Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone just see the new SW:TOR cinematic trailer from E3?

Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

holy crap...that was pretty freakin awesome. I wasn't really looking at the game all that much, but now I think I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on it.

If anyone can get a video of it...please post it.

EDIT: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49936

Let the nerdgasming commence

Thanks latinus!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

Comments

• latinuslatinus Member UncommonPosts: 19

I saw it and was speechless :)

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757

It was a very nice trailer.

Really enjoyable to watch.

• gruminatorgruminator Member Posts: 141

yup, saw it.

looked bloody awesome.

would be nice to know when we can play it :)

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

Seriously though...if someone could find a video of it...post it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Where can i wtch this trailer if i wanted at e3...

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

I got goosebumps when the star wars music kicked on knowing exactly what was coming up next. I can honestly say that I have not seen a single tralier better then this one and woot their are playing it again right now rofl.

EDIT

Ok that was epic again. If bioware follows through I do think that this could challenge WoW in at least NA and Europe.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149

I agree it was awesome. I'm hoping this is the Star Wars mmo that I was hoping Galaxies would be!

• Wookiee6648Wookiee6648 Member Posts: 131

Best trailer of the whole thing.... and yes E3 just started but nothing will beat SW:ToR   =o)

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

I saw it live on G4. That was frickin' EPIC! Can not wait for this game. It will pwn alll online and offline games.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

Star Wars as an IP died for me since Ewoks and I just don't understand why they keep turning Star Wars into Jedi wars all the time cause allt he video did was show loads of Jedi fighting eachother lame Clone Wars style. Not to mention the animation was stiff and crappy, I mean Valve did much better animations using their In game Source Engine with Meet the Spy.

Disappointed really.

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

That trailer was just absolutely amazing, probably one of the best peices of Star Wars I've seen. Too bad I won't enjoy the gameplay mechanics of the MMO. :(

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• Wookiee6648Wookiee6648 Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

Star Wars as an IP died for me since Ewoks and I just don't understand why they keep turning Star Wars into Jedi wars all the time cause allt he video did was show loads of Jedi fighting eachother lame Clone Wars style. Not to mention the animation was stiff and crappy, I mean Valve did much better animations using their In game Source Engine with Meet the Spy.
    Disappointed really.

1) The force is not with you.   2) you need a new graphics card bub.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Saw it and found it impressive..

I still know absolutely very little about the game itself. Some gameplay would've been nice or a hint of a release timeframe.

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

I was trying to keep my expectations low with the recent MMO disappointments and this trailer is not making it easy for me

• donaldduckdonaldduck Member UncommonPosts: 158

When an MMO can actually have that sort of action and intensity IN GAME then I'll start taking these CGI movies seriously, until then I don't consider them to be any more than diversive fluff.

• Rodnee42Rodnee42 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Wookiee6648

Disappointed really.

your right the force isn't with him , but it hasn't been with any one for a very long time.

Remember LA is part of that game which mean WOW clone combat.

So enjoy the WOW clone. I wont be.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Yes it is "just" a cinematic. BUT: With the TOR concept of Stories, we can hope to see some of them. Either way, Blizzard became famous with their grand cinematics, and it is a great way to create a mood for a game.

I am sure at least now some folks at Blizzard are starting to get a bit nervous, hehe.

Great flick! :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

Why don't everyone just slow down. I believe on Wed they will be showing actual gameplay footage and will also introduce the smuggler class as well.

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112
    Originally posted by Rodnee42

Originally posted by Wookiee6648

Disappointed really.

So enjoy the WOW clone. I wont be.

Who cares

• whatamidoingwhatamidoing Member Posts: 163

That trailer was hardcore man. Very nice. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the actual game is like. I'm not worried though...

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

The trailer was amazing. I seriously got goose bumps. However, a cinematic trailer is not the actual game. While the trailer was absolutely fantastic, I hope that the actual game play is at least half as action packed as the trailer.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

www.youtube.com/watch

yt link if anyone wanted it.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• veritas_Xveritas_X Member Posts: 393

Disappointed really.

Not a fan of Jedi either, in fact I find them to be fairly cliche and will be playing a smuggler just as I did in SWG for five years.  That said, Bioware nailed the spirit of the SW with that cinematic.  Even though I usually yawn at the sight of a lightsaber, the production values alone were enough to get me reasonably excited for the game.

• blackwolf82blackwolf82 Member Posts: 79

Hmm yeah it was a good video but WoW had good videos too and... yeah... Vids don't tell do much beyond exciting the imagination into a false sense of anticipation.

If I can have dual flamethrowers attached to my wrists and a jet pack then I'd be giddy, otherwise meh.

Go boring lightsabres....