Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC Expansion?

At a Leipzig Games Conference 2008 Funcom said something about a upcomming expansion 2009.

Any news about this? are they even working on it?

Thinking of reactivating AoC again but since my characters already are level 80 it would be great to know any future plans for AoC.

Comments

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

They have also stated that they would launch AoC on the XboX and Upgrade the Engine on their other MMO Anarchy Online, I wouldn't start holding your breath waiting for anyone of those 3.

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772
    Originally posted by Winterizer

At a Leipzig Games Conference 2008 Funcom said something about a upcomming expansion 2009.
    Any news about this? are they even working on it?
    Thinking of reactivating AoC again but since my characters already are level 80 it would be great to know any future plans for AoC.

welcome to the posting world

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• RexNebularRexNebular Member Posts: 259

Yeah, the expansion is coming.

It'll require players to visit 1000 web sites and find 100000 king's seals.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by RexNebular

Priceless !

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • WinterizerWinterizer Member Posts: 65

Yeah, probably

Guess nobody knows then :)

I doubt they will be coming out with anything other then hype, so far they are still trying to fix the game for the way it should have been at release. They will hype promise and make excuess's and the magic fix is always in the next patch. Meanwhile they are putting out hype on there new game The Seceret World.

MAGA
  • HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

I doubt they will be coming out with anything other then hype, so far they are still trying to fix the game for the way it should have been at release. They will hype promise and make excuess's and the magic fix is always in the next patch. Meanwhile they are putting out hype on there new game The Seceret World.

anyone who didnt stop playing after a few weeks after they hit 80 is a dumbass.

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

They announced the expansion when that gem fiasco was raping thousands of players worldwide and when it was quite obvious to anyone but baboons that the game is far from being complete even in the mid-game range, let alone endgame. They sure have subtle ways of marketing, I must say.

Originally posted by HEKKRA

Well I had alot of fun in AoC, that is what matters. I played with a great guild the first six months but then everyone left, after that it was not that fun so I cancelled aswell.

Regarding The Secret World, the setting is fantastic I am a Lovecraft fan and have read alot about Aleister Crowley. If they do that right they will fascinate a playerbase that only could dream of such a game.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

I've haven't heard much about the expansion in months.  I suspect saying it's on the back burner would be optimistic.

Funcom would do well to worry more about AoC than TSW.  I can't see anyone that's paid attention to Funcom's history buying TSW for at least 6 months after launch.

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

I've haven't heard much about the expansion in months.  I suspect saying it's on the back burner would be optimistic.
    Funcom would do well to worry more about AoC than TSW.  I can't see anyone that's paid attention to Funcom's history buying TSW for at least 6 months after launch.

Well I survived both Anarchy Online and Age of Conan launch, it was a very rockey journey though.

I thought they had learned their lesson with AO but they repeated most of it with AoC. TSW will meet alot of competition from other MMOs like The old Republic and such. They can´t afford to blow this game too.

Well, the expansion to AoC seems to be on the shelf, the few pictures I have seen from it seemed very cool though.

And the track recored wins, Funcom never seems to learn from there mistakes nor do we the player base. I doubt TSW will be any different but i for one will not be giving them any more money.

MAGA
  • Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

I love it...LOVE IT...how people can turn a simple question into a Funcom/AoC troll.

After patch 1.05 I think we might start seeing a shift towards the expansion. 1.05 will fix the last big problems with the game, so I think we'll start seeing them focus more on content, so my guess is we'll see the expansion in mid to late 2010, but so far they haven't mention anything more about the expansion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• tfwarlordtfwarlord Member Posts: 216

LOL, that is purely a matter of taste. I have played ALOT of mmos (more than 20), and i have a pretty high standard when it comes to mmos, and i have been playing my level 80 assassin for months.
    And theres a shit load to do. EG. Pvp raid with your guild in kesh or more importantly sieges.

MY guild has a newly acquired keep (which we got from our arch nemisis (Covenant of Mor Di), and we have to defend it several times a week, and it is a BLAST to defend (it was also a blast trying to get one).

It takes a shit load of planing, to an extent which i have never seen.
    We actually use a 3rd party program to plan out our defence (a program where admins can draw on a map etc. and it is all live streamed out to us). and we of cause use ventrillo ingame for communication.

What classes and players gets in the raid teams (each side can being 2 raid teams, and they are always full), and how they are grouped. Even what equipment and how the classes are specked have a say in what group and what task you get.
    What each group, in each raids; primary, secondary and tertiary objectives are, is ALL planed out each time. Iv never seen so much strategy go in to it.

But it is when the siege its self start it is really starting to get interesting. EG Defending a breach in the 1st wall, while hearing updates from the other groups is just great. (3rd group "Catapult up SW, attemting to take it down", 6 and 7 group "We need backup" group 4 "alright coming from the NE" etc.)

These sieges is the most fun i have had in any computer game. I REALLY feel deeply involved in the battle.

Besides that i like to stalk/kill people in kesh alone as my assassin, but that is a matter of taste.

Theres also always mini-games and pve raids going on.

I would say Age of Conan has some of the best end game content of all the mmos i have seen.

Originally posted by tfwarlord

LOL, that is purely a matter of taste. I have played ALOT of mmos (more than 20), and i have a pretty high standard when it comes to mmos, and i have been playing my level 80 assassin for months.

And theres a shit load to do. EG. Pvp raid with your guild in kesh or more importantly sieges.

