Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR, what is it good for?

absolutely nothing..lolz

But seriously i tried the game again after a couple of months, and both my toon servers are completely dead. Scenarios never pop and no body to RVR with. This game has completly died, officially. All the oceanic servers are dead even though they offer players a low ping, are the american servers the same?????

Supbro

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

Comments

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

Absolutely nothing, say it again, huh! Good, God! War, what is it good for.....

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by supbro

absolutely nothing..lolz
    But seriously i tried the game again after a couple of months, and both my toon servers are completely dead. Scenarios never pop and no body to RVR with. This game has completly died, officially. All the oceanic servers are dead even though they offer players a low ping, are the american servers the same?????

Supbro

Which servers were you on?

There are a lot of busy NA servers.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The problem with RvR is that you need a lot of people to have fun.

I think that WARs pop would go up again if they released those missing 4 citys that they cut out a month before release because they said they was not good enough at the time and would be patched in later. The endgame would be 10 times more fun when the point of it is taking all the enemys citys instead of a lot of fictional points that really don't have any purpose.

But as time goes I start to think that they were lying about the citys and never did much work on them at all.

One thing is clear: WAR needs better endgame and needs to improve the gameplay at T3-4. Otherwise it will be hard for it to keep the current players and go into a death spiral since it needs many players to be fun. And Mythic needs to fix this rather soon, or it will be to late.

It is a shame if they don't because many things in the game are good. Focusing on adding more dungeons is not the best choice right now, while that do make the game better it doesn't fix the real problem in the game: RvR is not as fun as it should be.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by Loke666

I think that WARs pop would go up again if they released those missing 4 citys that they cut out a month before release because they said they was not good enough at the time and would be patched in later. The endgame would be 10 times more fun when the point of it is taking all the enemys citys instead of a lot of fictional points that really don't have any purpose.

Oh, I think that would be the worst thing they ever did.

It would spread the population out way too much.

As far as population, I'm on Phoenix Throne and it seems fine. The PvE is not as robust as it was when the game launched (regarding amount of people ) but the pvp seems decent and I'm only playing warhammer for the PvP. The PvE seems exceptionally boring to me. Then again, I play a tank class so it's slow killing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458

I agree adding the 4 other citys would a hugh mistake they can't even get the 2 already in working properly, not to mention the city sieges in WAR that I've been in have been some the most boreing moments i've ever had playing mmo's.

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245

absolutely nothing..lolz

Supbro

Its good for one thing--- bringing retards out in these forums to bash it

They did a lot of server transfers--my main 3 servers have a very nice population. instant scenarios almost 24 hrs a day, tons of rvr.

Just because some moron logs into WAR and finds out his old servers are dead makes it "official"-- gtfo

You OFFICIALLY  put more time into this flame thread than you did even looking to see if there were populated servers.

Its damn sure aint the greatest game around,but its fun for me and a few buddies to screw around with to pass time until something better comes out.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Aye, adding the 4 cities at it's current stage would indeed be a mistake. I'd rather them make the 2 cities they currently have be more meaningful, rather then adding an additional 4 arbitrary ones. Plus it would help spread a population already running rather thin.

I think most people are missing the point of the new dungeon too. They think 'oh great, another WC, who cares'. Actually, people should be viewing it as a Darkness Falls 2.0. That is, if they do it right. It's a PvP dungeon, which should give the game exactly what it needs right now. A place to bring combat / people together.

If done right, the new dungeon will give people a central place to both fight and get good gear.

However, it still won't address the main design flaws that are hindering this game's success. At this point, I doubt they will ever really be able to address those (they are built in as core parts of the game), though this game still has potential to be more fun than it is currently. =/

• Seen_JusticeSeen_Justice Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by Dkompoze

absolutely nothing..lolz

Supbro

Its good for one thing--- bringing retards out in these forums to bash it

They did a lot of server transfers--my main 3 servers have a very nice population. instant scenarios almost 24 hrs a day, tons of rvr.

Just because some moron logs into WAR and finds out his old servers are dead makes it "official"-- gtfo

You OFFICIALLY  put more time into this flame thread than you did even looking to see if there were populated servers.

Its damn sure aint the greatest game around,but its fun for me and a few buddies to screw around with to pass time until something better comes out.

Until something better comes out... Seems like it's been 10 years i'm hearing that constantly.

Creativity : The ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods or interpretations; using originality, progressiveness, or imagination.

