Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call of Duty 4 13 million unique Xbox Live users

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Call of Duty 4 has recently reached over 13 million unique Xbox Live users. This means that Activision has sold more than 13 million copies of Call of Duty 4 on just the Xbox360, and thats just the people who played online.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/13-million-xbox-live-players-on-call-of-duty-4

There are currently 13 million unique Xbox Live users playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, according to a new interview with Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling.

Speaking to Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb in his latest podcast, Bowling commented that: "Call of Duty 4 on Xbox Live just exploded. I mean right now we're at 13 million unique users on 360 and that's insane."

In January, Bowling put the online total for the Xbox 360 at 10,006,606 unique users, suggesting a considerable increase over the last few months - despite the game having been originally released in November 2007.

The number of PlayStation 3 unique users, which naturally were not mentioned on Hryb's show, were put at 4,381,276 unique users in January. With a significant percentage of users likely never to have played the game online, the game's overall unit sales make it one of the most successful titles of all time.

The first direct sequel to the game, to be known simply as Modern Warfare 2, is due for released on November 10. It is widely expected to be the best-selling game of the year, with Activision even voicing hopes that it will become the best-selling title of all time.

Comments

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Not suprised. CoD4 imo is far better then CoD:WaW.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

Why there is no major MMO on the xbox 360 is beyond me at this point... :)

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141

Once again, dumbed down video games take the win. This upcomming generation is filled with lazy people which result from game addictions that are beyond belief. Lazy is the new hip, get your simple FPS fragfest and have a blast!

Oh, don't worry.. we won't make you think...

P.S. COD4 didn't win game of the year (or atleast the actual televised GOTY), Bioshock did.. Funny how they place that on the box to get more sells. Not including the same ole sequels over and over again.  I'm not as mad at the company as I am the people buying the bs.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Golomin

Once again, dumbed down video games take the win. This upcomming generation is filled with lazy people which result from game addictions that are beyond belief. Lazy is the new hip, get your simple FPS fragfest and have a blast!
    Oh, don't worry.. we won't make you think...
    P.S. COD4 didn't win game of the year (or atleast the actual televised GOTY), Bioshock did.. Funny how they place that on the box to get more sells. Not including the same ole sequels over and over again.  I'm not as mad at the company as I am the people buying the bs.

The Spike GOTY awards are only one of many, many GOTY awards. Call of Duty 4 did win GOTY awards actually.