Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: TOR TRAILER! Watch it NOW!

Comments

• CrazyIvanovCrazyIvanov Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by singsofdeath

Originally posted by hades302

Originally posted by triprunner

If the game lives up to the trailer (make a movie out of it!! No Lucas tho!) it will kill.
    First time i've seen a proper BRUTAL fight between Sith and Jedis, not some fancy fencing but a total melee/force battle. And the chick BH ruled as a support taking out reinforcements...
    I wonder if the Twi'lek girl with the bad ass Malak looking Sith was a Smuggler or some assassin/rogue?
    Anyways, trailer rocks, BioWare this and the next year going in for the kill (SW:TOR, ME2, DA:O). Blizzard GTFO...

They announced Smugglers as a Republic Class, so the Twi'lek wasn't a Smuggler. She could be one of the two remaining Sith Empire classes that have not been released or a companion character like the droid seemed to be.

Personally, I think that the Twi'lek, just like the R2 droid were supposed to be companion characters.

I'm thinking companion, she kinda got owned in the the video. :P

I don't think that's how they would have introduced smuggler.

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

And I was thinking the trailer for the Force Unleashed was Bad A$$.  THis trailer made my Sticker Peck out!

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Personally, I think that the Twi'lek, just like the R2 droid were supposed to be companion characters.

I think the Twi-Lek was a companion for sure.  There's a point in the trailer where you see the sith do this 'commanding point' thing and the Twi-Lek runs off.  In the Trooper developer videon on the main site, they showed the trooper giving hand signals.  A lot of people are guessing that's for commanding the companion...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Proximo521Proximo521 Member UncommonPosts: 283

I just watched the trailer and Im impressed with the cinematic. But im not going to allow this video to cloud my judgement at this point. Im glad that they are heading in the right direction and this trailer puts a stamp on it. But what direction is that? I still want more information before I go crowning their assess!  But I will say this, they are off to a great start!

GIVE US MORE!

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Azernus

OH
    MY
    GOD
    ARE
    YOU
    SERIOUS

This guy, member since 06, 9 posts in total, taking his time to post that says it all.. :D

Heehee... Great Trailer, lets see the Gameplay now.. :)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Beazt

Originally posted by Azernus

OH
    MY
    GOD
    ARE
    YOU
    SERIOUS

This guy, member since 06, 9 posts in total, taking his time to post that says it all.. :D

Heehee... Great Trailer, lets see the Gameplay now.. :)

Hahaha soon, soon, this Wednesday at E3... 20-30 glorious minutes of SWTOR play demo...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095
    Originally posted by Abrahmm

Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by inferno89

Originally posted by TheGrim55

Just Amazing. WoW killer is here?

What a ridiculous statement. I'm a WoW hater, yet you can't just say this is a WoW killer based off an awesome cinematic trailer. WoW had a fantastic cinematic trailer, as did all it's expansions and even Warhammer Online's trailer and intro movie is sweet as. Did WAR turn out to be a WoW killer? I'll let you answer that one...

Oh come on! It may be premature to say, but a bit enthusiasm isnt so wrong. At least it WILL make Blizz a bit uneasy by now, I am sure. What wrong with a little bit wishful thinking? ^^

Wishful thinking is fine. I think people are sick of hearing "OMG WoW Killa!" for every new title slated to come out.

And yet Bioware is the first company to actually come out and say they are ready to take Blizzard on and compete with them directly.  Everyone else has been too much of a pussy to even make the statement, let alone put forth a product that even remotely has a chance of dethroning the incumbent.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Epic trailier check, great sound check, typical bioware masterpiece of a game we will see.

• Proximo521Proximo521 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by jaycee2006

Must admit, the haters have been getting to me.. but that is the best trailer ive ever seen for anything. If bioware made a film with that level of depth, it would be the best star wars film ever, I loved it. I also loved how it showed normal jedi, which people will play, not the masters who kill everything, so people will hopefully stop thinking about jedi being OP. Really great!

EDIT: hope the stuff about this being single player isnt true.. if this game gets the elements of an mmo in a world where people feel they are fighting a perpetual sci fi war... /goosebumps.

Couple things... I can understand how you feel. But I would not listen to them, they simply know about as much as we do about the game. In some cases, they find it easier to assume than to actually read and get information. Haters are exactly what they are. Dont let them get you down. Now, Bioware has said numerous times that there is going to be grouping. Im going to provide a little more info on that topic. James Ohlen provided some good info, but here is the link. Take it for what it is... But next time someone tells me that this is a single player game, I would just ignore them and move on.

http://www.lucascast.com/images/TORScan1.jpg

"We're going to be playing through about 20 to 30 minsutes, showing multiple worlds like Tython, Korriban, Ord Mantell - the origin worlds, basically. The big part of the demo is going to be showing a flashpoint; a one- to two hour long story moment which is fully instanced and basically designed for group play, though you can also play solo."

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Personally, I had chills runnin through me watchin that trailer. Specifically when the Sith Lord started fighting the top Jedi. WoW!

I'm sure you all noticed that the top Jedi at one point turned to look at a R2 unit. Hopefully I'm thinking we can have droid "pets" in the game. Also I wonder if any of you have a thought as to what class the Twilek (dont think I spelled that right) women was?

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

That has got to be the best trailer I have ever seen for a video game. Now if the game actually plays like that then I'll be really impressed.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by musicmann

After watching the trailer a few times, i can only hope that with the release of the game it will spawn some type of Old Republic movie, either live action or done just like this. We all know that gameplay won't be like this, but damn, this made me want more Star Wars.

