Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jen'Jidai Guild (RP/PvP/PvE) - The force shall free me

zurualzurual Member Posts: 5

The Most Dangerious of all are the Jedi that fall!

_*Jen'Jidai*_

Fear not the rising of truth and knowledge.

~There will be no dawn for the Jedi.~

--Website --Dogma --Forums

Jen'Jidai

Jen' Jidai was formed in January of 2009 by two of the founding members of Legend-Gaming; *Xenith and Zurual Drahl.*.

Having joined Legend-Gaming in May of 2009, officially, Jen'Jidai hopes to bring back the spirit of the great gaming community by following in the footsteps of the original masterpiece of Hand of Set established by Legend-Gaming in 2006. A string of very bad games has left the community upset with the MMO circuit. But the community, as always, has performed flawlessly by establishing the #1 Pre-game guild in Age of Conan. Hand of Set also went on to become a juggernaut on the server Cimmeria, where it still exists today in extremely potent form. It also established the #1 guild on it's server in Warhammer (Legend), though Warhammer was short lived due to the sad nature of the game.

Jen'Jidai

is a Sith focused RP-PvP guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

The guild is based on the premise of a cult of sith following the path of enlightment. They are seeking a perfect destiny, one which they believe can only be achieved by knowing both sides of the force and destroying all those who seek to limit such knowledge. This cult believes it is doing the work of good. It believes those who seek to limit knowledge (The Jedi) are the true tyrants of the galaxy and the true evil.

It is believed that SW:Tor will offer a variety of optional game play elements;

*PvP, PvE, Roleplaying, space flight, Space battles, and possibly raids*

Jen'Jidai plans to embrace all of these elements. For in our lore, we seek to achieve a perfect destiny. In game, we seek the same ideal. We wish to conquer all the content in a manner befitting the playstyles of *All* our members, rather they be casual, hardcore, or Role-Play focused.

Jen'Jidai is a US based guild.

Our official time zone is Eastern Standard Time. We do, however, accept Europeans if they are able to play on US servers.

Joining

You, as the human player sitting at your computer reading this, must realize and accept that this guild is dark, evil,

and embraces concepts within the game that are abominable in the real world.

These include slavery, murder, bigotry, and basic abhorrent behavior to be expected from zealots.

To apply to Jen'Jidai is to understand and accept this.

"Be warned. This will be a PVP guild full of evil players. Betray us at your own peril."

Comments

• ZenzukaiZenzukai Member Posts: 6

Nice, we only went 'public' like 4 days ago and it seems like I'm seeing our guild everywhere.  This is my first experience with a legend-gaming guild, but so far I really like this group.

• FinLeNinjaFinLeNinja Member Posts: 10

They are among some of the best people in gaming Zen, indeed.

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

As a RP and PvPer myself gonna rply on this and ask a question that may be on others mind's as well.

As a Sith role playing guild, are you making up your own story arc based on your role playing experience, or are you basing your RP story arc from KOTOR's history and  books read ?

Just wanting to know, as I have joined so many--many-- terrible Star Wars role playing guilds, it's not even funny (Sith worshipping a Drow spider god is rediculous).

Also, will it be played as a xenophobic Sith guild during this time?

To answer your question, from my experience we are very lore conscious, in fact Drahl has been reworking our guild lore because after checking with an star wars author, he found it didn't quite fit with canon and is re-writing it so that it has no conflictions with SW canon.  I personally focus more on character study focus of roleplaying, but I do my research and as far as I can tell most others do to.  I'd say we are a very canon friendly guild :)

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

Thank you very much for the reply, I'll be looking into your guild :)

Great, it's always good to get another one of us.... one of us... one of us...

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

Damn sith.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• AntharaAnthara Member Posts: 75

I wished this game kinda escaped the common guild system from most games and simply sticked to some kind of existing factions where players could join or leave by questing or whatever system they would find.

• zurualzurual Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Tonev

As a RP and PvPer myself gonna rply on this and ask a question that may be on others mind's as well.
    As a Sith role playing guild, are you making up your own story arc based on your role playing experience, or are you basing your RP story arc from KOTOR's history and  books read ?

Just wanting to know, as I have joined so many--many-- terrible Star Wars role playing guilds, it's not even funny (Sith worshipping a Drow spider god is rediculous).

Also, will it be played as a xenophobic Sith guild during this time?

Looks like Zen'Zukai got your Question answered pretty well. But I'll elaborate a bit.

First and foremost, we are a lore centric guild. As such, I will be sticking as close to officla Star Wars canon as is physically possible. This does not mean it will always be perfect though. I'm not the smartest when it comes to Star Wars lore. But if someone comes to me and informs me of a inaccuracie or discrepancy in our lore, I will fix it immediately..not 5 minutes later, not two days later..immediately. That's how serious I am about being as close to canon as possible. Obviously, there will be some differences between our lore and canon, but those differences shall be minimum and only exist purely to make our guild fun and enjoyable.

