Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doctor murdered by anti-choice terrorist

kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tiller_shooting

By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press Writer

WICHITA, Kan. – Dr. George Tiller, one of the nation's few providers of late-term abortions despite decades of protests and attacks, was shot and killed Sunday in a church where he was serving as an usher.

The gunman fled, but a 51-year-old suspect was detained some 170 miles away in suburban Kansas City three hours after the shooting, Wichita Deputy Police Chief Tom Stolz said.

Although Stolz refused to release the man's name, Johnson County sheriff's spokesman Tom Erickson identified the detained man as Scott Roeder. He has not been charged in the slaying and was expected to be taken to Wichita for questioning.

Police did not release a motive for the shooting. But the doctor's violent death was the latest in a string of shootings and bombings over two decades directed against abortion clinics, doctors and staff.

Long a focus of national anti-abortion groups, including a summer-long protest in 1991, Tiller was shot in the foyer of Reformation Lutheran Church. Tiller's attorney, Dan Monnat, said Tiller's wife, Jeanne, was in the choir at the time.

The slaying of the 67-year-old doctor is "an unspeakable tragedy," his widow, four children and 10 grandchildren said in statement. "This is particularly heart-wrenching because George was shot down in his house of worship, a place of peace."

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

And the World, Will Be a Better Place.......

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

I expected that.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• Scubie67Scubie67 Member UncommonPosts: 462

Any murder is wrong no matter how you look at it.I think the Right to life movement has condemned it.He was also a late term abortion doctor not a standard abortion doctor which is pretty macabe.Bad to that they would wait till church to do an assasination.

I guess it is all relative to how you look at it, the irony is he was a "Late Term Abortion Dr." until someone decided to "Late,Late,Late abort him".

Originally posted by Scubie67

Any murder is wrong no matter how you look at it.I think the Right to life movement has condemned it.He was also a late term abortion doctor not a standard abortion doctor which is pretty macabe.Bad to that they would wait till church to do an assasination.

I guess it is all relative to how you look at it, the irony is he was a "Late Term Abortion Dr." until someone decided to "Late,Late,Late abort him".

Please link to any condemnation of this act by Army of God, Operation Rescue or any other anti-abortion organization.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

All the Anti - Choice movement is doing is shooting themselves in the foot. This is only going to decrease support for their cause.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090516/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_notre_dame

Another example of Anti - Choice nuts trying to protest. 19 got arrested and they have achieved absolutely nothing, good job morons.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Got no sympathy for anyone who kills fully grown babies for profit.

Originally posted by Precusor

Got no sympathy for anyone who kills fully grown babies for profit.

"Fully grown babies" are called "adults."

Hey, I'm no fan of late-term abortion. I'm also no fan of vigilantism in the name of God, or of people who feel that it's perfectly acceptable to kill someone who engages in a practice you don't believe in.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

No sympathy for an innocent man who was murdered over a difference in beleifs, a legally accepted beleif...

Thats outright disgusting. 

To think that one person should be allowed to decided the fate of somebody else because they don't agree is wrong.

I think you're a waste of air, but does that give me the moral right to murder you? Because according to me your a terrible person who deserves to die, should you?

No.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

Ofc murder is wrong and its against the law but i really don't feel anything for that poor doc.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Approval of murder, wow.

• TykeroTykero Member Posts: 349

You're so oblivious of your hypocrisy it's pitiful.

[Mod Edit]

-

• OuchmuchOuchmuch Member Posts: 340

I really wish they would be more consistent on what is and isn't a homicide, would likely end up with far fewer angry or confused people taking the law into their own hands

www.aboms.com/archives/010481.html

crime.about.com/od/issues/a/fetalhomicide.htm

To me it looks like no one really seems to know when a fetus becomes human or when it should or should not be legal to kill it.

Originally posted by Ouchmuch

I really wish they would be more consistent on what is and isn't a homicide, would likely end up with far fewer angry or confused people taking the law into their own hands.

When you walk up on someone and blow them away with a firearm without due cause, that's homicide. I think federal agents are reminding this terrorist of that law as we type.

I'm pretty sure that he won't be confused after that. Nor should anyone else who's been watching these terrorist assassinations of doctors over the last few years.

Once again, shooting people who are not actively engaged in trying to kill another person at the time you kill them is murder.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

"This is particularly heart-wrenching because George was shot down in his house of worship, a place of peace."

There's America's terrorist. He is just a concerned Christian, like all those crazy Muslims that are blowing people up and killing children for their beliefs and religion.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562
    Originally posted by Briansho

"This is particularly heart-wrenching because George was shot down in his house of worship, a place of peace."
    There's America's terrorist. He is just a concerned Christian, like all those crazy Muslims that are blowing people up and killing children for their beliefs and religion.

Yup. Pretty much. Not much difference between one type of evil fanatic and another.

• Scubie67Scubie67 Member UncommonPosts: 462

http://www.nrlc.org/press_releases_new/Release053109.html

condemnation link...Some people look at it in the one life for many aspect.If you intentionally kill someone not in Self Defense I consider it murder.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by Ouchmuch

I really wish they would be more consistent on what is and isn't a homicide, would likely end up with far fewer angry or confused people taking the law into their own hands.

When you walk up on someone and blow them away with a firearm without due cause, that's homicide. I think federal agents are reminding this terrorist of that law as we type.

I'm pretty sure that he won't be confused after that. Nor should anyone else who's been watching these terrorist assassinations of doctors over the last few years.

Once again, shooting people who are not actively engaged in trying to kill another person at the time you kill them is murder.

And when you kill a woman with child it's double homicide...

Intrigueing...

This man was no better than hitler. My only sympathy is that he never lived long enough to see the error in his ways and repent.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Approval of murder, wow.

And why Not? You approve of his murders... I don't see any diffrance.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Finwe

One homicide (Exodus 21:22-25)

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    Originally posted by Beatnik59

One homicide (Exodus 21:22-25)

*sigh*

Ok, one. That scripture never even came close to defining such.

Two. I was speaking about the American justice system that decided when that one pregnant woman was murdered, the man guilty was charged with double homicide.

Just shh...

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Intrigueing...
    This man was no better than hitler. My only sympathy is that he never lived long enough to see the error in his ways and repent.

I wasn't aware this doctor killed a woman and a child. I wonder why he wasn't arrested for that if he did that.

Hitler? Kind of strong, isn't it?

Approval of murder, wow.

And why Not? You approve of his murders... I don't see any diffrance.

And you were dreaming this.. where, exactly?

On a park bench in the sun?

Tiller also aborted 5 to 7 months old babies to folks who had no medical reasons.

$5.000 was all that was needed.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

interesting picture >.> i thought it was some kind of strange food spill at first, didn't read the text around it till after.

Doesn't reall disturb me, weird.

Anyways i don't see why you would get banned for that but who know with this place anymore.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

It's a shame the people who need to see that won't.  And the others might see it, but just won't care.  When I heard my first child's heartbeat before you could even tell my wife was pregnant, I knew in my heart that abortion was murder, regardless of the circumstance.

There's a reason that Dr was always at church... 

And I am going to guess, he's not happy with the result of his labor.

And don't worry Daenor, like you said, the post-Obama euphoria has resulted in nothing but the spouting of statist agendas and conservative bashing.  They claim conservatives didn't pay attention to their mistakes, but yet they don't seem to have paid attention either and are doing the same.