Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Susan Boyle loses in the finals of Britian's Got Talent

ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

She was the heavy favorite to win the contest, but in recent days she's been cracking under the pressure.  She even unleashed several tirades in public where she was heard to have dropped the "F bomb".

My cat saw the story in the news and now she's been dropping the F bomb too.  I really hate it when she does that.  It's embarrassing when I have guests over.

Comments

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

You know, it was funny... I am one of those anti American Idol people. I think the show sucks big hairy .. oh well. ANyways, I accidently clicked on a you tube video of her first performance on Britains got talent. Usually I would just correct my mistake and click back and go to the link I was trying to get to, but I saw this odd looking woman, and thought I bet this is going to be awful. My twisted sense of humor made me keep watching. Her personality struck me, made me laugh. When I heard her sing, honestly I was in awe. She had gone her whole life almost with most people probably ignoring her because of her odd appearance, but yet she had the most tremendous voice I have ever heard. It really was amazing. I know it sounds funny coming from me, everyone knows what a metal head I truly am, but this woman impressed me, not only with her voice, but her awnry personality. I respect her, F bombs and all, in fact I would have expected her to throw a few f bombs around, surprised if she didn;t punch the reporter harrassing her in the nose.

I hope she does well, and keeps her awnriness and all. Her being herself, and not trying to be someone she is not is what makes her even more entertaining.  I liked her first terrible yellow dress in the first performance better than that sparkly one she had on in the finals, it didn't seem to fit her personality, the first one, as much as I loathe the color yellow , seemed more real.  I think if she keeps it real, continues to be herself, she could do very well. I don;t know maybe it is that you see her as that woman no one pays attention to, the "odd one" that is never invited to anything.  The one that no one ever takes the time to get to know. And then WOW, she really is something special that no one ever realized.

It is funny, because I can;t really even relate to her, we would be considered complete opposites. I was the cheerleader, captain of gymnastics team, never paid a cover charge in my life kind of girl, never been without a date , and to see this come from this woman who says she has never even been kissed, it really opens your eyes and makes you think. I think there is a place for everyone in this world to shine, it is just  a matter of finding out what that is.

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162

Ms. Boyle did not win because, despite her immense talent, didn't have the two ingredients that seems to be more important than talent to Simon Cowell and the consumers of pop culture. The two things that pop idol culture worships....youth and packaging. She is not physically appealing in the commercial sense in that she does not have "the look" or youth that Cowell seeks for his next money making venture. That, and that alone, is the real reason why Ms. Boyle lost to a dance troupe that is probablly aready forgotten or never remembered in the first place. In the glitzy, much hyped world of pop stardom, it's sad to say that talent alone isn't enough.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by keltic1701

Ms. Boyle did not win because, despite her immense talent, didn't have the two ingredients that seems to be more important than talent to Simon Cowell and the consumers of pop culture. The two things that pop idol culture worships....youth and packaging. She is not physically appealing in the commercial sense in that she does not have "the look" or youth that Cowell seeks for his next money making venture. That, and that alone, is the real reason why Ms. Boyle lost to a dance troupe that is probablly aready forgotten or never remembered in the first place. In the glitzy, much hyped world of pop stardom, it's sad to say that talent alone isn't enough.

Err you do realise the winner was whoever got the most public votes dont you?

Simon cowel has little to do with deciding who the final top 10 acts are.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

Have to say tho as an act i prefered the weird singer one with the oversized cloak. Ill see if i can find a youtube on him as i cant remember his name.

here is one link showing his audition

And here he is in the final

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• warppwarpp Member Posts: 258

Lol..are you an idiot or what?..The winner is picked by the British public so they or should i say we liked the dance troop and they will have great careers in the uk and Europe.

Jah Rasta For I.
    The Wicked Shall Fall..

http://www.ethnic2020.com/images/Ebay/black-jesus.jpg

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

I'm just glad it's over and maybe US media can pack up the circus tents.

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162
    Originally posted by warpp

Lol..are you an idiot or what?..The winner is picked by the British public so they or should i say we liked the dance troop and they will have great careers in the uk and Europe.

No, I'm not and idiot and yes I do know how the show works. It seems I have used too many big words and abstractions for you to understand my post so I will condense it so even you can understand my meaning. Being young and presentable trumps talent in the pop music industry. Real talent, no matter how great, is secondary to packaging. Simon Cowell creates a product for mass consumption. And let's be honest shall we. Music is nothing more than another commodity to be bought and sold. Can you imagine the like of the Rolling Stones or Black Sabbath trying out on any of Cowell's shows? They would never make past the first round. To his credit he is smart enough to know what appeals to the masses and they make him a very, rich man. The likes of Cowell and the rubes that lap it up have made this so.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

To be a star nowadays simply requires a lot more then just a good voice. There are lots of people with a good voice, but not all of them become stars

I have to say tho that Britains Got talent is a great show as you never know what kind of acts will show up. Take for example the Poet Librarian. ill look for  a link for those who dont know this one.

...here it is and yes he is for real its not an act sadly.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Doesn't matter , she will still get millions.

?