Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 years later.

TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

I played this game hard core from 2nd phase beta up to this year. I sold my toon. I had and have no regrets I was part of the original Black Omega Security Corp and an original Curse Alliance member as well back when the server broke 10,000 users on line. This game was by far the best MMO I have ever played....and I have played alot of them. If your new to this game welcome and enjoy...I hope your experience is as good as mine was. And make sure to Shoot at Evolution and BoB! and tell them Tivian sent you! FC's Sir Molle/Shrike is ALWAYS primary target!!!

GOOD JOB CCP!! keep it up. gonna miss it but it was time to move on!

Comments

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

What game are you going to play now ?

And you will be back

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Five years is a long time to play one game.

Everyone moves on sooner or later.

All I can say is good luck in whatever game you decide to play and I hope It atleast equals the enjoyment you had while playing Eve :)

o/

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

5 years is a long time for 1 game. I've only done that now for 2 games over 30 years, Eve and Grand Prix Legends. Couple of games made some good runs in there for 3 years, Quake and Street Fighter series come to mind.

• mad_webbiemad_webbie Member Posts: 45

Goodluck to you my friend, I hope you find a new game that will get you addicted like Eve.

I quit Eve after 2 years of playing then came back five months ago. I regretted that I left, so many missed training time for my toons. : (

• qwenidenqweniden Member Posts: 151

Why did you quit?

There will be a day that you will regret selling your character.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

I am past 5 years now and also going to sell my toon, not for the money but just so I know my character lives on.  For those that have asked the OP why they are quiting I can tell you I am quitting because EVE is a lifestyle game so if you have plenty of time and able to use Vent etc a lot then the game is hard to match.  However I have a new kid and my game time comes in 1-1.5 hour slots and even if I hit a level 4 mission then I know I can probably manage one if I salvage also.  MIx that with large scale PvP taking up big chunks of time and not being able to use Vent or similar for long periods pretty much means EVE is unplayable.  I am subbed to AoC, Spellborn and LotRO currently and I will keep circulating between those 3 until Jumpgate Evo comes out. 

• TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

I left EvE as I have not found anything in that game that compares to what we had in the Curse Alliance. PvP out of Curse was never the same for me. NO I won't regret selling my toon. and No I won't be back. I don't miss the game at all. 5 years was enough. I was playing that sucky WoW for a while as most of my friends were playing it. I won't go back to that game either.

I am playin Star Wars Galaxys with my real life G/F. even though its simple enough to play I do like it alot. I wish there was more of a death penalty in that game. I would like to see space combat changes...like if your ship gets ganked in combat you  lose your ship and if you don't eject in time its a clone activation.

I truly wish all you eve h00kers the best. I had my time and it was a good time. I do have another toon in game. I just don't plan on playing

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Tivian

I left EvE as I have not found anything in that game that compares to what we had in the Curse Alliance. PvP out of Curse was never the same for me. NO I won't regret selling my toon. and No I won't be back. I don't miss the game at all. 5 years was enough. I was playing that sucky WoW for a while as most of my friends were playing it. I won't go back to that game either.

I am playin Star Wars Galaxys with my real life G/F. even though its simple enough to play I do like it alot. I wish there was more of a death penalty in that game. I would like to see space combat changes...like if your ship gets ganked in combat you  lose your ship and if you don't eject in time its a clone activation.

I truly wish all you eve h00kers the best. I had my time and it was a good time. I do have another toon in game. I just don't plan on playing

Holy crap!!!! You poor bastard!!! Your GF must be absolutely stunning!!!! To get you to play that failure of a game with her.

Shit!!! I just threw up in my mouth alittle just thinking of SWG.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Originally posted by JGMIII

Holy crap!!!! You poor bastard!!! Your GF must be absolutely stunning!!!! To get you to play that failure of a game with her.

