Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: TOR TRAILER! Watch it NOW!

Comments

• inferno89inferno89 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by TheGrim55

Just Amazing. WoW killer is here?

What a ridiculous statement. I'm a WoW hater, yet you can't just say this is a WoW killer based off an awesome cinematic trailer. WoW had a fantastic cinematic trailer, as did all it's expansions and even Warhammer Online's trailer and intro movie is sweet as. Did WAR turn out to be a WoW killer? I'll let you answer that one...

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

It's a nice trailer still the end of the duel could have been better with an open ending than this closed one.

They should have made it so the Jedi fell off from very high; grabbing either the saber of the Sith or a part of a personal effect and leaving his saber on the ground.

As it would be very high the Sith could not check if the jedi survived (most likely not) still leaving him victorious but letting a small door open that'll tickle the Sith. Someone might even exploit this weakness.

Making him die only closes many doors for quite nothing.

The fall of the Jedi would have put an emphasis on the fall of the Jedis and so the Republic but it would have left the opportunity to rise again, that you can't do with the corpse of a dead person.

Anyway nice trailer, even better than clone wars

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

pretty freaking good trailer. cant wait to see the ingame stuff.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by Deewe

It's a nice trailer still the end of the duel could have been better with an open ending than this closed one.

They should have made it so the Jedi fell off from very high; grabbing either the saber of the Sith or a part of a personal effect and leaving his saber on the ground.
    As it would be very high the Sith could not check if the jedi survived (most likely not) still leaving him victorious but letting a small door open that'll tickle the Sith. Someone might even exploit this weakness.
    Making him die only closes many doors for quite nothing.
    The fall of the Jedi would have put an emphasis on the fall of the Jedis and so the Republic but it would have left the opportunity to rise again, that you can't do with the corpse of a dead person.

Anyway nice trailer, even better than clone wars

"The Old Republic" empasis on the "OLD"

Originally posted by aleos

"The Old Republic" empasis on the "OLD"

Good one :p

I see we agree on one point: game  for kiddies. Sad.

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827

Cinematic trailers have to be good, they're meant to sell the product and make you drool. That being said, this one was particularly well done (though a little short). Though as posted on the Gametrailers site in the comments section, "EH. They could of just bombed the whole place from orbit in a few seconds; however, somehow that's not as cinematic." Hehe.

On another note, it was just a typical "Evil is cool, come to the Dark Side because we have scarred guys with ventilators, crashing ships, Bounty Hunters, and cookies!" promo trailer.

Originally posted by Bruticus_XI

Cinematic trailers have to be good, they're meant to sell the product and make you drool. That being said, this one was particularly well done (though a little short). Though as posted on the Gametrailers site in the comments section, "EH. They could of just bombed the whole place from orbit in a few seconds; however, somehow that's not as cinematic." Hehe.
    On another note, it was just a typical "Evil is cool, come to the Dark Side because we have scarred guys with ventilators, crashing ships, Bounty Hunters, and cookies!" promo trailer.

Good analysis!

Even the trailer was "cast" in a single place.

For exemple I like better how Blizzard did for WoW first one (not sure for the others)

You where seeing different places and characters but at the same time they felt connected and also made you feel you could be one of the characters being shown.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by tillamook

Originally posted by stillkillin

Originally posted by Scalebane

can anyone say bioware failed? i guess i will bioware failed
    tor looked boring and stupid it looked like a sci-fi world of warcraft rather then what it should be a star wars game
    and it's still class based and oh yay i can hear npcs talking lame
    i have a better idea bioware why don't you give us gamers what we really want with tor that being 32+ professions that can be mixed and matched an open world with lots of player crafting and pvp battlefields
    oh wait i believe that is swg pre-cu the game everyone wants back

We had SWG, it was good times and now it's done, most of us have moved on, now we have TOR.

You want pre-cu? Go play the F'n emu, or if you want sandbox go play Second life and stop complaing about a game you don't like. Nothing is holding you back.

you don't get it do you

us swg vets lost our game cuz $OE wanted to try and make wow in space we told them it would fail and it failed and now we are owed a star wars mmo game and bioware stepped up to the plate and rather then do what us real gamers want bioware is trying to do wow in space 2.0

every gamer should be demanding bioware return the pre-cu to gamers everwhere

sorry dude, your battle is with SOE, not Bioware.   Bioware doesn't owe anyone anything except a hopefully good game.

