Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape best game ever?????

2»

Comments

  • b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Blissey


    My goodness, where have you been during the past 5 years? there are alot of MMORPG alternatives and opportunities aside from that rotting stinkhole that obviously hasn't seen any major improvement ever since. Give Guildwars a try or for the complex MMORPG enthusiast, give Eternal Realms a try. I myself play WoW. It's not that expensive, if you have a job.

     

    Im sorry but not many Improvements. Um where have you been. Everything from game play to graphics have been improved. Also WoW not being very expensive! There is the $20 for the game and $15 per month ouch! Guildwars and ER are both good games ,but in my opinion Runescape is much better.

  • demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

    If you think runescape is better than guild wars you need to get out more or stop considering yourself an mmo gamer.

  • BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

    It was a decent game before Jagex resorted to Communism and removed the wilderness.  Now it is just garbage.

  • almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658
    Originally posted by b2i12


     
    Im sorry but not many Improvements. Um where have you been. Everything from game play to graphics have been improved. Also WoW not being very expensive! There is the $20 for the game and $15 per month ouch! Guildwars and ER are both good games ,but in my opinion Runescape is much better.

    I saw this and new I had to check your profile to check the age. Now I understand your point of view and agree with it. Your point of view may change when you get a bit older like mine did though. My step-bro is 15 as well and was in love with RS since he was 12ish(when I intoduced him). I just got him the GW Trilogy and he doesnt seem interested in RS anymore. To each there own.

    -Almerel

    Hello my old friend.

  • BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by b2i12

    Originally posted by Blissey


    My goodness, where have you been during the past 5 years? there are alot of MMORPG alternatives and opportunities aside from that rotting stinkhole that obviously hasn't seen any major improvement ever since. Give Guildwars a try or for the complex MMORPG enthusiast, give Eternal Realms a try. I myself play WoW. It's not that expensive, if you have a job.

     

    Im sorry but not many Improvements. Um where have you been. Everything from game play to graphics have been improved. Also WoW not being very expensive! There is the $20 for the game and $15 per month ouch! Guildwars and ER are both good games ,but in my opinion Runescape is much better.

     

    Much better when it comes to wide scale compability or speed, but other than that, it's a shame of an MMORPG. This coming from a veteran.

  • SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Blissey

    Much better when it comes to wide scale compability or speed, but other than that, it's a shame of an MMORPG. This coming from a veteran.

     

    I give that a QFT.

    Is b1i12 being paid to advertise runescape? Because that's what it looks like he's doing, anyway. I can understand a positive review; we all have our dislikes and likes, but this guy is somthin else.

    image

  • b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Simiswimm

    Originally posted by Blissey

    Much better when it comes to wide scale compability or speed, but other than that, it's a shame of an MMORPG. This coming from a veteran.

     

    I give that a QFT.

    Is b1i12 being paid to advertise runescape? Because that's what it looks like he's doing, anyway. I can understand a positive review; we all have our dislikes and likes, but this guy is somthin else.

     

    Um First of all You spelled my username wrong its, b2i12. Second of all I am just a avid supporter of Runescape and its community. Runescape is in desperate need of a revival and me and several other veterans who still play are taking on that very challenge. Shame on people who feel the need who need to critize and insult anybody who thinks differently than them.

  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,342

           Sorry but I ahve always considered Runescape to be the worst MMO experience I ever had....It was teh only game where I had to completely shut off all chat channels because there was so much swearing and just plain stupid chat........The community was flat out awful........The graphics also rate dead last of all MMOs I have ever played (with FFXI a close 2nd)..... THe community was so bad that it completely ruined whatever enjoyment there was in the game.....Anyone that thinks this is the best game has either never played another game or has serious bad taste in gaming.........I think people just post these  "runescape is the best game ever" threads just to annoy everyone else.

  • b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Theocritus 


           Sorry but I ahve always considered Runescape to be the worst MMO experience I ever had....It was teh only game where I had to completely shut off all chat channels because there was so much swearing and just plain stupid chat........The community was flat out awful........The graphics also rate dead last of all MMOs I have ever played (with FFXI a close 2nd)..... THe community was so bad that it completely ruined whatever enjoyment there was in the game.....Anyone that thinks this is the best game has either never played another game or has serious bad taste in gaming.........I think people just post these  "runescape is the best game ever" threads just to annoy everyone else.

