Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If EA did finally offer Classic Servers, what Era would you prefer it to take place in?

vaultbrainvaultbrain Member Posts: 122

This is a follow-up thread/poll to the would you go back if EA offered pre-AOS servers, thread.

So, if they did finally offer classic servers, what Era would you want it to take place in?

Right After Release

T2A (The Second Age): added on the Lost Lands.

Reniassance: Split the lands into Trammel and Felucca

Lord Blackthorn's Revenge/ 3rd Dawn: Added Ilshenar and the so called 3d client

My vote is for T2A. That was, in my opinion, the best era of all.

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

LBR made me lose all faith and respect for Todd Mcfarlane.

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

"Right after release"........ minus the lag and constant roll backs, of course!

• vaultbrainvaultbrain Member Posts: 122

I dont know about right after release. I kinda liked the lost lands. I remember when you couldnt bring those Ostards over to Britannia.

• NamkravNamkrav Member Posts: 32

I enjoyed UOR. There was a tram for marketing reasons but there was still Tram looting. There were no insurance and still the old weapon style. Also there were no followers. UOR was by far the best pvp system in a game I've ever played. Hybrid does an okay job trying to bring it back but they failed on many aspects. If UO opened a classic server in UOR or any expansion before it i would reopen my account just to play it. Note how all the old versions get all the votes.

• King-KongKing-Kong Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by vaultbrain

My vote is for T2A. That was, in my opinion, the best era of all.

Yes, indeed!

• Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

Renaissance without a doubt.  No precasting.  More and different houses.  More and different "classes".  In T2A archery sucked. Spears were simply not used.  All you saw were naked mages with halbreds or dp katanas.

I wouldn't use Trammel.  That was the beginning of the end.  

I had two toons i really liked.  Finnegan an archer/fencer pk hunter, and a Vampriss a bard/tamer.  

I would leave out factions too.  

No BODS or powerscrolls.

• ElGuappoElGuappo Member Posts: 94

I'd go with 2nd Age, too. But I'd keep Trammel.

The ruptured capillaries in your nose belie the clarity of your wisdom.

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

UOR era..i had alot of fun during that time and it seems like the playerbase was at the highest

gamertag - Swaffle House

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

at release...i miss it when being a dread lord meant something

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

Personally I would go with Pre-AoS. I found the game alot of fun between Tram & Fel. The guild I was in, was split between the two facets. So we would all travel from one side to the other. When we had a big group, we would run threw Fel...when there was just a couple of us together, we would do something in Tram. We helped out newbies train up in tram.

AoS ruined crafting, skills...pretty much everything that made me enjoy UO. Weapons with stat improvements, resistance improvements, luck, power scrolls, artifacts....made the game into some kinda diablo/Wow wannabe.