Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

problems with new pc (need some advice)

shalldoomshalldoom Member UncommonPosts: 106

Ok so i went and bought this pc for my gf, everything went fine with the setting up until i started the games...... while playing GW or wow whenever i start moving the character with the directional buttons on the keyboard the game keeps stuttering as the fps keeps dropping and rising....
However, moving the character with the mouse, everything is smooth and silky.

This only happens on wow and GW, i tried devil may cry 4 and HAWX and everything is fine.

I checked the temperatures and everything is normal.

I tried an older display driver, but the problem is still there.....

this is the build:

-Phenom II 940 BE
-2G kingstone hyperX ram
- 640 caviar blue HD
- XFX geforce 8800 GT (512)
- Win XP sp2.
- 600W PSU.

Oh and nothing is overclocked.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

That's interesting, the problem definitely only occurs while moving with keyboard and not mouse?

Are the keyboard and mouse USB or PS2 devices? Wireless? Have you downloaded and installed the motherboard drivers or at least used the motherboard drivers off the CD?

• shalldoomshalldoom Member UncommonPosts: 106

Originally posted by solareus
    What Motherboard,  ? Update all the drivers , but it sounds like the Nvidia card, or netwrok lag...

- The motherboard is a Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4h is a new mobo and the cd that came with it has the latest drivers....and the card was in the older pc and it didn't give me this problem before..... and by network lag you mean internet lag? don't think it has anything to do with the connection since the pings are normal and the game runs fine with using just the mouse...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

Originally posted by noquarter
    That's interesting, the problem definitely only occurs while moving with keyboard and not mouse?Yea, i tested it in both GW and WOW, both games run fine with just the mouse and when i start hitting forward or and direction on the keyboard the game play starts getting jerky...
    Are the keyboard and mouse USB or PS2 devices? Wireless? Have you downloaded and installed the motherboard drivers or at least used the motherboard drivers off the CD?

the mouse is usb but, the keyboard is serial ps2

Hm, make sure in the BIOS, PNP OS Installed is set to yes so windows gets to assign irqs instead of the bios, and maybe hit reset devices - almost sounds like the PS/2 IRQ and the network adapter IRQ are not sharing well, haven't run into an IRQ conflict in so many years though :)

Also go into Device Manager and double check that there are no devices with problems especially the ACPI driver.

Hm, make sure in the BIOS, PNP OS Installed is set to yes so windows gets to assign irqs instead of the bios, and maybe hit reset devices - almost sounds like the PS/2 IRQ and the network adapter IRQ are not sharing well, haven't run into an IRQ conflict in so many years though :)
    Also go into Device Manager and double check that there are no devices with problems especially the ACPI driver.

- I did the bios thingy like you said and the games are running fine now :)

Thx alot m8 !!

Originally posted by shalldoom

- I did the bios thingy like you said and the games are running fine now :)

Thx alot m8 !!

Cool np, glad to hear it worked :)