Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not possible to cancel... transcript of customer support refusing to cancel.

2»

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Funny, since here in the U.S. any company which provides a  subscription based service must have an easily viewable and accessible cancellation option, of which a forum post would not be considered sufficient. And last time I checked, Acclaim is a U.S. company operating under FTC jurisdiction.

Charge back on this would be a piece of cake. A company deserves every bit the level of inconvenience that it causes to it's customers.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Funny, since here in the U.S. any company which provides a  subscription based service must have an easily viewable and accessible cancellation option, of which a forum post would not be considered sufficient. And last time I checked, Acclaim is a U.S. company operating under FTC jurisdiction.
    Charge back on this would be a piece of cake. A company deserves every bit the level of inconvenience that it causes to it's customers.

Think back The Sims online had the same BS besides the hole idea and game being retarded. They had a button that told you to call them.

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by krieblood

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Think back The Sims online had the same BS besides the hole idea and game being retarded. They had a button that told you to call them.

Yes, and so did AOL. Except they didn't have a button or any form of readily available cancel options, the same as Acclaim is doing. After losing millions in lawsuits in regards to their lack of easy and standard cancellation, we see what happened to them

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837
    Originally posted by Samprise

Hah, I finally got somewhere!  Here is my latest response from tcos support.
    Dear Player,
    Thank you for contacting Acclaim Games.
    We would like to inform you that you will not be charged as we have initiated the cancel process for you account for recurring automatic subscription renewal and it will be done at the earliest.
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    Please reply back to us if you have any further issues and we would be glad to assist you.

This is what i had to do.  Send an email to [email protected] and tell them to manually cancel your subscription.  Give them your username too.  You must send the email from the address that was used to register account or it won't work.
    hope this helps anyone with similar problem.  It took me 2 weeks to finally get resolved.  What a hassle! 

Interesting.

This is not the same address that the mods keep posting, before locking the myriad "how do i cancel" threads.

EDIT: Wow... I got a response immediately (automated, but more than I got from the other one).

So A) Still no cancel button - implementation of this continues to be delayed

B) Online customer support refuses to cancel for you

C) The address being given out by mods before locking threads appears to be the wrong address.

UPDATE: Wow again - they still won't cancel. This was the response I received.

Dear Player,

I understand that you would like information on how to stop the automatic subscription renewal with the credit card payment method.

I would like to inform you that this option is being added soon and you will be able to cancel your recurring subscription before the next billing cycle on the website.

We hope that the addition of this option helps sort out your query regarding the automatic renewal.

Please do get back to us if you have any further queries. We would be glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Robert

Spellborn Support

Acclaim Games Inc.

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

Finally - after replaying once more, I received this:

Dear Player,

We would like to inform you that you will not be charged as we have initiated the cancel process for automatic subscription renewal for you account and it will be done at the earliest.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please reply back to us if you have any further issues and we would be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,

Robert

Spellborn Support

Acclaim Games Inc.