Seriously man, They are making their vision of Star Wars, accept it or find something else.

no i wont and me and 250k of my friends won't

bioware will give us a pre-cu tor or well you have seen what 250k of us did to swg and $OE

LMFAO. Are you serious? what rock you been under? hahahahahahahahahahahaha. There are maybe like 50 who actually give a crap, soon you will see that I'm correct. What server you play on in SWG? I'll prove it, you are in the minority now.

tillamook wtf man?

you used to be one of the best posters about why pre-cu needs to come back why $OE and the fanbois and fanbots fail and now you are turning into one of them

we both know this is going to turn into another lame boring class based mmo and end up on the lamebox 360

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by CrazyIvanov

Originally posted by dark-merlin

I was much more impressed by Darkfall's Alpha video than this cinematic hogwash.

I cant believe so many of you themeparkers believe "omg this game will be awesome" from a CGI movie, just boggles my mind.

Show me CGI as an intro and the rest (90%) ingame footage, running around, fighting, PVE whatever. That will impress me...

Notice I didnt say the game sucks, it will be good probably although not my flavor (FFA PVP). But i'm just amused from the praises you guys throw around "omg this is best EVA omgomgomg!!!" from watching CGI.

Perhaps i'm just insane, lost my edge prolly thinking that....

Most of what I have seen was people complimenting BioWare on the Trailer, some have claimed the game will be amazing after watching the trailer (which is common with any MMO to release a CGI trailer *Cough* WAR, AoC).  Also the information that was given probably caused more belief the game will be simply amazing. Fully voiced being a major one.

As for your remark about Darkfall alpha being more impressive.  Thats rather silly considering there website remains the same, it shows no dedication toward there own game. Whether you think so or not, seeing 20 or so people and 2 representatives/devs whatever they are, dressed up as jedi just to for a preview of there trailer shows a lot of dedication towards this project in my eyes.

And the story going into it. Now we know, the Sith really just don't give a f**ck, they will do anything, including destroying a ship to get into the Jedi Temple. That was straight badass shit right thur.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498
    Originally posted by DeaconX

I hope you guys watched it... because the TOR cinematic trailer was the MOST INCREDIBLE piece of Star Wars  think I have ever seen!

Agree, and what a great setup for an MMO - let's hope they deliver.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095

This trailer is representative of the quality programming for which Bioware is famous.  I have no reason to believe that this kind of quality workmanship won't be saturated into the game.  Unlike some companies, Bioware really does care about it's reputation.  Reputation really does sell a product and they know it.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• CrazyIvanovCrazyIvanov Member Posts: 21

k of us did to swg and $OE

LMFAO. Are you serious? what rock you been under? hahahahahahahahahahahaha. There are maybe like 50 who actually give a crap, soon you will see that I'm correct. What server you play on in SWG? I'll prove it, you are in the minority now.

tillamook wtf man?

you used to be one of the best posters about why pre-cu needs to come back why $OE and the fanbois and fanbots fail and now you are turning into one of them

we both know this is going to turn into another lame boring class based mmo and end up on the lamebox 360

I don't think you are use to seeing people finally understanding why Galaxies does not need to come back.

I don't understand what you are saying "lamebox 360" do you just hate anything that is labeled a success? If so I guess ToR will do very well. Oh and do you remember when SWG said they was moving to console and never delivered. Is that why you see it as a Lamebox?

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

can anyone say bioware failed? i guess i will bioware failed
    tor looked boring and stupid it looked like a sci-fi world of warcraft rather then what it should be a star wars game
    and it's still class based and oh yay i can hear npcs talking lame
    i have a better idea bioware why don't you give us gamers what we really want with tor that being 32+ professions that can be mixed and matched an open world with lots of player crafting and pvp battlefields
    oh wait i believe that is swg pre-cu the game everyone wants back

We had SWG, it was good times and now it's done, most of us have moved on, now we have TOR.

