Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mxo is not dead and I am very impressed

2»

Comments

• SkyJackalSkyJackal Member Posts: 390
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

If you have the latest ATi HD series or the Geforce 8000 series or higher, then one of the following will happen:
    - Under Windows XP you won't be able to do missions in interior locations without excessive lag.

This issue was fixed in both the latest ATI and Nvidia driver releases.

• DracainDracain Member Posts: 24

I actually played the game a short while ago, it's not dead, far from it, I got into a crew went to a huge party with a DJ (yes a real person not some NPC) and he put up great songs and took requests, there was contests everyone had a blast, I might just go back on again, I left because something weird was up with enemies dmg to me but it coulda just been something weird I didn't notice, either way the game is fun and skyjackle ( I think I spelt that right) who puts up tons of movies from it on youtube will give people buddy keys to try it out if you need it, also the game run fine on vistas for anyone wondering, also the close up (interlock) combat looks amazing, I sugjest everyone give this game at least a try on the buddy trial or something like that, it is really good and to be able to leap to the top of all but the highest buildings in the game at like lvl 15-20ish is really amazing, and it loads fairly good to boot.  Try it before you condemn it. 

P.S.  I know I use run on sentences and I am trying to not do so but it's a bit of a habit of mine. 

• fenalaarfenalaar Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Dracain

also the game run fine on vistas for anyone wondering,

I am having one issue with MxO and vista atm. Seems some clothing, when equipped, messes with my graphics. It removes textures from my surroundings or simply turns down the level of detail something fierce. It also turns my inventory into a bunch of colored squares, with low res mouse over images and no text or numeric digits. This applies to the loading area as well, making it impossible to navigate through anything... The issue seems to be related to clothing though, as far as I can see... the bugger is, it's the good clothing of near to equal level of my character, clothing I need for survivability, that causes the issues... any suggestions? I am running an nvidia 8800 GTS card, vista ultimate 64 bit ed. and a core 2 duo 2.67 GHz processor + 7 gigs of RAM.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by fenalaar

Originally posted by Dracain

also the game run fine on vistas for anyone wondering,

I am having one issue with MxO and vista atm. Seems some clothing, when equipped, messes with my graphics. It removes textures from my surroundings or simply turns down the level of detail something fierce. It also turns my inventory into a bunch of colored squares, with low res mouse over images and no text or numeric digits. This applies to the loading area as well, making it impossible to navigate through anything... The issue seems to be related to clothing though, as far as I can see... the bugger is, it's the good clothing of near to equal level of my character, clothing I need for survivability, that causes the issues... any suggestions? I am running an nvidia 8800 GTS card, vista ultimate 64 bit ed. and a core 2 duo 2.67 GHz processor + 7 gigs of RAM.

I ran it on vista 64 with 4g ram, 8800 gtx, and quad core 2.6ghz without any problems.  Granted I did not run it more then a few days probably a total of 5-6 hours.  So maybe I just didn't find the magic bullet that messed up my graphics.

---
    Ethion

• dalgupigtudalgupigtu Member Posts: 5

what to like about this game?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by SkyJackal

Originally posted by Guillermo197

If you have the latest ATi HD series or the Geforce 8000 series or higher, then one of the following will happen:
    - Under Windows XP you won't be able to do missions in interior locations without excessive lag.

This issue was fixed in both the latest ATI and Nvidia driver releases.

Bit late of a reaction, as I don't visit dead forums that much.

But I wanted to say NOTHING has been fixed!

It's still the same distorted Texture drama under Vista.

Cheers

• kezya123kezya123 Member Posts: 23

I didnt even know that this game existed. :P

______________________________________________________________________________

"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and lead us from this world to another." — Plato.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

• XtremalityXtremality Member Posts: 12

Close this thread. SOE has announced the game will close lol

• neolivesftwneolivesftw Member Posts: 163

This sis true the gaime is not dead and I TOO AM VERY EMPRESSED.  As we can see the OP is tha man and not jus promotin dis gaime. THA TRUF BE DROPPIN IN AON ALL YALL MOFO LIKE NEO RISIN FROM THA ASHES! 

Hail Neo, full of pwnage, Morpheus is with thee
    Blessed art thou among Zion, and blessed is the roundhouse against Smith.
    Holy Neo, pray for us now, and at the hour of Victory, Amen.

• TomTrixxTomTrixx Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by neolivesftw

This sis true the gaime is not dead and I TOO AM VERY EMPRESSED.  As we can see the OP is tha man and not jus promotin dis gaime. THA TRUF BE DROPPIN IN AON ALL YALL MOFO LIKE NEO RISIN FROM THA ASHES! 

Game is shutting down, now go home and cry.