Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Impressions from the Demon Chest Room

I just wanted to share a story about a nice half hour fight we had today on the EU PvP server over the Demon Chest...

############################################################

Wow, we had some really awesome action going on in the Chest Room today ! :-)

I just dropped by because I had this hunch that some others might have the Key, and three Origins greeting me and three others logging in seconds after the room opened confirmed my suspicions.
Using our "reputation" for looting the Chest I went in right away to lure everyone in, and some nice fighting started. In the end it became obvious that I alone was a too little force, and as such I called in Uzkaela as support. When he joined they finally brought me down - finding out that I didn't even have Keys with me. :-D
But Gail only standing at the side made it very obvious who got the Keys. Still even a 5vs2 fight wasn't enough for Origin to drive us out. So after we got some more company from Makya and other Guetters, it went into a stalemate and everybody backed up.
Next Origin tried a ruse, giving Acid-Burn the Keys and thereby also making him only attackable by Uzkaela, because Acid-Burn and I share House Rune. But we saw it early enough, charged in with me covering the front and making a breach, so Uzkaela could nuke Acid-Burn - and just seconds later we walked out, having secured a fresh set of Keys... 8-)

... which we of course intended using right away !
But after some tricks, lures, ruses and switches from our side we realised that the two of us just were not enough to hold them at bay and loot at the same time. Luckily Skorn and Soulfly from Troopers were willing to join the fight on our side, while Origin and Guetters got even more back-up, making us face an about 10vs4 situation.
Some minutes later we still managed to pull off the looting, ending a really trendemous combat over the Chest.

That was big fun ! :-D

Thanks for Origin for donating today's Keys, and of course Shardship Troopers for helping out.

--langeweile
(Member of Forsaken Gods)

PS: Some notes on the gameplay...
* I really wish there would be a better way to "claim" the room, because right now it's rather just some mad rushing in, fleeing to safety when damaged or respawning, and rushing in again...
* PvP ran comparably well in there, despite heavy fighting. The enclosed area of the room probably helped quite a bit there.
* No, the Keys were not buggy - they all dropped as they should. You just never killed the right person. ;-)

Some impressions below...
(click to enlarge)

Silence before the storm...

Going in with the Keys.
image image

Opening the Glaive and Urvhail Lock - the opposition charges in again.
image image

Impressions from the fight - I had to be careful because I still had the Cowardice Key on me.
image image image image image image image image image image

Driving out the last resistance and opening the Cowardice Lock.
image image image image

Group photo afterwards - thanks to everyone for the great fight !

Comments

• ArchnagelArchnagel World of Warcraft CorrespondentMember Posts: 27

Aye, the Demon Chest looks like an awesome pvp experience. I hope to catch it the next time it happens ^_^

• MelanaMelana Member Posts: 32

yes its a great idea which makes a lot of fun but without many players there aren't often fights :(