     

    I am not claiming it to be the "best game ever". I am saying it is a very good game that is in dire need of new managment. Also the graphics have greatly improved; espicialy if you play at the best settings available.

     

    There is no need to insult people for liking this game. You have just as much right to your opinion about Runescape as they do.

    ***  "Anyone that thinks this is the best game has either never played another game or has serious bad taste in gaming"  *****

     

  • BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

    ----------------

    Jagex Office

    ---------------

    Bob: Hey there Tom hows it going?

    Tom: We are about to down Illidan In Black Temple!

    Bob: Shouldnt You be working on the new runescape Language filters?, Dont forget you gota block out the words Hi,me,love,money,Basicly every word in the world..

    Tom: Yeah Yeah Ill get on it... [Mumbles to self]: Pfft panzy bitch go play WoW. 

  • TYXLTYXL Member Posts: 3

    I have played runescape for 3-4 years (with some breaks between).

    Some old school runescape players may know me as TYXL_BE. (I used to be ranked top 1000)

    I' ve enjoyed this game a lot back at the old days. But now with the trade limit and the wilderness being removed I think it's time to find a new game. (i've quitted just before they removed the wildy and just after the grand exchange update).

    The last mayor update i really liked was the godwars dungeon.

    But i got irritated by all the "noob"-updates and quests they brought into the game.

    My overall review:(you 'll notice i like to compare with wow)

    I loved the veriety of skills. 20+ skills that you can train all to the limit was really awesome for an MMORPG. (even most of  them or even all of them are grinding, it felt different and you could switch between them. In my opion is silkroad or archlord much more grinding and boring then runescape.

    Secondly the graphics are really terrible but i liked the lwo detail still more at the end then the new high detail with better graphics. The gameplay just seemed to be more fun...

    Quests are also one of the things runescape is on top of ALL MMORPG's (especially for beginners and low levels). You can't level op from lvl 3 to 126 with just doing quests like yuo can in other games like WOW. But the quests offer a nice guide through the HUGE map of runescape. A lot fo WOW fans will probebly tell me WOW has a really huge world. But oh well you can get from 1 to 80 in 2 weeks and you have seen all of it (except the raids). Runescape will take much longer to explore the full area, find more efficient techniques to level up, and the leveling up itself is also much slower ... Getting like 1 skill to 99 (out of the 20+ skills) will probebly take longer then getting lvl 80 in wow twice. And yes in wow you have reputation to gain if you really want to have a crazy character but in runescape you can just train a different skill with will acually improve your character and in witch you can compete with other players.

    Finally i think the PK-ing system was much more team based then the raiding system is in WOW. Anny1 can jon your team they don't have to be a healer or a good tank. Everyone is welcome and a help, the moreplayers the more chance you actually gone kick ass! I like that way of teamplay and the way of how you can transform your character in just a minute from archer to magicien to melee is really enjoyable. Always being a healer or tank (in wow) or always a ranger or mage (in runescape) is /would be boring in my opion. But in runescape you go to the bank change your gear and let's go :) you can play the "class you like" in wow when you are boredplaying your class yuo have to create a new one, make your friends add your new char, etc...

    That's why most wow players have morethen 1 char, and i like it more to just have 1 on witch you can benefit from all your hours of addictive gaming (yes, like all MMORPG's it's very time consuming).

    The worst part in runescape (before pking got removed) is the melee and ranged combat system, they made the magic-based combat system actually more then just clicking your oponent and hope you win. But instead of removing the wilderness they better had improved the melee and ranged combat system. (yes you have special attacks but thoseare weapon bound and very limited becaus of the slow recharge)

     

    bad things about runescape:

    ----------------------------------------

    - graphics

    - melee/ranged combat system

    - they removed the fackign wilderness

    - new trade system

    - skills get a litle boring at high levels ( it's always the same and takes 20+ houres to get one lvl)

    good things about runescape:

    ----------------------------------------

    + A lot of skills to train (witch make the game less boring)

    + A nice questing system (especially for beginners), and clues (some kind of mini quests with may lead to special items)to keep higher levels bussy

    + You can play it on anny computer with internet connection

    + A lot of content / A huge area to explore

    + Back in the days: a great PK-ing system

    + New content released often

     

    So far my "short" review about the game ;)

    PS: sorry for the spellingmistakes :p

    cheers

    TYXL

     

     

Sign In or Register to comment.