Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It doesn't matter what I do, Eve is just too good not to be my #1 MMO.

JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

I play both Eve and Ryzom.

I've started logging into Eve less and less since picking up Ryzom.

I've been absorbed by Ryzom, leveling my Heavy armor melee 2h axe Avatar, teaming on massive hunts, Rping and all that.

Just a freaking epic experience overall.

I litteraly was playing Eve like one day a week.

Then it happened I was talking to a buddy at work and he was having issues with setting up a character so I came back.

I decided to help him along with some Isk and a few Rifters.

We joined FW and thats all she wrote LOL!

I swear i;ve logged into Ryzom like 3 hours in the last week alone. I still love the game and think its totally worth the 10.95 sub price point but Eve is just too Epic for me to totally walk away from.

Ryzom is a bad ass game but Eve is near perfect for me.

Eve being so good has cost me a good chunk of change. Everytime I buy a new mmo client like WAR or Lotro I cancel my sub in a month or two and go back to Eve full time.

Time to just stick with Eve no MMO even comes close.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

Comments

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

I have to agree

I've tried almost all of them

WAR, WoW, LOTRO, PotBS (what a waste), you name it - I've tried it. 

I only just started to play EVE but what a great experience. By FAR the best MMO I've ever played - and it just keeps getting better and better.

They did a hellvua job with this one... and it seems to only be getting stronger. Im in it for the long haul.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

I wish Ryzom didn't look so goddamn awesome. I might just have to play it. In fact, I think shall do just that.

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by nyxium

I wish Ryzom didn't look so goddamn awesome. I might just have to play it. In fact, I think shall do just that.

Me too, I keep hearing good things about it, I'm going to try it out.  I've been unsubbed from EVE for over a year and half now I think, but I'm getting the urge to resub now... All the other games out there bore me to death and I have max level characters in a lot of games... AO, AOC, WOW, GW, DAOC, EQ2, etc etc.  Problem is I've been playing p2p games lately because I have limited game time but I think eve will still cater to the casual gameplay I think.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

I started the ryzom free trial last week, looking for something to do while the jumpbug was in eve. It does indeed look awesome, however, eve is, and will be (for the foreseeable future), my primary MMO. Ryzom is shaping up to be the game i play when not playing eve though :)

I do think the backstory could be a little more accessable though.

I just dont want to be led by the nose in an mmo and have to wait for devs to release content to get new stuff to do, a player generated endgame (thats actually accessible at anytime) such as is in eve, is my ideal!

Edit: I do think ryzom missed one trick though, grinding for exp and not game money, while not having offline training, does mean that i could unsub for a bit without a qualm.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by nyxium

It's the only MMO that i;ve tried while playing Eve that I stuck with.

Beware it's a bit grindy and the art style isnt for everyone.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

We should start a RL EvE Uni! A school were people pay us to teach them how to play EvE.

That would be so Freakin Cool, hehehe!

• Tenbwen1Tenbwen1 Member UncommonPosts: 50

yes i do play eve over 3.5 years now and i just subbed into ryzom for the 21 day trial and its pretty good so far i just wish the chacter modules had more options is my only complaint so far i am doing the resource gathering quests and done some magic training as well as some crafting training but i really think it going to be a bit grindy at first as i work threw skills but i can handle a little grind,

Tenbwen

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Tenbwen1

yes i do play eve over 3.5 years now and i just subbed into ryzom for the 21 day trial and its pretty good so far i just wish the chacter modules had more options is my only complaint so far i am doing the resource gathering quests and done some magic training as well as some crafting training but i really think it going to be a bit grindy at first as i work threw skills but i can handle a little grind,

It's a grind if you solo alot. On the main land the mobs are extremely tough and just after one or two fights you will need serious downtime.

I played like five hours and only gained like 6 or 7 levels solo, Compared to hunting in a team I can get those levels in a hour or two easily.

If your into more old school MMos where you camped groups of mobs and the fun was just hanging with people killing thousands of mobs you will like ryzom.

On paper it seems like a massive grind yet in practice its actually fun, I can;t really explain Why.

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

Hell even reppin' a POS in EVE is fun when you do it with friends. Grindin' is like that. just gives people something to do together and in the meanwhile you accomplish some goal in the virtual world