• ManmadegodManmadegod Member Posts: 501

Heck, I play a warrior priest on Dark Crag.  The SC que's and even the RvR there is pretty lively. Now, I wanted to make a destruction alt to play when my group wasn't online to do things with. I literally tried every single server for SC que's while leveling up etc and I can promise you as a destruction player on the other realms, scenario que's in T1 T2 are typically about 30 minutes to hours apart which ruined my drive to even try Destruction out.

Lesson: If you want to try Warhammer out, you had better pick Dark Crag as it's the only active server on the game.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Manmadegod

Heck, I play a warrior priest on Dark Crag.  The SC que's and even the RvR there is pretty lively. Now, I wanted to make a destruction alt to play when my group wasn't online to do things with. I literally tried every single server for SC que's while leveling up etc and I can promise you as a destruction player on the other realms, scenario que's in T1 T2 are typically about 30 minutes to hours apart which ruined my drive to even try Destruction out.

Lesson: If you want to try Warhammer out, you had better pick Dark Crag as it's the only active server on the game.

While it's true that Dark Crag is probably the most popular server in WAR atm, it's not the only active one. However, most of the active servers for WAR are on east-coast US time zones. Meaning, if you are playing under any other time periods you will have a tough time finding action except during the weekend.

The game still has enough action to be enjoyable (provided you are playing during it's active hours), however it's no big secret that the population for this game is most definitely hurting.

I'm going to enjoy it while there's nothing much else around, but I will be surprised if this game ever comes close to it's original potential =/.

Well, that might be arguable. I'm looking at the population for the servers right now (6:24 est) and the medium pops are;

Phoenix Throne

Dark Crag

Iron Rock

Ironfist

Praag

Volkmar has a med/low (medium order/low destruction

Everything else is low (though for the oceanic that might make sense)

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• ManmadegodManmadegod Member Posts: 501

I am just saying, I am not sure about the end game for any server but Dark Crag which as I said was pretty good.  I mean it's where I play currently; however, I can attest to the fact that destruction players of T1-T2 on any other server wait more than 30 minutes per scenario - because I tried them. In hopes to find a decent destro server with constant pvp.

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

WAR added absolutely nothing new to the current crop of MMOs we have, it is the same old shitty point and clicky combat that EQ came up with.

This game was only running on its IP and that wears thin after a small while just like Age of Conan, the combat was little more than point and click, result fail.

Darkfall and Fallen Earth and the new crop of FPS style MMOs on the otherhand are breathing new life into the MMO market that has all but been ruined by the likes of the WOW clones.

I am just saying, I am not sure about the end game for any server but Dark Crag which as I said was pretty good.  I mean it's where I play currently; however, I can attest to the fact that destruction players of T1-T2 on any other server wait more than 30 minutes per scenario - because I tried them. In hopes to find a decent destro server with constant pvp.

Ahh, I see ; )

Originally posted by FreedomBlade

WAR added absolutely nothing new to the current crop of MMOs we have, it is the same old shitty point and clicky combat that EQ came up with.
    This game was only running on its IP and that wears thin after a small while just like Age of Conan, the combat was little more than point and click, result fail.
    Darkfall and Fallen Earth and the new crop of FPS style MMOs on the otherhand are breathing new life into the MMO market that has all but been ruined by the likes of the WOW clones.

But Fallen Earth has not been release yet so it's debatable whether it will be good and it is arguable whether Dark Fall has really contributed.

In theory yes but I have not seen it's release as anyting but controversial at best.

I almost think that the Mortal Online devs might have a bit more to offer but then again it has't been released.

I can say that my new game is going to have x features but until it's actually playable it really is just a list of features that may or may not work. Same with Warhammer. So many people wanted it to be amazing (what they think is amazing ) and many of these people were dissapointed.

And just because a game is more fps oriented doesn't mean its better or will even mean its successful.

There was that recent fps game that was more arena oriented (and I can't think of the name) but it closed down. Dark Fall is still going through growing pains and it's not being hailed as a savior as the pvp community seems a bit divided over it.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Wow i never thought i would someone so completely discredit themselves with one sentence but you manged it (with that last line of yours )...lol wtg

Darkfall is nearly flatlined and on Life Support at this point so i dont see it breathing life into anything..

And MO isnt even out yet ...and doesnt have a heartbeat of its own.

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437

Actually, WAR brought a few new and good things to the table. Public quests, balance between pve and pvp and the ability to enter the fray straight out of the box, to name a few. Unfortunately, the end game is so incredibly borked that not many can stomach to play past T3. Server populations are dying quickly. Those with strong stomachs, or low expectations, jump to the 3 or 4 servers that can still field teams on both sides. Most of us, though, are surfing the net for our next waste of time.

