Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameGuard yes or no?

Howdy testers,

Quick question before I even start downloading / testing / playing this game:

Does it have nProtect Gameguard (GG)?

I am assuming it has it as Rapplez a Gpotato product has it too.

I run VMware Workstation 6.5.2 on my Vista x64 Business PC and GG and VMware don't get along (among lotsa other official programs like anti-virus/firewall solutions I might add)

Thanks for any reply.

(tried a support ticket but I have not seen any reply yet nor do I get access to the forum even thouhg I have a passport ID....)

Comments

• L2Dominion2L2Dominion2 Member Posts: 24

Well, I still have not gotten any reply from the game maker so I will have to make the assumption this game does indeed come with nProtect's non-working anti-cheat software called GameGuard. Basically this I base on the Gpotato logo being part of the teaser.

For those thinking about joining this beta I would like to give the advice to Google Gameguard and it various issue's that come with it. Maybe check out forums from Lineage2/Rappelz and others that have it incorporated.

Keep in mind I have issue's with the way Gameguard works and how it is deployed. I have no issue's with the gamemaker itself as this game might be a great game to test or play when it goes live.

Regards,

L.

• L2Dominion2L2Dominion2 Member Posts: 24

Update

I copy / pasted the reply I got.

So for those that have issue's with the ******* system you have been warned.

I suggest you Google this anti-cheat  for the impact it may have on your system.

Regards,

L.

Edited this message as THQ support mailed me shortly after informing that the anti-cheat tool is still in a testing face.

--------------------------------

Dear ******,

Thank you for contacting THQ*ICE Support. We appreciate your passion on Dragonica Online.

From your description, I understand that you want to know if the game is compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista Business (x64) and Intel i7 system. If I have any misunderstanding, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

According to our research, Dragonica Online is fully compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista Business (x64) and Intel i7 system. Regarding the anti-cheat, we are using **********.

The Preview Beta Test for Dragonica online will start May 29th. You can find the details about it in the following link:

http://dragonica.thqice.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=284&extra=page=1

So please stay in our forums and wait for the further event information

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to visit our forum or contact us.

Sincerely,

THQ*ICE Customer Support Team

--------------------