Our Pre-game guild in Age of Conan, Hand of Set, was heralded as one of the best pre-game guilds..it was a primarily role-play based guild and we worked painstakenly to make sure it's lore stuck to Robert E. Howards lore for the Conan tales. We did an excellent job there making it work. We plan to do the same here.

We will most certainly not be *completely*  xenophobic. We are totally against those who do not think like we do. So in that regard, we are xenophobic towards the belief of others. But we are not fearful of anyone or any belief. We also do not judge people based upon their race or planet of origin. If they believe as we do and hate the Republic and the Jedi as much as we do, we're willing to work with them.

Our dogma is linked in the original post I believe, check it out. Our beliefs are pretty encompassing of the sith mentality. But they are different enough from the norm. to be considered semi-unique ;)..

Originally posted by Anthara

I wished this game kinda escaped the common guild system from most games and simply sticked to some kind of existing factions where players could join or leave by questing or whatever system they would find.

I like guilds, they bring together a tighter nit community of people with similar goals, and it's niegh impossible to get through challenging group based content without them.  Plus, it also creates another level of interaction in the game between different guild and what not. I say guilds add quality to a game more than take away.

• VaulgrennVaulgrenn Member Posts: 4

Just dropping in to say hello.

Vaulgrenn
    Sith Knight of Jen'jidai

• CereniCereni Member Posts: 7

I hear the thing about to guild or not to guild a lot.  Being a hold out I can understand the desire not to have them at all, and to merely make them part of the faction/questing system, but I think that would take away from the experience some.

Of course it depends on the configurability of the world, and how much the players can imp-act and make thier own, but there are things that can be done in groups that just don't happen as individuals.  I am an RPer typically.  Some of the best activities I have in game are player driven, not from the game itself.  That being said many of them require a large group to pull off.  The infrastructure of a guild I think helps this.

This guild in particular shows a great deal of promise when looking at the very active desire for participation.  Be it this guild or any other, active participation is key to seeing to the guild's effectiveness.

So I can understand a lack of enthusiasm over the use of guilds, but really, if it is going to be player driven at all, I am not sure how they can be discarded.  Players will form them outside of the game if they need to.

Originally posted by Cereni

I hear the thing about to guild or not to guild a lot.  Being a hold out I can understand the desire not to have them at all, and to merely make them part of the faction/questing system, but I think that would take away from the experience some.
    Of course it depends on the configurability of the world, and how much the players can imp-act and make thier own, but there are things that can be done in groups that just don't happen as individuals.  I am an RPer typically.  Some of the best activities I have in game are player driven, not from the game itself.  That being said many of them require a large group to pull off.  The infrastructure of a guild I think helps this.
    This guild in particular shows a great deal of promise when looking at the very active desire for participation.  Be it this guild or any other, active participation is key to seeing to the guild's effectiveness.
    So I can understand a lack of enthusiasm over the use of guilds, but really, if it is going to be player driven at all, I am not sure how they can be discarded.  Players will form them outside of the game if they need to.

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  No but seriously, well said, I agree that the level of activity in a guild is key.  I have found that when a game requires guilds to reach certain aspects of gameplay many guilds can become over populated with indifferent and unacountable players who feel the need to be in a guild to play the game to its potential, but don't value any of the aspects of community and mutual support I think are pivotal to a successfull guild.  All in all though, I have found that a good guild will add alot of fun to a game and sometimes become just as much fun, if not more so, than the game itself. 

Website is getting closer to being done.

Everyone rejoice.

This is Cereni Busybody at the front lines of what has turned out to be a joy fest gone horribly horribly wrong.

It began five days ago when a high ranking member of the organization calling themselves the Jen'jidai gave the command to rejoice for web development being done.  Upon hearing the command, the entire organization to include all labor and pleasure slaves halted all they were doing and celebrated.  Unfortuantely the rather large turnout was not prepared for and the only source of alcohol available in the immediate vicinity was unable to accomodate the throngs of depraved and overworked laborers.  A dispute over what we are being told is a your momma joke told to a hive member of the insectoid Beezrath 7 colony insighted fighting among all of the Beezrath 7 colony and a guy named Steve. 

Sith Lords and Bounty Hunters were brought in to try to quell the mess, but then one of the bounty hunters was offered a large sum of cash if he could finish off a full Intergalactic Gargleblaster and still walk.  The cash insentive distracted the rest of the Bounty Hunters who wanted in on the action.  Unfortunately it was merely an opportunely timed sting by the  Continuity Police citing everyone present for participating in an activity not only non-canon, but also in really bad taste.