Lesson: If you want to try Warhammer out, you had better pick Dark Crag as it's the only active server on the game

Volkmar is lively but order owns destro bad

Iron rock is always lively tho most action seems to be tier 1 , 2 and 4

Dark Crag is also lively .. it is full rvr rules  so if you dont want to get farmed by higher level toons it may not be for you. But if you like gang raping higher level toons farming lowbies you will like it, but RVR in PVE areas is scarce,usually higher guys farming lower level toons in PQ's if anything at all

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

Karak Norn is pretty busy every night with both ORvR and Scenarios.I resubscribed 2 weeks ago after 6 months and guess what,the game is still boring for me,the bugs,exploits are still there.My WP animation still sucks sometime,so I decided to throw this game to the pit once and for all.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• supbrosupbro Member Posts: 327

The last 2 remaining oceanic servers are ghostowns, which all my characters are on. At peak time i saw like 2 people at best and sc's never popped..I guess the last few oceanic servers can be considered dead. Without a constant population the game suffers greatly and more people leave after each other, since the PVE is trulely horrible. I only lvl via PvP, since i enjoyed that the most.

I guess ill cancel again since i refuse to reroll to a NA server with a higher ping and the same isssues.  So whens Aion out>?lol

Supbro

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I wouldn't blame WAR/Mythic for the low population on European servers, it's the fact people (like me and my brother) got sick of GOA and their handling of DAoC, aswell as Euro DAoC being 6-12months behind USA DAoC, right now, Euro is on v1.91, USA is on v1.98. Me and my brother purchased the USA version of WAR, no way were we ging to play on the Euro servers, and judging by the amount of Euro players on the USA servers, alot of players felt that way too.

You should have purchased the USA version buddy, that's where we are all at.

• woeyewoeye Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Timzilla

Actually, WAR brought a few new and good things to the table. Public quests, balance between pve and pvp and the ability to enter the fray straight out of the box, to name a few. Unfortunately, the end game is so incredibly borked that not many can stomach to play past T3. Server populations are dying quickly. Those with strong stomachs, or low expectations, jump to the 3 or 4 servers that can still field teams on both sides. Most of us, though, are surfing the net for our next waste of time.

It's not just the endgame that is borked. The whole game design is flawed imho. Things like the limitation to two factions in RvR (haven't we learned anything in the past years from other games?). Or what happens to T1-T3 once the majority of the playerbase has hit level 40? How to keep all the zones, PQs and scenarios in T1 to T3 alive? Long ago someone has calculated the total number of players required in T1-T4 in order to keep all scenarios, PQs and BOs active. The number was far bigger than the server would be ever able to handle. This alone tells us something about Mythics development process. Like game designers never talk to the software engineers.

Should every MMORPG developer company ask themselfes: How can I keep this game being fun in the long run? How can I keep the game attractive to newbies even if most players have reached max level?

• AtilliusAtillius Member Posts: 16

absolutely nothing..lolz

Supbro

Dark Crag is very populated I have no problem finding a 24 player RvR group.

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
    Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

This game has completly died, officially.

Link to offical statement please.  

P.S  Thinking something or something being your oppinion does not make something "offical". ;)  

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

Originally posted by woeye

Originally posted by Timzilla

It's not just the endgame that is borked. The whole game design is flawed imho. Things like the limitation to two factions in RvR (haven't we learned anything in the past years from other games?). Or what happens to T1-T3 once the majority of the playerbase has hit level 40? How to keep all the zones, PQs and scenarios in T1 to T3 alive? Long ago someone has calculated the total number of players required in T1-T4 in order to keep all scenarios, PQs and BOs active. The number was far bigger than the server would be ever able to handle. This alone tells us something about Mythics development process. Like game designers never talk to the software engineers.

Should every MMORPG developer company ask themselfes: How can I keep this game being fun in the long run? How can I keep the game attractive to newbies even if most players have reached max level?

Most players have multiple char, some even use there lower level toons to lock lower tiers then jump back on main. So theres always people moving thru the lower level areas, maybe not as much as people would like to see but enuff to lock the tiers out.

There is know way to figure out how many people it takes to lock all aspects of the world. I think your statement is one big lie or someone lied to you. Its impossible to figure that out, way to many variables to come out with one number.

With so many variables like players level,class,number of players,pve or rvr server, ability to sneak in keeps,gear,amount of enemy defending certain points,how close respawn points are to particular objectives,skill of players attacking or defending,rekown ranks,pq exploits/glithces,lag,persons computer specs, and more.

So i call BS on your post, you could have done better to at least make your flame sound convincing or provided proof..liar.