Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a heads up: Microsoft Press conference starts in 40 minutes.

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

You can watch it right here:

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/

Gametrailers.com apparently streams it in HD, but I'm not sure how well handle the pressure.

Comments

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

I'm hoping I can download and watch most of the E3 conferences later.  Anyone know where I'll be able to do this?  I'm sure they'll be up somewhere, but I was hoping for em all to be in one spot.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Sabiancym

I'm hoping I can download and watch most of the E3 conferences later.  Anyone know where I'll be able to do this?  I'm sure they'll be up somewhere, but I was hoping for em all to be in one spot.

Gamespot hosts them, I think gametrailers.com will host them as well.

They are quite easy to find online.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Gametrailers.com or G4TV.com will be your best bet for later on; neither have any kind of subscription service to hide the content away to later on like IGN and GameSpot. At least I don't think. Shouldn't be an issue between the first mentioned two though.

• clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

I think I had an acid flashback during the opening cinematic for The Beatles Rock band.

I caught part of it over lunch.  They spent too much time on the Beatles Rockband.  I like the Beatles, but move it along.

That Tony Hawk thing doesn't look like it will work too well.  Seems like every motion controller ever made fails.

I caught part of it over lunch.  They spent too much time on the Beatles Rockband.  I like the Beatles, but move it along.
    That Tony Hawk thing doesn't look like it will work too well.  Seems like every motion controller ever made fails.

I didn't think that too much time could be spent on The Beatles...but, I agree.  My 2 favorite Beatles are dead anyway.

Originally posted by clwoods

I didn't think that too much time could be spent on The Beatles...but, I agree.  My 2 favorite Beatles are dead anyway.

I'm really only a fan of their later......uh.....substance influenced work.  The early stuff isn't the greatest.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, A day in the life., most of Sergeant Pepper and the White album.

I'm really only a fan of their later......uh.....substance influenced work.  The early stuff isn't the greatest.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, A day in the life., most of Sergeant Pepper and the White album.

If you ever feel inclined, check out Rubber Soul and Revolver, if you haven't already.  Both are great albums.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

I forgot to comment on this earlier.

The Tony Hawk interactive skateboard looks idiotic.  Completely idiotic.  He was on Jimmy Fallon's show the other night talking about it.  It sounded idiotic then, but I was hoping it was just because Jimmy Fallon's show is terrible and that it's fail was having a negative influence on my perception.  I see I was wrong to hope for that.

I'd be less angry if I walked in on my wife sleeping with 5 guys than I would be to walk in and see her on that thing.

I forgot to comment on this earlier.

The Tony Hawk interactive skateboard looks idiotic.  Completely idiotic.  He was on Jimmy Fallon's show the other night talking about it.  It sounded idiotic then, but I was hoping it was just because Jimmy Fallon's show is terrible and that it's fail was having a negative influence on my perception.  I see I was wrong to hope for that.

I'd be less angry if I walked in on my wife sleeping with 5 guys than I would be to walk in and see her on that thing.

And how could a piece of gaming hardware penetrate you so emotionally deeply?

Pay it no mind and it'll cost you nothing.

It's nifty, but completely overshadowed by Natal now as a peripheral. I think the board would've had a bigger impact on me two years ago maybe. I'll end up getting a few (if there's multiplayer) for the sake of one more unique thing to play around the living room.

Pretty much a novelty item I don't see any other games or sequels ever using however.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

Definitely will gamefly MGS Rising.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221

once agian microsoft fails to see or understand what us gamers want

we don't want anymore halo it's boring and has been over done

the new tony hawk game looks stupid then again all of those kinds of games suck

racing who cares

alen wake looks boring and is like duke nukem forever it's not coming out

metal gear coming to the 360? i would have cared back in 1999 here in 2009 where mgs4 sucked i don't care

crackdown 2 oh yay another gta rip off that no one liked

cliffy b has a new game no one cares

spinter cell if its on the pc i may play it other then that i wouldn't touch the 360

and now we have this stupid web cam that you can play games with? you don't get it do you m$?

we gamers don't want that useless trash we want good games not the bs you have been force feeding us for the last few years

Originally posted by protoroc

Is the PC is getting that to? lol

Originally posted by Precusor

Nah. Neither the two HALOs, Forza 3 and Crackdown 2. PC is also excluded from the Modern Warfare 2 map pack exclusives unfortunately; 'less some kind of deal is struck with Games for Windows - Live akin to the Fallout III content.

Speaking of, there's a depressing amount of 360 Live enhancements ahead of any enhancement whatsoever of Games for Windows - Live. Makes you wonder if Microsoft completely abandoned the concept of Live Anywhere.

'sides that PC is getting a decent amount of piggyback support, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake. Here's to hoping they actually release on PC at the same time not too disadvantaged by the lack of a good Live service.

I'm a bit mixed on the Tony Hawk thing.

I'm not surprised they came up with this considering that Activisions success with Guitar Hero 3. peripherals sell a lot of copies. While Guitar Hero did a pretty good job at making you feel like you're playing a guitar, I don't think that Skateboard is going to have the same effect. You just don't get the "feedback" when you're on such a board and i don't think the intention is to jump on it or with it. you need quite a bit of room for it as well.

The rest of the Press Conference was great, they showed some great new gameplay footage and announced a good amount of new games.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Precusor

lol no this is microsoft they stopped careing tbaout the pc in order to make the little mtv kiddies happy with the lamebox

btw love your sig

Originally posted by stillkillin

once agian microsoft fails to see or understand what us gamers want
    we don't want anymore halo it's boring and has been over done
    the new tony hawk game looks stupid then again all of those kinds of games suck
    racing who cares
    alen wake looks boring and is like duke nukem forever it's not coming out
    metal gear coming to the 360? i would have cared back in 1999 here in 2009 where mgs4 sucked i don't care
    crackdown 2 oh yay another gta rip off that no one liked
    cliffy b has a new game no one cares
    spinter cell if its on the pc i may play it other then that i wouldn't touch the 360
    and now we have this stupid web cam that you can play games with? you don't get it do you m$?
    we gamers don't want that useless trash we want good games not the bs you have been force feeding us for the last few years

Watch out people, we have a "Real Gamer here"

Microsoft doesn't get it? Sorry friend, you're the one who doesn't get it. Come on, humor me, what franchises should they focus on instead?

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

UBISOFT time.  lets see what they got to deliver.  Its been a good E3 so far.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

Watch UBISOFT here

www.justin.tv/spackul

I can barely follow the Ubisoft guy talking...make it stop...make it stop!! /cry

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

Originally posted by Scalebane

I can barely follow the Ubisoft guy talking...make it stop...make it stop!! /cry

I almost fell asleep after that guy was done talking, and then another guy came on talking just as much and is still talking as I post this.

Way to much talking..

Even a pie chart would be good to illustrate what's going on.

/Facepalm at ubisoft people talking

lol..comedian is bad >.>

- Lewis Thomas