Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does grouping in Atlantica works ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Atlantica sounds awesome. But i dont understand how grouping in the game works ? (since you allready have mercenaries)

Also... what is ratio of quests that require groups ? 1 of every 10 ... more , less ?

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

The battlefield is 3 x 2. That is, two sides (you and the enemy), but you can have 3 formations of units on each side. So either you solo, or with 1-2 other people.

Same with the mobs. Most of the time there's just one, but sometimes there's 2 or 3, depending on the area or mob.

As to how much is solo, well, pretty much the main quest line is.

On the other hand, most the side quests in the game, for instance the recruiting quests for mercenaries (beyond the basic ones), are all generally group quest lines. The first part is solo, but later on you fight in "shadow dungeons", where you always fight 2-3 mobs pretty much.

There are also guild, nation, and individual dungeons (which, despite the name, generally need 2 people to finish). These are basically instances where you have to kill so many mobs in X amount of time. These have great rewards, so make up a big part of the game past 90th level (essentially this game's version of raids).

Technically speaking, there's really no required grouping. If you are tough enough, you can solo anything. And there are also scrolls in game you can use to temporarily borrow surrounding mobs to help you fight. (They're somewhat expensive though). But grouping is generally encouraged by the game mechanics (you get extra XP and Stamina and quest drops aren't split, but count for each person), so people group as often as possible.

And the difficulty of the game increases in the 70s and then again in the upper 90s, so you see more grouping then.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• elit3gam3relit3gam3r Member Posts: 186

scroll of reinforcement and bewitching scrolls will be helpful in your quest...especially if there are mobs in shadow dungeons...

Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu player