Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City zone loading screen freezes permanently

McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I finaly finished the toratage island on trial and selected to travel to my character's homeland of Aquilona but when the load screen shows, it freezes and stops responding forcing me to close the client and try to start over but won't go to Aquilona. Is it because I have the trial version downloaded and need the full client? My trial time hasn't expired yetso it couldn't be out of time. I ordered the client online but it won't arrive in the mail for 5-10 days yet because I don't want to spend that long DL'ing the remaining 15gigs. Any suggestions why the game is not loading Aquilona?

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Czanrei

I finaly finished the toratage island on trial and selected to travel to my character's homeland of Aquilona but when the load screen shows, it freezes and stops responding forcing me to close the client and try to start over but won't go to Aquilona. Is it because I have the trial version downloaded and need the full client? My trial time hasn't expired yetso it couldn't be out of time. I ordered the client online but it won't arrive in the mail for 5-10 days yet because I don't want to spend that long DL'ing the remaining 15gigs. Any suggestions why the game is not loading Aquilona?

As far as I know you aren't locked into Tortage and can play outside. I'd post your system specifications here as that might be the problem with Age of Loading screen ... erm I mean Age of Conan!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Yeah the trial is unrestricted, so that should not be the problem.

Old Tarantia is your first stop in Aquilona and due to the amount of building and npc etc frame rates drop quite considerably.

I suggest that you turn graphics to low and then try again, once you leave the city you can turn them back up again,

Good luck

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Thanks for the info, it worked. I was able to login into the city after lowering evrything on the settings but the game hardly runs still since my vid card isn't good enough right now.

• AxlesAxles Member Posts: 123

Thats gotta be one low end system to play bad on low.

Like I said it's just my vid card, so no its not a low end system necessarily, just the lack of a card. I have 4gig of RAM and a 2.5 Dual core cpu.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Some load screens will actually download content updates for you, resulting in a terribly long load screen, happend to me only once so far.  At first i opend task manager and saw no response from AoC.  The second try i waited, it loaded, and then it never happend again.

With your video card problems....if you where able to play torage fine then your card should run on low.  Have you tried messing with all the view distances?  There are sev eral categories of view distances and all have a dramatic effect on preformance.  My factory gt 120 was able to run the game on high dx9 with low view distances (around 20-30 fps)  while using the default high/med/low settings i was only able to play on medium as high setting got me around 10-15 fps.

Either way with the system you stated, getting a $100-$200 dollar card (then another 50-$100 on a power supply, followed by the headache of installing all the wires) will do wonders for you.  Everyone says wait on a new card untill the new technology comes out but if your desperate theres a few cards that are cheap and powerful out there and plenty of people here willing to help you choose.

• madman-30madman-30 Member Posts: 8

yeh i think sometimes when you load a new area the game downloads some stuff and if you are on dial up (like me) it can take ages. i had the same problem and was wondering what was wrong but i left the loading screen for ages and it eventualy worked. and it happened all the time when going to new places but i just left it for ages till it loaded but then next time i went to that area is was fast as.

Thanks, yeah Ive been tweaking with the view distances. My PC really hates me right now for trying to play it still though without a card I think, lol. I've been looking at possibly getting a Geforce 9600GT since they make a low profile version for my mini-pc I found out. Probably be a few weeks but it's the current plan anyhow. I plan to stick with AoC though, the graphics are worth it. The community seems kind of quiet but Im still on trial so I'm sure that limits my chat channels.