Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumpgate Evolution: JGE Delayed Past June

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

NetDevil has posted an update on the status of Jumpgate Evolution, saying that while the game is nearly feature complete, it still needs a lot of work and they will miss their target for a June release.

It's been about three years since we originally started thinking about making Jumpgate Evolution and in those three years many of you have been following the game's progress quite closely. You've watched the project grow and gain momentum as it has become what it is today. Getting the game complete and into your hands is the point we're really eager to get to and we strive each week to get to where we can share our adventures in space together.

One of the things we've always promised is that we would not release an unfinished product, nor would we subject players to a sub-par experience. The worst situation for a developer is that our game does not meet the expectations of our fans. This is constantly weighed against the need and desire to release the game and let our dedicated community play the game as soon as possible. I know that many of you have seen the targeted June release date and that has generated significant excitement. As with all game development projects, we constantly have to evaluate the quality of the product against anticipation. The question always asked among ourselves, does what we have meet the expectations of the players? Is what we have a good game?

Read more here.

Comments

• matrixvsmatrixvs Member Posts: 179

well beter to see them delay a game than pull a failcom

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

AoC was delayed.  Just not nearly enough. Ha.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by matrixvs

well beter to see them delay a game than pull a failcom

Nor is AoC the only game thats been premature in the last couple of years.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

All games get delayed, and this one is no exception.

But what matters is if they can stick to their guns (i.e. their funding holds out) and not release it prematurely, which is what many recent titles have sucummbed to.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LongswdLongswd Member Posts: 155

I don't think this surprises anyone who has read the last few dev diares. They've been talking about working on pretty core features, like ship handling and new ship designs. Not something you do when your releasing in a month or two. When I read the last one, I was like, no way is this coming out 2nd quarter if they're still on this stuff.

Another one that looks shakey for the 2nd quarter is Fallen Earth. They aren't  saying squat and they are supposedly no more than a month to release? Seriously doubt it.