As a Pre-NGE SWG'er myself I feel similarly to you.  But for anyone who never experienced SWG pre NGE it's not that bad a game.  I have a friend who tried it for the first time and he honestly couldn't understand why I hate it so much now.  I just shook my head and said "I guess if you never played the original you don't know what you're missing" 

So I guess I can understand someone playing it :)  After all it's not a bad game if you don't mind the class/level setup... and, after all, it's still Star Wars :)  It'll never compare to the old SWG but, if one hasn't played it before the NGE... then one doesn't know how much better it was then :)  

To the OP:  Sorry to hear you're leaving but glad you had such a long and fun run with EVE :)   Take care and may you find a new 'online' home that gives you as much enjoyment as EVE did.  They're hard to find.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Originally posted by Taram

Originally posted by JGMIII

As a Pre-NGE SWG'er myself I feel similarly to you.  But for anyone who never experienced SWG pre NGE it's not that bad a game.  I have a friend who tried it for the first time and he honestly couldn't understand why I hate it so much now.  I just shook my head and said "I guess if you never played the original you don't know what you're missing" 

So I guess I can understand someone playing it :)  After all it's not a bad game if you don't mind the class/level setup... and, after all, it's still Star Wars :)  It'll never compare to the old SWG but, if one hasn't played it before the NGE... then one doesn't know how much better it was then :)  

To the OP:  Sorry to hear you're leaving but glad you had such a long and fun run with EVE :)   Take care and may you find a new 'online' home that gives you as much enjoyment as EVE did.  They're hard to find.

U know I am not really fam. with the term CU or Pre NGE? I know there was some serious changes made. I know that at release not everyone was able to be a jedi. And I do remember there wasn't any kind of tutorial. but I didn't play long enough to enjoy pre NGE or pre CU. So I guess it is a matter of not knowing what I am missing.

Kind of like why people don't understand what it was like to be in the Curse Alliance back in the day. being hated by EVERYONE on server and fighting a 5 front war and having a real rep in game for being a ball buster! or what it was like to fly your Battleship solo and go 1 v 1 vs another battleship. most people in that game will never know what its like to be alone and camp 3 or 4 enemys in a station and have them all refuse to come out and fight....even when I was just in my crow alone....just because I had been in game for so long. yep GOOD TIMES! GOOD TIMES!! I doubt I will ever find that kind of fun again. OH YEAH the biggest change that killed it for me was missile nerf. The Raven and Scorpion used to be the terror of the sky! and believe it or not the Raven by far was the best pvp ship!! now its nothing but a mission runner. Nothing compared to a Duel Micro Warp Driven Raven!

• lollerwafflelollerwaffle Member UncommonPosts: 32

Meh, sorry to hear that you've moved on. I always look forwards to fighting the older, reputable PVPers out there to leech some experience or prove myself heh. In all honesty though, missiles aren't THAT bad.. just slightly underpowered compared to what they used to be. Ravens are still pretty effective in PVP although less so in sniping gangs that seem to be common nowadays. ADAPT OR DIE (just kidding)

Also, can I have your stuff ohwait u sold it  

Originally posted by LZBong

Meh, sorry to hear that you've moved on. I always look forwards to fighting the older, reputable PVPers out there to leech some experience or prove myself heh. In all honesty though, missiles aren't THAT bad.. just slightly underpowered compared to what they used to be. Ravens are still pretty effective in PVP although less so in sniping gangs that seem to be common nowadays. ADAPT OR DIE (just kidding)

LOL sorry dude. after 5 years of playing that game when I left I had nothing. 2 years in curse all I did was pvp. never made much isk, 2 years of mission running left me with nothing also. it sems as though the isk train never pulled in for me. when I left I had 52 million and a handfull of ships.

LOL sorry dude. after 5 years of playing that game when I left I had nothing. 2 years in curse all I did was pvp. never made much isk, 2 years of mission running left me with nothing also. it sems as though the isk train never pulled in for me. when I left I had 52 million and a handfull of ships.

There's reason that region of space is called Curse. No one has ever done well there.

Originally posted by Lordmonkus

There's reason that region of space is called Curse. No one has ever done well there.

During that time of the Curse Alliance people called us pirates. If I was a pirate where is all that isk I was supposed to make?

I was the poorest pirate in that game!!