Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couple Questions Regarding Returning to Vana'diel

FlyMastaFlowFlyMastaFlow Member Posts: 21

I read the relook on how much friendlier FFXI apparently is, and I have been contemplating for at least 1 year whether I should go back or not. I quit the day before Aht Urghan came out, I had a 65+ WHM and my BLM and SMN subjobs around 30, all the staves, full AF1, but not that awesome chest gear that gave mana regen, nor cure clogs >< stats aside, I had a character I had built up for at least 2 years (came back at least twice), and would hate for him to be gone.

When I was lvl 62 and I quit for the last time, I had given a friend of mine who had a FFXI account before my account so that I could never go back to it (lol), and I remember visiting him one year and he told me he had gotten to 65. It's been at least 3 years since I heard anything about the game, and I know he doesn't play it any more (he got into WoW and got me into it for a few years too). I just checked around my room and found my old playonline id, my password, my email account, and my email password for playonline. I was wondering if that is all I needed to reactivate my account and get my character back.

Also, with the whole fields of valor thing, is it still extremely difficult to solo with a WHM? I don't mind if he's the worst solo in the game, last time I checked he was, but if it's by a less extreme, than I'll stick with my WHM. I was also wondering about any insight from people who have tried the 360 version, or both the PC and 360 version because I used to own the game for the PS2 and loved it, but my house got robbed about sometime 2 years ago, so I don't have any way to access my old info right away. I just want to know if it's worth it investing into the 360 version since I used to play the PS2 one.

Anything else anyone wants to chip in is very appreciated!

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Since they made a permenant character recovery thing now, you should only need that to get it back pretty much. So long as you didn't delete your character or anything.

FoV does help a lot. At that level though, it would be hard for your WHM to just "solo". There is Campaign and Besieged as alternative ways to get exp besides partying. A WHM shouldn't have trouble getting parties that high up anyhow. Plus, there is Level Sync, so getting invites for almost any level below makes partying that much faster.

The Content ID works across all platforms. I play on PC with a controller and it's great. I hear 360 is great too, with a few problems here and there. I'm sure someone will have something to say about it.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• FlyMastaFlowFlyMastaFlow Member Posts: 21

Thanks for that, I'm a little more relieved now =]

If anyone has any more input please share!

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by FlyMastaFlow

Thanks for that, I'm a little more relieved now =]
    If anyone has any more input please share!

I would suggest not getting the 360 version.  I've heard of way too many instances of the 360 freezing up during Besieged and Campaign and when it does that you lose your experience points you gained so far.  It's not an isolated incident as i've heard it from probably 3-4 dozen people who no longer do besieged or campaign because of it.  I'd reccomend the PC and if you do not like the keyboard controls you can just plug in a 360 Controller and you can use it.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• FlyMastaFlowFlyMastaFlow Member Posts: 21

I feel like I'm in a dilemma ;/ I don't think my hard drive could hold all the stuff for FFXI as it's one of the old ones, and the whole Besieged and Campaign issue is something I want to stray away from.

I installed an old dvd rom from the old Vana'diel collection that brought RotZ and CoP I had bought long ago and I got some error 20008003 or something of the sort and apparently it's a problem with Vista so now I don't know if I can even play it correctly ;/ My comp has 2 G ram and an 8600 GT, so I really wanna use my comp w/ a friend's 360 controller (mine is wireless), but if Vista is gonna be a hassle, I minus well wait for Aion or Champions Online, even though from past experience FFXI can't be compared to much that's out there ; ;

• StalinfalconStalinfalcon Member Posts: 77

LOLOLOL @ Suplyndmnd! Dude, that mithra banner in your sig is just WRONG! Rotflmao!

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

I think one of the ways around it. I think you can just browse the DVD and start the setup from there instead of the auto one. Also, since it's old, you need to get the Vista POL from the playonline website so it'll work. Hope it helps.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil