Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most over used ingame words in mmorpgs

Just  wanted to make a list of most ingame words used and if possible throw some meanings to them as most people just use the words w/o and understanding of the meaning.

#1- Noob/nub- most used imo in any mmo. But last i checked it ment "new player" but its meening has bein twisted and changed and is now a insult that is used for everything from PvP to asking any question at all. People just throw the word around at any possible chance it gets very anoying.

#2- Gank- I hear this word alot in PvPed based game. Last i checked it ment when 2 or more players kill a single person. Mostly i see this term used right from most people. I use it my self in some games.

#3- Owned- zzz this word is used for about anything in PvP. When people kill some one first thing after the word noob is owned. Imo owned meens when you have truely beat some one by a large margin. but now its used every time any one kills another player despite what hp that player was at or how many ppl helped u win.

#4-Pawned- Basicly anther form of owned. But my geeky gamer freind says pawned is when a lower lvls player beats a higher level player.

#5 Raped- I hear this alot. Normally used when some one kills some one else. Yet again another Owned/pawned type word used after killing some one.

Add some more these are just 5 off the top of my head.

Comments

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

Nub doesn't even make sense. When you lose your finger in a wood chipper, you're left with a nub. Newbie/newb/Noobie/noob/n00b are all good though.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

pointless poll.  It always has been and always will be noob

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• VizrVizr Member Posts: 18

okay, ok, k, kay, kk, or any other variation. Not as exciting as you would probably like for a 'most used word', but I would be willing to put money down that okay or any variation of the word is probably pretty high up there in terms of use.

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

Geared