downloading. Thanks MMORPG!

imageFuck the world, for all its worth,Every inch of planet earth!image

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

If others are downloading, I doubt it could be related to that.  I doubt they want people downloading 15gigs starting friday lol.  That would be unfun!

• AzhoilAzhoil Member UncommonPosts: 11

thx, im installing now to

• NekoPanzerNekoPanzer Member Posts: 1

It gave me the eror message for about 30 minutes, then it just randomly worked when I tried it one last time.

Keep trying periodically, eventually it'll work.

• RaveGodXRaveGodX Member Posts: 17

I havent been here in a while, and i come to see how my friends at mmorg are doing and, wow what a welcome back a nice shiney beta key! This game looks great and I am downloading it as we speak! Thanks guys!!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Crud, I am not home that weekend :(

• ccory102ccory102 Member Posts: 60

I can't use my beta key!! It says I have to be 18 to use it D= that's tottally not fair!!

• FrapFrap Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by ccory102

I can't use my beta key!! It says I have to be 18 to use it D= that's tottally not fair!!

:/

Got mine working! Thanks mmorpg

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

It's a closed beta. You have to agree to a non-disclosure agreement. Legally, you must be 18 to agree to one. Hence the age limit.

• ClasaionClasaion Member Posts: 2

I am still getting the message:

"The install information could not be downloaded, please try again in a few minutes"

Anybody know if its due to the heavy traffic or is it somehting else??

Any help would be appareciate it! Thanks!

• ccory102ccory102 Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Andraxx

It's a closed beta. You have to agree to a non-disclosure agreement. Legally, you must be 18 to agree to one. Hence the age limit.

I've never done a beta before so I didn't know =P I really can't wait to play this game that's why I wanted to do the beta so bad =P

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I've never done a beta before so I didn't know =P I really can't wait to play this game that's why I wanted to do the beta so bad =P

Awesome!  I've been trying to get a beta key for awhile and now mmorpg.com, the site that I frequent the most, gets a whole shipment.  Nice!

This is also more of a preview weekend then a beta since we are getting a pretty polished product.  Im guessing they just want to test out the "westernized" version of aion for us.  Nonetheless, im excited.

• tuzalovtuzalov Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by Clasaion

I am still getting the message:
    "The install information could not be downloaded, please try again in a few minutes"

Anybody know if its due to the heavy traffic or is it somehting else??

Any help would be appareciate it! Thanks!

Massive traffic so don't expect fast speeds if you can even connect,hammering isn't going to solve the issue either,patience of which I have 0 is your only recourse.

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771
    Originally posted by Cristina1

Originally posted by Orthedos

Originally posted by edward50301

Originally posted by Cristina1

Great... I am in UK but it says this when going on the EU link:

"Country Error
    * Your Country is not included in this Promotion."

?? not great

Same problem for me, wtf?

Try change the country setting of your windows

that shouldnt have an effect on anything. They probably look at your IP to determin what country you are from. Clearly it set up wrong :-/

Some games checked that, LOTRo beta does.  It depends, no harm trying.

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Dude, you're seriously telling us that you don't know how to make another account and just lie about your birthday so that it says you're at least 18?  It's not that hard and you probably could have had it done by now if you spent the energy it took to complain on solving the problem instead.

Come on... If you want something to gripe about, join those of us who can't get the client to d/l ... ;^_^

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Thanks, pretty straightforward without any hidden tricks.

• khaos904khaos904 Member Posts: 20

100 kbs hope i make the beta :(

• x0eclipsex0eclipse Member UncommonPosts: 32

Thanks alot mmorpg.com :D Cant wait for the weekend.

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

The install information could not be downloaded.  Please try again in a few minutes for the next hour and a half and possibly for the next 4 days.  FML.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

I really wish these companies would offer alternate download locations besides the official patcher.

I've been trying to start the download on and off for the last 2 hours. Still no go. Even if it was working, from the sounds of it the download speed is absurdly slow.

Why not offer a torrent or post it on FilePlanet. Just out of curiosity I checked FilePlanet. They have the Chinese beta client up, but not the NA one.

Does that even make any sense?

This isn't directed at NCSoft exclusively, a lot of MMO betas/games do this. You download the patcher, then the only way to get the game is to use the patcher.

Just let me download the whole installation please!

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• uhauhauhauha Member Posts: 4

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to start the client install in the past 30 minutes? The "Install information could not be downloaded" message pops us so quickly that I'm wondering if it's even connecting anywhere.

• ClasaionClasaion Member Posts: 2

I finally was able to....had to wait about 20mins or so. Just keep trying and it will conect eventually! ;)

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

No I haven't even gotten past Install Game and I've been trying for over an hour now.  Would be nice if you could just que the install or something.  Really sucks having to come back and manually click Install Game to be told to try again in a few minutes.