You want pre-cu? Go play the F'n emu, or if you want sandbox go play Second life and stop complaing about a game you don't like. Nothing is holding you back.

you don't get it do you

us swg vets lost our game cuz $OE wanted to try and make wow in space we told them it would fail and it failed and now we are owed a star wars mmo game and bioware stepped up to the plate and rather then do what us real gamers want bioware is trying to do wow in space 2.0

every gamer should be demanding bioware return the pre-cu to gamers everwhere

Losers don't move on.  BTW, nobody owes you a star wars mmo.  TOW will do much better without you.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Vrazule

This trailer is representative of the quality programming for which Bioware is famous.  I have no reason to believe that this kind of quality workmanship won't be saturated into the game.  Unlike some companies, Bioware really does care about it's reputation.  Reputation really does sell a product and they know it.

Having met both Ray and Greg as well as some of the BioWare Edmonton folk, I can totally agree.  The people there are so driven for quality and 'setting new bars'.

For everyone who is worried that this is just a CGI flashbomb, just wait until we see 20-30 minutes of gameplay on Wednesday.  I follow the game a little too much hehe, but I know my confidence in BioWare and TOR is well placed because I keep pretty informed.

But don't take my word, just watch on Wednesday and judge for yourselves :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• SillverSillver Member Posts: 18

The weapons and sabers seemed to be scaled naturally in the cinematic.

Maybe they could have made them a bit larger to draw more attention to them.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Wycliffe

Thing I liked best about the video was watching the mandalorian chick kick ass. Reason? Further supports my theory mandalorians WILL be a playable class. If so, i'm preordering CE.

Pretty sure she was a Bounty Hunter.  Whether Mandos are playable or not remains to be seen.  Even if you can't, just role play it.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Sillver

The weapons and sabers seemed to be scaled naturally in the cinematic.
    Maybe they could have made them a bit larger to draw more attention to them.

Hahaha UGH.. don't get me started - I'm still not very sold on this 'epic proportions for player models/weapons' artstyle at all... it's the worst thing about SWTOR in my opinion so far.  Character creation seems like it's pretty weak at this point.  I'd rather have something more like APB's incredible character creation tool... but hey I guess we'll have to see what BioWare really does with character creation.  Aftar all, the HeroEngine is capable of pretty awesome stuff: http://www.heroengine.com/character-systems

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

the chick was a bounty hunter

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

One of the best trailers I have seen for an MMO. Unfortunately i thought Warhammer had a good trailer too. Just hope they don't invest too much time and money into trailers and feel like they have to rush to meet a financial/ time frame goal.

Does Sanya know if there is a real reason other than hyping the game for these AAA trailers? 

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

Cool, this had nothing to do with actual game play.  Call me when something related to what I'll be playing is shown.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by dstar.

Cool, this had nothing to do with actual game play.  Call me when something related to what I'll be playing is shown.

There's supposed to be a gameplay demo Wednesday.  We're hearing 20-30 minutes long.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by inferno89

What a ridiculous statement. I'm a WoW hater, yet you can't just say this is a WoW killer based off an awesome cinematic trailer. WoW had a fantastic cinematic trailer, as did all it's expansions and even Warhammer Online's trailer and intro movie is sweet as. Did WAR turn out to be a WoW killer? I'll let you answer that one...

Oh come on! It may be premature to say, but a bit enthusiasm isnt so wrong. At least it WILL make Blizz a bit uneasy by now, I am sure. What wrong with a little bit wishful thinking? ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by inferno89

Oh come on! It may be premature to say, but a bit enthusiasm isnt so wrong. At least it WILL make Blizz a bit uneasy by now, I am sure. What wrong with a little bit wishful thinking? ^^

Wishful thinking is fine. I think people are sick of hearing "OMG WoW Killa!" for every new title slated to come out.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I still can't get over how awesome that trailer was! Everyone talks about how a "certain company " can't be challenged or do no wrong "but now, finally, we have returned! " Say hello to Bioware :) I really do hope this game will be great for all fans and anyone who wants join in. )

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

Yes, that was amazing.  One of the coolest cinematics for a game I've ever seen.  Two thumbs up...WAY up!