MY guild has a newly acquired keep (which we got from our arch nemisis (Covenant of Mor Di), and we have to defend it several times a week, and it is a BLAST to defend (it was also a blast trying to get one).

It takes a shit load of planing, to an extent which i have never seen.

We actually use a 3rd party program to plan out our defence (a program where admins can draw on a map etc. and it is all live streamed out to us). and we of cause use ventrillo ingame for communication.

What classes and players gets in the raid teams (each side can being 2 raid teams, and they are always full), and how they are grouped. Even what equipment and how the classes are specked have a say in what group and what task you get.

What each group, in each raids; primary, secondary and tertiary objectives are, is ALL planed out each time. Iv never seen so much strategy go in to it.

But it is when the siege its self start it is really starting to get interesting. EG Defending a breach in the 1st wall, while hearing updates from the other groups is just great. (3rd group "Catapult up SW, attemting to take it down", 6 and 7 group "We need backup" group 4 "alright coming from the NE" etc.)

These sieges is the most fun i have had in any computer game. I REALLY feel deeply involved in the battle.

Besides that i like to stalk/kill people in kesh alone as my assassin, but that is a matter of taste.

Theres also always mini-games and pve raids going on.

I would say Age of Conan has some of the best end game content of all the mmos i have seen.

This...This cannot be! Someone actually likes Age of Conan? I thought Funcom had a gun to the heads of every person subbing! You MUST be a schill! You must be working for Funcom!

hehe...how much you want to bet that someone dismisses you like that?

• tfwarlordtfwarlord Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by Capn23

This...This cannot be! Someone actually likes Age of Conan? I thought Funcom had a gun to the heads of every person subbing! You MUST be a schill! You must be working for Funcom!

hehe...how much you want to bet that someone dismisses you like that?

Proberly quite a few people. People today cant imagine anyone have a different opinion than them selves. I love Age of conan (and i am not the only one on my server ;-)) and i fully accept others dont. Just dont call me a dumasss or crazy, because i have a different opinion than you. That is just insulting the whole human race (me, you, everyone)

• RexNebularRexNebular Member Posts: 259

I love it...LOVE IT...how people can turn a simple question into a Funcom/AoC troll.

I love it... LOVE IT... how Funcom can turn everything into failure.

The first anniversary, such a great moment, the game survived and is getting better, let's repay the players for sticking with us, we've got some great lore, let's use it and create something memorable, let's...

HAVE THE PLAYERS GO FROM ONE WEBSITE TO ANOTHER AND SEARCH FOR KING'S SEALS

After such a successfull event only a fool wouldn't believe in Funcom' s ability to deliver an expansion.

Just after the Xbox360's version is released, of course.

The first anniversary, such a great moment, the game survived and is getting better, let's repay the players for sticking with us, we've got some great lore, let's use it and create something memorable, let's...

After such a successfull event only a fool wouldn't believe in Funcom' s ability to deliver an expansion.

Hey! Thanks for proving my point! Especially considering the anniversary event wasn't even MENTIONED in the OP.

Kthxbai

Hmm, well that was a failure thousands of posts prove that yes.....

Well my question is about Funcoms promise about a expansion last year. Any news about this?

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Krewel

They announced the expansion when that gem fiasco was raping thousands of players worldwide and when it was quite obvious to anyone but baboons that the game is far from being complete even in the mid-game range, let alone endgame. They sure have subtle ways of marketing, I must say.

Wrong they never was the first to announce the expansion. The expansion was mentioned in a interview with Erling Ellingsen if I remember correct. He was aksed very directly if Funcom have any plans for an expansion, which he confirmed. There is a slight different from announcing it themself and confirming it when asked tho, but hey who cares about those things right?

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

are they planning on this being a paid expansion . if so then hahhahhahhaha, yeah right

I miss DAoC

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

Well, Crashloop, if you can read between the lines, you'd know that they kind of "forgot" about the whole expansion, since they are intelligent enough to realize the current game needs lots of fixing, so they rather focus their PR on Trial and 1.5 right now. But at the beginning they were quite happily announcing the Khitai expansion at Leipzig, even showing some samurai poster and giving some far-fetched ideas about what the expansion will contain.

• Too little too late in my opinion, AoC had some amasing features, the zones for one were absolutely beautiful, they did a phenominal job, same with low end content (tortage). The lack of polish and high level content killed the game for a lot of people though causing many to quit early due to the increase of bugs and failed game mechanics . But it really dont matter because AoC lacked end game content for lvl80.

With Guild Wars 2 on the horizon and Aion only a few months away I think funcom's going to have a difficult time drawing back players.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

The main focus of AoC is the patch 1.05 which is redefining the game,this can make it or break it.But I see more positives that negatives and I do think that Funcom has learned from last year's mistakes before releasing any infos on  the next expansion.1.05 is the last phase of fixing the game,so I guess we might start to hear more about it next year because 2010 will be the year when the Damocles sword will point towards AoC.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881
    Originally posted by Ngeldu5t

1.05 is the last phase of fixing the game, ....

??? Crafting is still far from complete, Mounted Combat is still useless, DX10 is still a test version, PvP levels / rewards are incomplete, still haven't seen any hint of the 'Power Points' system they hyped a few months after launch. ETC. ETC. ETC.

With AOC being the Deja Vu of AO, you are still looking at least another year before they are near 'the last phase of fixing'