Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy Newegg :O

The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

They are burning inventory since those items will most likely not sell well in another month.

• Varlok91Varlok91 Member Posts: 396
    Originally posted by Cleffy

They are burning inventory since those items will most likely not sell well in another month.

What is going to be released next month? I haven't been keeping up with hardware releases all that much, so I am a bit out of the loop.

--------------------------------
    Desktop - AMD 8450 Tri Core, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, ATI HD 3200 Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) - Intel P8400, 2 GIGs of RAM, Intel X4500, Windows XP Professional

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Varlok91

Originally posted by Cleffy

What is going to be released next month? I haven't been keeping up with hardware releases all that much, so I am a bit out of the loop.

supposedly radeon 5000 series launching in july/autumn.. probably true, 4000 series launched last years july/autumn

20 bucks off 3 items. isnt something special

every item within it gets cheaper over time, you can manually reduce price, or you can take few, stick big stick with OMFGCHEAPSUPERHAWTBUYNOW thingie.. and pretend ur doing something special..

i know cuz i been working in that business ..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MonTe_FysterMonTe_Fyster Member Posts: 15

I found it quite funny that I can across this post, quite fitting I must say.   My previous PC was an Intel P4, had 512ram. an ATI radeon 5200(256ram) AGP grafix card  and it cost me $1600.  I just, a few months ago, bought a new PC, check out the difference.  Its an Intel DualCore 2.3g, 2gigs ram..160gb  HD, an Nvidia 8600gx PCI grafix card(1g mem), 19' flat panel monitor........cost.......$570.  OH! I forgot to mention that the dealer totally forgot to charge me for the Flat Panel monitor.   Still though, the tower cost  me $570.. YES I totally agree prices on PC hardware have dropped greatly and I,for one,, love it.  Now I run any game on the market with ease.

monTe

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LedZep89LedZep89 Member Posts: 30

Glad I wasn't much of a gamer a few years ago.....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Originally posted by solareus

hehe, and in july , the 5000series Ati card will be coming out, most of them will have the new cooling system and hopefully be cloocked at 1ghz.

More importantly, be DirectX11.0 compliant and offer 40nm build process.

There is no need to buy anything but a budget GPU right now, as they will handle almost any game today (ie: HD4770 $99), then in just a few short months (november'ish) purchase new tech cards based on ATI or Nvidia's new archetecture. Being an advid OC'er and participating daily in discussions with tech heads, engineers and blogs it easy to understand what is comming and when to buy.

Anyone purchasing an SLI/Crossfire set up now or in the last few months are just ego-heads... not true tech gurus. Unless you use your system for things other than games, then they have some legitamacy. I have need of CUDA as I protein fold. I'm also a hardware hobiest and can dedicate a good portion of my disposable income to "stuff". Thus, my 3 computers and SLI set up. But single card GPU are cheap and perfectly suitable for high-end gaming (HD4890, etc)

Anyone else, should hold off till this holiday shopping season. The graphic cards then will be insane. if you can't wait, the Radeon HD4770 will hold you over till next summer where a good $150 card will shred current games.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon