Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fire works thread

JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Interesting thread on the main boards.

forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

Someone asked why the 8 hour cooldown and the commonn reasonng is the community would abuse them and cause lag etc. Other games have fireworks vendors during seasonal festivals and I have never seen anyone "abusing" them as this thread suggests. HAs AoC's community reallly deteriorated to that level where some guy or girl would sit on a hill and spend enough ingame coin to spam fireworks for 8 hours if he/she could?

edit nevermind when I went back I saw rhe thread directly below that one

forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

I miss DAoC

Comments

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

Yes, I guess in some foreign part of the galaxy having an 8-hour cooldown on fireworks is acceptable and reasonable. Again the developers are being cryptic at best in explaining their reasoning behind this outrageous cooldown and again we have rabid fanboys justifying this decision with some of the most retarded arguments produced by a human being. One would think that FC is reinventing the wheel when trying to find balance between the cooldown on fireworks and the potential abuse.

• baconator616baconator616 Member Posts: 23

oh who cares!

They're only fireworks... not a big deal

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

With a graphics engine that can't keep up constant respectable frame rates,  I can see player controlled animations reeking havoc, and even being exploited. Imagine using lag to paralyze groups attempting to attack your Battle Keep by spamming fireworks endlessly till your enemy is down to 1-2 FPS. **

FC's poor design choices will forever put severe limitations on what is possible in AOC's game world.

**Any AO player is familiar with similar tactics used in the Tarasque PvP instance. "Zerg now, so they all Link Die!!"

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

There are such simple solutions to this. For instance, you can only use fireworks in certain areas; you can only use it until the anniversary is over; 10 min cooldown; etc. So many things can be done about this to make it enjoyable, yet rabid fanboys and incompetent FC just have to make excuses and ruin it for everyone, ergo 8-hour cooldown.

Originally posted by Krewel

There are such simple solutions to this. For instance, you can only use fireworks in certain areas; you can only use it until the anniversary is over; 10 min cooldown; etc. So many things can be done about this to make it enjoyable, yet rabid fanboys and incompetent FC just have to make excuses and ruin it for everyone, ergo 8-hour cooldown.

Now,Now, all of your sollutions would require a much more complex item design, I mean we are talking about FunCom, they are lucky they work at all.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Unfinished

With a graphics engine that can't keep up constant respectable frame rates,  I can see player controlled animations reeking havoc, and even being exploited. Imagine using lag to paralyze groups attempting to attack your Battle Keep by spamming fireworks endlessly till your enemy is down to 1-2 FPS. **
    FC's poor design choices will forever put severe limitations on what is possible in AOC's game world.

**Any AO player is familiar with similar tactics used in the Tarasque PvP instance. "Zerg now, so they all Link Die!!"

Again, another post with zero credibility and pretty much all lies about the current state of the game. My frame rate is consistenly between 40-60+ and all of my settings except for antiliasing are at maximum.

There Is Always Hope!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

who cares?

Fireworks are kinda pointless in a MMO anyways. I do understand that if a bunch of people spammed fireworks it made problems for the people who are close to min specs but they could just take out the crap instead. The Conan lore don't support fireworks anyways.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Loke666

who cares?
    Fireworks are kinda pointless in a MMO anyways. I do understand that if a bunch of people spammed fireworks it made problems for the people who are close to min specs but they could just take out the crap instead. The Conan lore don't support fireworks anyways.

True enough on the lore point. However I still don't think that they would be abused to any great degree. They are freely available in LoTRO during festivals as a consumable. I think they are fun at player driven events like my kinship holds occasionally, but I doubt if I have ever purchased more than a dozen or two. They don't seem to cause problems with either lag or with people spamming them in a inappropriate manner. But then different community and different game engine so who can tell.

I miss DAoC

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715

The general rule of MMO playes is if they can use something to get attention and act like asshats they will.. It sucks that devlopers have to playpen folsk like that but thems teh breaks.

Originally posted by keithianw

Originally posted by Unfinished

Again, another post with zero credibility and pretty much all lies about the current state of the game. My frame rate is consistenly between 40-60+ and all of my settings except for antiliasing are at maximum.

Makes you wonder why FC had to add a toggle in the GFX menu to turn everything down for Sieges. Guess not everyone gets the FPS you do, but you already knew that.