The Sith Lords, distracted by a collection of Twi'lek pleasure slaves who had taken a fancy for one of them.  In the ensuing quest for their attentions and the emotional tempest that grew, the Sith Lords engaged in saber and lighting duels to the death.  The slaves found this to be, and I quote "Totally hot!" and this new information spurred on the Sith Lords to even greater acts of devistation.

A stray bolt of Force lighting struck a near by feul station pump and the resulting explosion caused a firestorm.  Firefighters have the fire 85% contained.

Guild leadership was quotes as saying, "Come on guys, we have questing to do.  I only need 30 more heavy leather."

That is all we have for now.  This is Cereni Bussybody, signing off.

In the spirit of comradeship, I thought I would send out a warning to all the Jen'Jidai members out there.  Poker night is getting close.  You should probably play with your credits while you still can since they will be my credits soon.

Vaulgrenn
    Sith Knight of Jen'jidai

Originally posted by Vaulgrenn

In the spirit of comradeship, I thought I would send out a warning to all the Jen'Jidai members out there.  Poker night is getting close.  You should probably play with your credits while you still can since they will be my credits soon.

Now if only we had a poker night on a day I wasn't busy as all hell.  Though I'm not too sure which day that is going to be yet..

Bah! You all got lucky. Apparently Big Army blocks all gambling sites over here.

Vaulgrenn
    Sith Knight of Jen'jidai

And what do you know.  it was so much fun we get to do it again. 

I am sure I can help some folk loose weight ... so long as it is in currency.

Originally posted by Cereni

And what do you know.  it was so much fun we get to do it again. 
    I am sure I can help some folk loose weight ... so long as it is in currency.

Haha!  You go Cereni!  /cheers

Vaulgrenn
    Sith Knight of Jen'jidai

And at long last ...

Its the official

JEN'JIDAI WEBSITE

The most dangerous Jedi of all ... are the ones who fall ...

... and can make websites.

(It's a Machiavelli thing.)

-

Indeed it has come forth like a naked Brazilian woman with lust in her eyes!

Good job Cereni! You out did yourself this round.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Seems like a pretty cool guild.  Not my cup of tea due to the forced activity before release, and the forced ventrilo afterwards.  I was in a pre-release guild for AoC, and I was very active prior to release.  When the game went live, the entire tone and focus of the guild shifted completely.  It was as if someone flipped a switch and turned the guild from a bloodthirsty band of mercenaries to a bunch of hello kitty fans.  It left a bad taste in my mouth.  As for vent, I personally feel that it ruins immersion, and to a lesser degree, it can ruin a guild.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Sorry you feel that way, but I can certainly understand where you are comming from.

As for me, well ... I enjoy the building up of a community.  The game gives a nice focus but the intent really for me is less the game success as it is the success of a group in becomming a close knit collection of friends gathered together for a common goal. 

Everyone has their ways of going about doing it and this is ours.  The activity allows us to build that close connection and find out the personalities of each other long before it is needed in the game, and it helps put together like minded folk who expect thier companions to be ambitious and hard charging, driven, inspired s-o-b's that many of us are.

It isn't for everybody, I give you that.  But it works for me, and I hope to not only inspire others like myself but to inspired by them.  It is going well so far. 

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Seems like a pretty cool guild.  Not my cup of tea due to the forced activity before release, and the forced ventrilo afterwards.  I was in a pre-release guild for AoC, and I was very active prior to release.  When the game went live, the entire tone and focus of the guild shifted completely.  It was as if someone flipped a switch and turned the guild from a bloodthirsty band of mercenaries to a bunch of hello kitty fans.  It left a bad taste in my mouth.  As for vent, I personally feel that it ruins immersion, and to a lesser degree, it can ruin a guild.

Oh I completely understand chief. That is why we put that disclaimer all over our website, F.A.Q, and recruitment messages. We want to make sure all our potential members understand what they are getting in too.

We ran the most successful pre-game AoC guild - Hand of Set. It was also very successful at release. It kept the same tone of organization and bloodthirst that we had pre-release. It quickly became one of the top guilds on it's server (which happened to be the most populated and competitive server to boot).

But we highly believe in pre-game activity. The reason we force it is simple; it allows members to get togther, pre-launch, and form bonds and friendships. These bonds and friendships allow them to play more cohesively after release and they also aid them in becoming attached to our community and guild. People are a lot less likely to fade into background if they are active and have a lot of friends they've made in the community. It works very well as we've been using this strategy successfully for a few years now. Now, we wouldn't have it any other way. Who wants to join a guild with 200 people on it's roster but a void and empty ventrilo and forum pre-release...Not me ;). But we all have our tastes and I certainly understand yours. Good luck in SW:Tor chief!

On another note: http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/deceived-cinematic-trailer. One of the better trailers i've seen. Excellent job Bioware!