Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

funcom: how to attract more players.

hi, i have subed to aoc but my forum login isn't working so i am posting here hoping funcom might read it.

ok. hows this for an idea....

make the tortage or the first 10 or 20 or whatever levels free to play. and if you want to go any further you have to sub.

you might say the trial alrady offess this but this might encourage people to play it more and more to chat or random emotes or just piss around and eventualy sub.

i'd imagine you would get people that are hard out "free part" only but the more they play the closer they would get to subing. and the more they play the more they might sujest the game to other people.

i dunno. may or may not work but could be a good idea.

what does ye yies concieve of thy proposal me fellow players of thy games.

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by madman-30

hi, i have subed to aoc but my forum login isn't working so i am posting here hoping funcom might read it.
    ok. hows this for an idea....
    make the tortage or the first 10 or 20 or whatever levels free to play. and if you want to go any further you have to sub.
    you might say the trial alrady offess this but this might encourage people to play it more and more to chat or random emotes or just piss around and eventualy sub.
    i'd imagine you would get people that are hard out "free part" only but the more they play the closer they would get to subing. and the more they play the more they might sujest the game to other people.
    i dunno. may or may not work but could be a good idea.
    what does ye yies concieve of thy proposal me fellow players of thy games.

First: worketh on thee Old English, for it sucketh verily.

Second: Everyone knows the first 20 levels are the only really fine tuned and polished area of the game. So it's still a misrepresentation of what you'd get after subscribing.

Third: Sell it to another developer. That would bring in droves of new subs just from people wanting to watch Funcom cry when their game becomes the success they couldn't make it.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843
    Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Second: Everyone knows the first 20 levels are the only really fine tuned and polished area of the game. So it's still a misrepresentation of what you'd get after subscribing.

That is how Funcom rolls, you will probably see this now. The good news is the haters could go gank on white sands all day to keep people from getting past it with their level 25s FTW. So it is a win-win situation.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by madman-30

This is another reason that AOC will fail, everyone hopes Funcom will see what we have been saying well before the game went live...

Funcom have no vision otherwise this game would of taken over all mmo's, bottom line great idea but they failed to keep to their promise and vision and let their community down just like they did with AO many years ago. Ok AO became a really good game years after it went live, but that's no good it should of and could of learnt from AO but didn't.

I would not tell anyone to come play this pile of unfinished shit end of!!!!

Bandit.

Asbo

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

The problem is given the stark difference in gameplay/quality/polish etc... between tortage and the rest of the game, your suggestion would only create a lot more virulent haters who feel blatantly ripped off when they discover that difference only after they pay.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by finaticd

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

That is how Funcom rolls, you will probably see this now. The good news is the haters could go gank on white sands all day to keep people from getting past it with their level 25s FTW. So it is a win-win situation.

Years of playing AO have shown me multiple levels to Funcom's stupidity, so I seen it long ago.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-