I couldn't agree more. That brief trailer was better than anything I have seen of the Clone Wars series. THAT is what Star Wars should be about. Eliminate the juevenile humor and get down to business.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by stillkillin

can anyone say bioware failed? i guess i will bioware failed
    tor looked boring and stupid it looked like a sci-fi world of warcraft rather then what it should be a star wars game
    and it's still class based and oh yay i can hear npcs talking lame
    i have a better idea bioware why don't you give us gamers what we really want with tor that being 32+ professions that can be mixed and matched an open world with lots of player crafting and pvp battlefields
    oh wait i believe that is swg pre-cu the game everyone wants back

The last thing myself and many others on these forums want back is that POS game SWG.

Bioware's vision for this game is leagues better than SOE ever could have done with that game. SWG was a failure in almost every way. It may have had its entertaining moments, but it was not a good Star Wars game and had nothing in the excitement department. If I wanted to sit around and play house, I would play the sims.

FOR THE LAST TIME SWG FANS - STFU and forget it. This game will not be like SWG!!! THANK GOD

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Anubisan

Originally posted by stillkillin

can anyone say bioware failed? i guess i will bioware failed
    tor looked boring and stupid it looked like a sci-fi world of warcraft rather then what it should be a star wars game
    and it's still class based and oh yay i can hear npcs talking lame
    i have a better idea bioware why don't you give us gamers what we really want with tor that being 32+ professions that can be mixed and matched an open world with lots of player crafting and pvp battlefields
    oh wait i believe that is swg pre-cu the game everyone wants back

The last thing myself and many others on these forums want back is that POS game SWG.

Bioware's vision for this game is leagues better than SOE ever could have done with that game. SWG was a failure in almost every way. It may have had its entertaining moments, but it was not a good Star Wars game and had nothing in the excitement department. If I wanted to sit around and play house, I would play the sims.

FOR THE LAST TIME SWG FANS - STFU and forget it. This game will not be like SWG!!! THANK GOD

appears stillkillin has wildcat syndrome

• Fed1Fed1 Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Darth_Pete

So when is the gameplay video coming up? Can someone give ETA on it in hours? I know it is going online wednesday but with time differences from where I am and all that crap it would be easier if someone just said ETA in hours like 27 hours to go.

If I did all the calculations right, the TOR presentation will start in about 32 hours. 

It's scheduled to start at 3PM in LA, which is PDT. That's 2200 in UTC/GMT. For all who can make sense of it. XD

It starts at 12:30PM in LA - Which is about 28 hours from this post.

Link to info /video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by JGMIII

Well lets hope the game is actually good.
    WAR had a pretty awesome trailer also (a coupe of them) and that game couldn't live up to the trailer.

Are you trying to say Bioware is on the same level as Mythic Entertainment? If so... you my friend are on the wrong side of the bell curve.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386
    Originally posted by sinjin

Originally posted by JGMIII

Well lets hope the game is actually good.
    WAR had a pretty awesome trailer also (a coupe of them) and that game couldn't live up to the trailer.

Are you trying to say Bioware is on the same level as Mythic Entertainment? If so... you my friend are on the wrong side of the bell curve.

EA partnered with Mythic and put out some awesome trailers. EA is now partnered with Bioware and put out an awesome trailer that looks a lot like the one for WAR.

EA making great promo videos has nothing to do with how well Mythic or Bioware make games.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

The trailor was just awesome. I am looking forward more and more to this game.

Bioware just seems to know how to produce great games (Mass effect, Baldur's gate, KoTOR, etc. ).

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Trailer sucked.

JEDI JEDI JEDI AND A WOMAN BOBA FETT.

Garbage

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Anyone saying this trailer sucks or is bad , only wants to be special so dont listen to them :)

Very good cinematic trailer, Bioware is the best. Good Job with trailer!

• Darth_PeteDarth_Pete Member Posts: 559
    Originally posted by Fed1

Originally posted by Darth_Pete

So when is the gameplay video coming up? Can someone give ETA on it in hours? I know it is going online wednesday but with time differences from where I am and all that crap it would be easier if someone just said ETA in hours like 27 hours to go.

If I did all the calculations right, the TOR presentation will start in about 32 hours. 

It's scheduled to start at 3PM in LA, which is PDT. That's 2200 in UTC/GMT. For all who can make sense of it. XD

It starts at 12:30PM in LA - Which is about 28 hours from this post.

Link to info /video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/

Thanks for the info. ;)

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Jezus ... that must have costed more than the development of an average f2p mmorpg.

Very nice trailer. Quite filled with awesomeness.

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

That was undoubtably one of the best cinematics that I've ever seen.

I can't wait to see what the gameplay footage looks like; but to be honest it would have to be spectacularly crappy in order to dull my sense of anticipation for this game; I dread to think what might happen if the game is an absolute failure when launched; I don't think the genre could take another huge disappointment like AoC, WAR or Darkfall. It would only be a matter of time before some enterprising company starts selling a USB powered automatic self-harming device targetted specifically for the MMO gamer.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by Distaste
    The whole announcement was MEH for me. Whoopie! Voice overs for the D students that got pushed through high school. Unlike them I can read!
    MMO's are either good or bad based on the systems behind them, not their sound effects. I generally turn off most of the sound ingame to talk on vent, listen to music, listen/half watch TV.
    The trailer was awesome though but you CANNOT judge a game on a cinematic. Give me gameplay footage and systems explanations and then we are talking.

Then you should consider NOT playing this game IMO..The Voice overs are for immersion and mood building, naturally It has to be done well..

Look at Mass Effect as an example..Bioware are experts at this..