Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liking the trial, but what is the game like past Tortage

2»

Comments

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by daylight01

Originally posted by alacres

Originally posted by daylight01

Originally posted by blueturtle13

Almost all mmo's release with features not included or bugs galore that is just the nature of the genre. The game at release is not the final product. MMO's are designed that way. Conan had it's issues but the game is a great ride. If you say well there is nothing to do at cap well you still had fun getting there right? If so than what is the point? Everyone gets tired of a game at some point. I like Conan and will play it until I am tired of it and then move on. Like everyone does. Playing an mmo doesnt mean you have to stay with it after you level a toon to the cap or a few alts to cap. Or, hell, any toon to the level cap. If you had fun while it lasted then you got your money worth ;)

Can I just be the 1st to say ..."ehh?"

I will give you as much as it isnt the final product but other than that your post is total nonsense,I was going to paste and answer the stupid things you said but I think there is no need,it is clear to see for everyone reading without my imput.

The only thing obvious here is your vendetta towards anyone who enjoys the game. His post was completely relevant and you're a moron if you can't see that.

There, is that enough "imput" for you?

Maybe you can point out were my vendetta is against AoC?

If you check my posting history you will see that I enoyed my time in AoC but it was very dull at end level.The only point I was making is that mmo's should not release with "bugs galore" this is a new trend in mmo's and is down to lazy devs or bad accounts that didnt budget enough money/time for devoplement  for the game and it gets pushed out far to early,AoC is a very good example of this,if it released today in the shape it is in it would have done alot better and the last year could have been spent on end game content rather than fixing all the bugs and missing content from say 50-80.

Also most people like to play a mmo for a long long time,not just quit when you hit end level or quit even before end level,then they would just play single player game's,Alot of people you will see asking such things as "looking for a new mmo to call home" that is because like I said they spend along time in that game.

Also name calling on the internet is so 2001,try to keep up.

Well, if you enjoyed your time playing AoC intially then you just proved his point. Saying that "most" people expect to play an mmo for a long time is purely speculation. I, myself, know of many that don't take online games that seriously and only play them until something else interesting comes along. The point he was making was that, you paid your money for the game, you enjoyed the time you spent playing it, therefore, that should be worth something, and in reality, it is. Saying that his post is "nonsense" is nonsense in itself.

As for games releasing with or without bugs - Suffice it so say that you probably can't name one single mmo that released bug free, so I don't see the point in dwelling on something that is inevitable in most online games. For what it's worth, considering how many bugs AoC had at release, Funcom has done a pretty nice job eliminating many of the most dire ones, and while there's still a lot of work to be done, it will only be a matter of time before they have the majority of them ironed out. Sure, they could have waited longer and released a more solid product right from the start, but what's done is done. They made a bad decision, which is typical in online gaming it seems, and they paid the price for it. What IS admirable is the effort they're making to remedy the mistakes.

Oh, is that a fact? Well, maybe you can remember that when you're calling someone's posts "stupid", in the future. Try taking your own advice before giving it to others.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

Well it isnt the samething enjoying the game but having to leave as the game had nothing more to offer me,I would prefer to stay in a mmo for 2-3 years if not longer and not just 2-3 weeks or months,When I do buy mmo's it isnt for the short term I can get that with off-line game's.

You are right maybe it is me speculating about other player's,I will re-phrase that to "most of the player's I know  in real life or through gaming do prefer to stay with the mmo for years and not weeks or months"

On the bugs bit,games like LoTR and WoW released with bugs but I wouldnt go anywhere near the "bugs galore" AoC and VG were down right unplayable at release and I dont think players should be thinking it is just the way of the beast that mmo titles release in that state.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MENGKESHIMENGKESHI Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by clearSam

..., but the game only started for me at lvl40 +  

This. Personally I didn't enjoy tortage that much apart from underhalls daytime. The 40+ areas have much better atmosphere imo

• bigtime102bigtime102 Member UncommonPosts: 176

Originally posted by blueturtle13
    Almost all mmo's release with features not included or bugs galore that is just the nature of the genre. The game at release is not the final product. MMO's are designed that way. Conan had it's issues but the game is a great ride. If you say well there is nothing to do at cap well you still had fun getting there right? If so than what is the point? Everyone gets tired of a game at some point. I like Conan and will play it until I am tired of it and then move on. Like everyone does. Playing an mmo doesnt mean you have to stay with it after you level a toon to the cap or a few alts to cap. Or, hell, any toon to the level cap. If you had fun while it lasted then you got your money worth ;)

So what kinda person does that make you paying full price on a product that isnt a final product until sometime later? Pay to play beta tester? Investor? Cool. But not me, Im a consumer and I expect a finished product when I buy it. But thank you guys who took one for the team and paid the last year to develope this game, I might end up trying it.

• DavitDavit Member Posts: 53

unfinished product? oh common! I play since Day 1 and can say there were no errors and bugs that would make game unplayable - less fun. some of you guys forget too fast how the other mmo's launched.

this "AoC bugged to hell" started when few loayal WoW players came to AoC and what they have actually found was not their favourite WoW. then the dooming started and so many people followed. I enjoyed it from the beginning and enjoyed it for long time.

true, it is not a game for a lifetime, still it can offer tons of fun in group instances, mass pvp and even raiding. you will leave it when you have few capped chars and have raided everything, but the time spent in AoC is still worthy.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Past Tortage the Fanbois will always and have now for a year say the fixes are in the next patch.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • DavitDavit Member Posts: 53

name some serious bugs.

• thadengethadenge Member Posts: 13

One more question:  Which US PVE Server is at the moment the best one to start on (usually going to be playing between 7 and 11pm eastern during the week)?  Which one seems to have the most activity in the pre 60 areas during primetime?

Thanks.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Wiccana is my server and seems decently busy. I have heard that Set is also a well populated server as well.