Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class will you Play

Jeffery.hJeffery.h Darkfall CorrespondentMember Posts: 110

Not the kinda poll you would think...... But makes sense to me.

Comments

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538

good one.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

This isn't going to turn out like some think. Not everyone wants to fling a glowstick.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

just so you know "Jedi" is not a faction like sith is.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Honestly, every class.  Since every class will have it's OWN story, I intend on trying them all.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

Mandalorian

• segynsegyn Member Posts: 234

Bounty hunter or smuggler. can't totally decide yet. 

• veritas_Xveritas_X Member Posts: 393
    Originally posted by ktanner3

This isn't going to turn out like some think. Not everyone wants to fling a glowstick.

Not everyone of the hardcore audience on this site perhaps, but the vast majority of SW fans world wide care only for Jedi.  It was that way in SWG, its that way in all the single-player games (with the exception of maybe the Xwing series), and its that way in nearly all of the EU fiction.

SW = Jedi to most people, which is unfortunate because it could be much more than that, but never will be due to sales numbers.

Regardless, looking forward to the game.

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by veritas_X

Not everyone of the hardcore audience on this site perhaps, but the vast majority of SW fans world wide care only for Jedi.  It was that way in SWG, its that way in all the single-player games (with the exception of maybe the Xwing series), and its that way in nearly all of the EU fiction.

SW = Jedi to most people, which is unfortunate because it could be much more than that, but never will be due to sales numbers.

Could be true, but that's actually OK in this game - in the time period of the old republic, there are large armies of Jedi and Sith.  Battles might look similar to the trailer, with lots of Jedi and Sith backed by a handful of other types of fighters.  I expect Bioware will design the game with the popularity of playing a Jedi or Sith in mind.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

In the pen and paper SW RPG, there was a "Force Adept".  Will there be anything like that in this one?  If so, then that's what I'd pick.  You get some force powers, but you aren't as restricted as a Jedi would be.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

female whatever the closet thing to a mid to dark jedi counsillar is.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• jackman1118jackman1118 Member Posts: 288

whatever the counter class to jedi is, because nobody is going to be the counter to the counter class. EZ mode pvp if they make a class specifically for killing jedi. Im not a star wars fan but I believe thats a bounty hunter right? I feel really bad for the classes that are weak towards jedi because they will have no sucess.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

I'm going to roll every class, play through every classes campaign then Unsub and wait for new Gamepacks for new class adventures.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

still hoping for melee droid :o probably wont happen tho..

for all we know tor still gona be linear single player online.. thus resulting in most of us not playing it

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Smikis

for all we know tor still gona be linear single player online.. thus resulting in most of us not playing it

Speak for yourself I'm hoping its exactly like guildwars. I already have a sandbox to play.

Epic campaigns with automated partners, im good I just hope every campaign is as large as the first Kotro MMO then I'll be happy.

I'm looking forward to something different.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

I'll start off as a Light Jedi. If the story is good enough, I'll roll other characters and play through the different stories. If the story is mediocre, I'll see what the end game has to offer. If the end game is an endless grind or gear treadmill(anything resembling WoW), I'll quit. So basically, the better the game is, the more classes I'll be playing.

But I'm sure that I'll think the story is awesome just because it is Star Wars and I eat anything Star Wars up.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

waiting for more info before i decide

though BH for life is hard to break ;)

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498

First character, definitely, Bounty Hunter.  At some point I can see trying a Sith or something but BH all the way, just like the good ole' days on Valcyn.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498
    Originally posted by veritas_X

I think the early days of SWG disprove what you are saying to some degree, even the later days too.  What made Jedi in SWG the end all be all was that they where an alpha class, so easily superior to any other class.  That, and other things, is what killed the game.  I don't see BioWare being so stupid as SOE was, or whoring out and alpha class to avoid cancels in lieu of fixing issues.  I think there will be a myriad of viable classes and dare I say, balance.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

I know the poll is showing most will want to play a class other then Jedi, but the fact is about 80% of the population will be Jedi.  This is the main reason I will play another class like BH or Smuggler.  I also did this in SWG, because I refused to be like everyone else and play a Jedi.   I rather be semi unique

• xxpeddyxxxxpeddyxx Member Posts: 52

Definitely a Troll Warrior.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I wish they kinda used the original system that swg used where people had to accomplish a lot of ingame activities before unlocking the jedi class.  Oh well.  And yea, im going to be a jedi or sith :O

Sorry cant help it.  Im just starting to read the star wars novels and anything regarding luke or mara jade is the most exciting.

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551
    Originally posted by TheHavok

I wish they kinda used the original system that swg used where people had to accomplish a lot of ingame activities before unlocking the jedi class.  Oh well.  And yea, im going to be a jedi or sith :O
    Sorry cant help it.  Im just starting to read the star wars novels and anything regarding luke or mara jade is the most exciting.

That was epic failure because they told everyone how to unlock jedi with the stupid holocron's and then removed perma death to appease all the cry babies, which eventualy led to the NGE where everyone could be a Jedi.

Alpha classes never work in a MMO because if your put restrictions on them people will cry to have the restrictons removed.  The more restrictions they remove the less powerful the alpha class has to be as more people keep getting them.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Bounty Hunter...Jedi's are nice and all but i've always leaned towards the Bounty Hunter/ Smuggler types...but i'm mostly leaning towards Bounty Hunter.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Starwars is all about the balance between the two forces which is maintained by the smuggler who ultimately saves the world against all enemies.. Yarr its the smuggler toon for me.

• Thoth11Thoth11 Member Posts: 17

Sith and Jedi.

Although there are a handful of others I would like to try...aw, everyone! LOL.