Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For RECENT Views on This Game..

ConfettiConfetti Member Posts: 167

I played Lineage I for a year and loved it to death. Since then, I watched the development of Lineage II happen, and wished that I could get my hands on it. Unfortuantly, I had to go off to school, and it ruined my chances, as well as my pathectic laptop that I could barely run games like Graal on. I knew I would of skipped classes to play it, or approach the game in all the wrong directions. It would swallow my life.

Recently, I have the opportunity to snag this game I have longed awaited for. I have a job and the parents buying me a brilliant gaming laptop in exchange for the worthless one i'm typing on now. I needed to pick a game to go along with it. The first thing that came to mind was actually FFXI, or EverQuest 2. Lineage II had left my mind completely for months. Until days ago, I was reminded about how much I wanted to play it. I remembered my ex-boyfriend telling me how much the game was the best thing he had ever seen before.

I was and still am excited. However, it occured to me as I was reading reviews after reviews that an onslaught of people couldn't stand this game. It looked absolutly stunning to me, everything I ever wanted. Since the release of this game in April 2004, I was going through reviews written in June, July, very early months. A brand new game, and of course everyone is going to complain about something.

What i'm looking for, is very recent views on the game. I'm sick of reading reviews months and months and months ago, where they could have made a possible change. I'm also sick of reading through hundreds of insults towards the game, where to me, I still find it very much appealing.

Thanks for any help what-so-ever. And sorry if I sound very negative. =/  <3 Fustration. xx;

Comments

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by Confetti

I played Lineage I for a year and loved it to death. Since then, I watched the development of Lineage II happen, and wished that I could get my hands on it. Unfortuantly, I had to go off to school, and it ruined my chances, as well as my pathectic laptop that I could barely run games like Graal on. I knew I would of skipped classes to play it, or approach the game in all the wrong directions. It would swallow my life.
    Recently, I have the opportunity to snag this game I have longed awaited for. I have a job and the parents buying me a brilliant gaming laptop in exchange for the worthless one i'm typing on now. I needed to pick a game to go along with it. The first thing that came to mind was actually FFXI, or EverQuest 2. Lineage II had left my mind completely for months. Until days ago, I was reminded about how much I wanted to play it. I remembered my ex-boyfriend telling me how much the game was the best thing he had ever seen before.
    I was and still am excited. However, it occured to me as I was reading reviews after reviews that an onslaught of people couldn't stand this game. It looked absolutly stunning to me, everything I ever wanted. Since the release of this game in April 2004, I was going through reviews written in June, July, very early months. A brand new game, and of course everyone is going to complain about something.
    What i'm looking for, is very recent views on the game. I'm sick of reading reviews months and months and months ago, where they could have made a possible change. I'm also sick of reading through hundreds of insults towards the game, where to me, I still find it very much appealing.
    Thanks for any help what-so-ever. And sorry if I sound very negative. =/  <3 Fustration. xx;

Hi, there :)

The game is Da RoCk !!! I think this one still comes on Top of its own league. I can only imagine what successive chronicles still have to offer....let's see what we've already got: striders, racing, siege war, arena, .....

Now, when the programmers like to say "The Child is piece of clay", and they view themselves as potter's wheel, all you've got remaining to say is a YES.

At any level, understand that if you are going to play by the rule, it is always wise to go through the established link of chain and show from the very beginning your ability to identify yourself with like minded individuals.

There is nothing trivial about the rule of this game. The only thing that stand between you and your enjoyment is your understanding of this game and your willingness to respond to what a given circumstance might subject you to.

Everythings are on the table. Sometimes, people use different semantics to pronounciate their preference as a service to their self-projected ego. But things tend not to remain that trivial for long.

I'm wired in a way that I rarely go by other's way of thinking much less I don't need someone else to tell my own story for me.

I usually don't confront things that happen in game when I'm in my own course of sorting things out, but when I finished sorting, and the matter at hand becomes clear, I usually go to "dissociative" state to handle the case in hand, it usually takes in the form of merciless PK.

Now all I've given to you is just my "view", I'm not in business imposing my own "view" on others.

If it's detail of this game that you are searching for there are ton of sites that you can check out.

BTW I'm lvl 52 A.W. clan master on server Erica.

• RvcaRvca Member UncommonPosts: 8

I have heard, read, and seen things about L1 and L2 and it looked great. And the fact that most of the game was based on PvP really caught my attention because that's what I like in a game.

So I decided to buy it and try it out, I only have played for about one hour so far but it's pretty fun. The Graphics, Sound, Interface, and Controls are great and easy. Though if your thing is customization, you're out of luck. There are many people playing the game, yet it doesn't get crowded. You can still get away from all the people and go hunt on your own.

If you're willling to pay 12-15 bucks a month depending on the plan you choose, I would say it's worth it. I just haven't gotten deep into the game, or Strong yet.

If you send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is..

• boomixboomix Member Posts: 59

"The game is Da RoCk !!! I think this one still comes on Top of its own league. I can only imagine what successive chronicles still have to offer....let's see what we've already got: striders, racing, siege war, arena, ....."

The game is DA SUCK! If your thing is anime style pron you're in luck. Game is mindless time-sink. Let me see. They release Alpha version as retail. Then upgraded to beta then to C1 and now to C2. I know I was there for 4-5 months.

They have striders that you get at level 75 ie max level(unless it has been changesd). Which takes what as that? Oh yea 50+ days at 20 hours of grinding. What a Korean couple did.  Many other games had racing on launch day. Siege wars is not exclusive to L2 mostly it turns into a wallpaper(it did in early days of siege), arena? nothing new really....

Game is an eyecandy-timesink-mindless-numbing-adena-farmer-dealing idiocy. Higher clans protect adena farmers because they get a cut. Which is all part of L2 politics. Penalties are ok BUT system caters to griefers.

I've left that game after a huge dispute with their support staff over few key issues. I've oppenly called them greedy-#$#-Bi#$#S....

Enjoy the game.

boomix

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

if you like that game, just dont bother about what people said, I like the game too, it is just different compare to other MMORPG.

• TENPINN0TENPINN0 Member Posts: 21
    I enjoyed the game for the few months i played it, infact i am also thinking of coming back to it. The only thing currently putting me off is the insane amount of Adena that items cost and im not willing to buy adena from ebay etc because i think that destroys the game and also if its actually possible to have fun without buying your adena first, to me farming isnt all to much funimage. Sorry to hijack the thread like this but i wouldnt mind some feedback on it image.

• natasnatas Member Posts: 135
    I quit because i dont speak CHINESEimage

Mooooo™

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by natas
    I quit because i dont speak CHINESEimage

LOL image

Satan, give it a rest will ya~~ ??

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

The game really has some serious flaws. I'm sure you've read about the adena farmers and the grind, and the fact is, the flaws haven't been fixed. This is just a sub-par game compared to others on the market. I would suggest looking into a new game.