Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the main focus of this game?

2»

Comments

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

It is interesting to see how important different aspects of a game are to different people. In this thread, we have answers all over the map based on desired features. I can list mine order of desirability below.

Story: I really enjoy a good story and I will sometimes being willing to overlook other factors for  games that have interesting stories in them. This is the most important factor in a game for me.

Visuals: I will admit that if I do not like the visuals of a game I will not play it unless I really like the story in the game.

Character customization: I enjoy new talents / new builds trying to eek that last bit of min / max and uniqueness out of a character. GG, I played final fantasy tactics forever b/c of this. Sadly, I even bought a psp to play the new one, lol.

Combat / Gameplay / Stability: I tend to enjoy moderately fast paced games that allow for some pvp combat. If the game is not stable, I will get frustrated but I will tend to keep trying to play the game long after others have given up.

Housing: Housing is fun, but usually guild houses (ala EQ2) are where housing is really shown off.

Crafting / Creating: Is normally a time sink (aka WoW), I have only found one game that I enjoyed crafting and that was EQ2.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Jackdog

I don't raid.. I don't have 5 or 6 hours to devote to it in EQII or LoTRO even so why would I raifd in AoC.

Maybe because it doesn't take 5 or 6 hours to raid?  You can do all three T1 raids in less than 2 hrs with an experienced group, W1 in under 1 and a half hours, and wing2 two in under 3, probably a lot better, and I'm speaking from our guild times.  Raiding in Age of Conan takes less time than an mid-sized instance in any other game.

So next time you make a blank statement, at least back it up with a fact.  I take it you don't do instances either in LOTRO or EQ2, all you care about is some fictional house, and the paintings on the wall.  Sorry, but that doesn't appeal to me at all in any game anymore.

And just so your aware, stopped playing Age of Conan a few weeks ago, because of raiding and the horrible loot system(If you would of said something along that fact, I wouldn't even be replying, just tired of seeing your half intelligent post around here)

I think AoC is a PVE game.  The best? Nope, but I've stuck for it the longest for an MMO in 3years.  If you raid in it, you'll find doing instances for anything other than culture drop recipes to be a total waste of time.  PVP is severly lacking.  Overall, its good for a pass or two for characters, but I think it needs some more loving, and hopefully the next patch upgrades it a bit.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by kilun

Originally posted by Jackdog

I don't raid.. I don't have 5 or 6 hours to devote to it in EQII or LoTRO even so why would I raifd in AoC.

Maybe because it doesn't take 5 or 6 hours to raid?  You can do all three T1 raids in less than 2 hrs with an experienced group, W1 in under 1 and a half hours, and wing2 two in under 3, probably a lot better, and I'm speaking from our guild times.  Raiding in Age of Conan takes less time than an mid-sized instance in any other game.

As you said the raids in AoC sound more like mid size instances than raids. ~yawn~

I miss DAoC

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

AoC is not realy a PvP or PvE game nor does it foster Role Playing.  The main focus is making money! They tried to cater to casuals but messed it up a bit by making the level cap 80....however it seems the bulk of the people playing are casuals that level slowly OR casuals that keep making new characters.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649

AOC is a game with the biggest identity crysis possible.  It is ... nothing really... And here is why

As a PVE game it simply does not work.  You can not create challenging content for long term character development in a game that has ZERO itemization.  Even after the changes coming in next patch all raiding content will always be lackluster and Funcom have shown in the past few months that they are not in any way supporting their raiding content long term.  At the same time - look at game like WAR that isn't even a PVE game but is still offering huge new PVE areas FOR FREE !. 

As for guild activites and player cities are conserned. Why bother ?  You could build an anthill and it would be more alive than the cities - even if it had NO ants in it.   Those cities are pointless. 

PVP content..  Well - if you like to play a game of grief and gank then be my guest.  As for PVP having any point or beeing fun for long term gameplay...   No - it isn't and will never be fun. 

Basicly - Core systems in AOC are very faulty.  THey have been so from day one.  Sadly its simply to late to change these basics now to even make it remotly intresting for long term gameplay - coop or social gaming.  With all this gone in an MMO game... then there isn't much left other than gank and grief... witch you will see plenty of.

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Frobner

AOC is a game with the biggest identity crysis possible.  It is ... nothing really... And here is why
    As a PVE game it simply does not work.  You can not create challenging content for long term character development in a game that has ZERO itemization.  Even after the changes coming in next patch all raiding content will always be lackluster and Funcom have shown in the past few months that they are not in any way supporting their raiding content long term.  At the same time - look at game like WAR that isn't even a PVE game but is still offering huge new PVE areas FOR FREE !. 
    As for guild activites and player cities are conserned. Why bother ?  You could build an anthill and it would be more alive than the cities - even if it had NO ants in it.   Those cities are pointless. 
    PVP content..  Well - if you like to play a game of grief and gank then be my guest.  As for PVP having any point or beeing fun for long term gameplay...   No - it isn't and will never be fun. 
    Basicly - Core systems in AOC are very faulty.  THey have been so from day one.  Sadly its simply to late to change these basics now to even make it remotly intresting for long term gameplay - coop or social gaming.  With all this gone in an MMO game... then there isn't much left other than gank and grief... witch you will see plenty of.

What is this^ OK...for people that hate AoC just don't post up and it is never to late to change or fix cause this world has plenty of people that enjoys AoC and the hard work  FC is showing us. Sorry I can't just walk away from an MMO like this knowing that more and more is being fixed in the years to come. Go ahead and bash on it, it is fine with me and others that enjoy AoC.

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547
    Originally posted by slim26

Originally posted by Frobner

What is this^ OK...for people that hate AoC just don't post up and it is never to late to change or fix cause this world has plenty of people that enjoys AoC and the hard work  FC is showing us. Sorry I can't just walk away from an MMO like this knowing that more and more is being fixed in the years to come. Go ahead and bash on it, it is fine with me and others that enjoy AoC.

Sure sure slim ,like your opinion carrys any credibility....you are  the guy who played the trial and rated the game as " the best ever "

What did you give it ? 9/10 ?

And I really hope it doesn't take years to fix what is broken

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "